AC FIA GT @ Imola 1994 - Sunday 17th December 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Oh man, what a damn bad start into this race. Qulified with personal best right away in my first flying lap, started third behind of @SwannyUK and Fulvio. Nice!

I tried to go a bit off the throttle after shifting into first gear to reduce wheel spin, which worked out well in practise but didn't work at all in race. Lost three or four places directly at the line. :unsure:
Then in Tamborello two cars crashed directly in front of me and I could pass really close. I was kinda disturbed and frustrated when I came into the little righthander before Tosa. I thought maybe I could break out Robert inside, came onto the grass with my left tyres and had no chance to stop my car. Fully crashed into @SwannyUK.
Shame on me, I'm very sorry, Chris. Thats actually unforgivable. I destroyed your race in the (kinda) first corner :(:cry:.

After that it got better for me, I had good pace, could overtake some cars who crashed in the first laps went to pits early and a bit later catched Brian on the grass (we both went offroad in Rivazza, but saved it quite well). I remember I spun out of the chicane on some point in this race, but hey, I drove a Viper :whistling::O_o:

Had a really nice pursuit on Robert, could finally overtake him when he went wide in Rivazza. Sorry for you, buddy, could have been a nice fight otherwise. Great racing on your side!
Next to pursuit was this fast German guy, @H_Belane :D:D. You did a great job again, Hank. I came closer and closer, last lap I was really close at the last chicane and I guess I kinda forced you into a little mistake, your tyres locked up, I was faster through the chicane and veeery close behind you on the finish line. :cool:

Very well done, guys, especially you guys, Robert, Hank and Fulvio. :)
And again, I'm very sorry Chris! :unsure::sick:

Have a nice christmas time everyone, looking forward to see you next year!

Last edited:
Oh man, what a damn bad start into this race. Qulified with personal best right away in my first flying lap, started third behind of @SwannyUK and Fulvio. Nice!

I tried to go a bit off the throttle after shifting into first gear to reduce wheel spin, which worked out well in practise but didn't work at all in race. Lost three or four places directly at the line. :unsure:
Then in Tamborello two cars crashed directly in front of me and I could pass really close. I was kinda disturbed and frustrated when I came into the little righthander before Tosa. I thought maybe I could break out Robert inside, came onto the grass with my left tyres and had no chance to stop my car. Fully crashed into @SwannyUK.
Shame on me, I'm very sorry, Chris. Thats actually unforgivable. I destroyed your race in the (kinda) first corner :(:cry:.

After that it got better for me, I had good pace, could overtake some cars who crashed in the first laps went to pits early and a bit later catched Brian on the grass (we both went offroad in Rivazza, but saved it quite well). I remember I spun out of the chicane on some point in this race, but hey, I drove a Viper :whistling::O_o:

Had a really nice pursuit on Robert, could finally overtake him when he went wide in Rivazza. Sorry for you, buddy, could have been a nice fight otherwise. Great racing on your side!
Next to pursuit was this fast German guy, @H_Belane :D:D. You did a great job again, Hank. I came closer and closer, last lap I was really close at the last chicane and I guess I kinda forced you into a little mistake, your tyres locked up, I was faster through the chicane and veeery close behind you on the finish line. :cool:

Very well done, guys, especially you guys, Robert, Hank and Fulvio. :)
And again, I'm very sorry Chris! :unsure::sick:

Have a nice christmas time everyone, looking forward to see you next year!
No worries, happens to all of us at some point. It was just unfortunate as it was my first race on AC in these cars so I'd practiced quite a bit during the week, got a PB in qualifying which was great. I'd put off some other real life stuff to join the race so after seeing that massive shunt down the main straight then getting smashed out I decided it was better to call it a night. I viewed a few other cars before heading off and there seemed to be a lot of shunts going in, possibly lack of track time or cold tyres / brakes.

Last edited:
No worries, happens to all of us at some point. It was just unfortunate as it was my first race on AC in these cars so I'd practiced quite a bit during the week, got a PB in qualifying which was great. I'd put off some other real life stuff to join the race so after seeing that massive shunt down the main straight then getting smashed out I decided it was better to call it a night. I viewed a few other cars before heading off and there seemed to be a lot of shunts going in, possibly lack of track time or cold tyres / brakes.
Yeah, I saw you did lots of laps on the practise server and you were faster than me. So sorry man, hopefully we'll see you again in one of the next races.!

Unfortunately didn't complete a lap. accidents ahead of me in the race start sent me out of Italy not the track :laugh: Please watch this two videos. I am not sure if it is a bug with the track or the car!!

These are the final boss of sim racing. Hit the wall and there's a good chance it's race over. Side by side racing is pretty tricky. About a year ago now, when we last had them out, it took a few events for the racing to settle into that mindset.

Saying that, the walls at this track to seem to be alot worse than other tracks we've been to. First time here, maybe the rainmaker 1988 version would be better. Same layout.

But, it can happen at a kunos track too.

1988 track would have been better, dinner awaited me, and the thought of 64 ridiculous chicanes in an hour persuaded me to go for dinner and not have it reheated an hour later.

4EC3D365-6502-4172-B5EA-4463B6B7D6C0.png

Are we going to have more events with these cars? If yes how about Sebring and Road America?
Hello Ihab;
Not sure what @Interslice may have in mind, but I'm thinking to do a GTR2 tribute race series with these cars (in AC) on the 2005 FIA GT Championship tracks. I'll be starting a trial race event on Friday, 01/05 01/12 at 8:30pm UTC to gage interest. Track will be Oschersleben. Same cars but adding the new 'Adonis' and the Maserati MC12.

Tough luck on your race today, normally we don't have glitches like that.

Last edited:
that was above my expetation the car was so fun to drive even if i was struggling alot out of acque minerali probably cause i didnt really worked on the setup and i was having alot of understeer in the sector2, but can be also me not taking the s2 in a correct way . Qualy lap really good that put me in p2 lost around 0.3 in sector2 . at the race start i was able to get p1 before the Tosa but then i saw a rocket on the mirror hitting p2 and inevitably the p2 hitted my rear, lost around 7 positions but i was lucky to be able to get back on track, back to top 2 before the pitstop and since i didnt know the pit entry i went for a small tactic to wait behind the p1 thank you Hank for that ;), in the pitlane i was able to pull an hard work overtake and gain p1 on a Hank in refuel :roflmao: , after the pit my race went in hotlap mode in couple points while slinding i was having the flashback of a car stamped to a pole but overall i was enjoying the slides . Congratz to Hank for p2 and Jhonny for p3 well done. thank you Brian as always for hosting :D

These are great cars to drive. I just wish they were equally good to race. Not my best race. I collided with a Lambo (Thomas I think) near Tamburello on lap 1 and that was the beginning to a very challenging race. My pace was decent, but lacked the talent to turn those lap times consistently. These cars really are the final boss of sim racing.

Hi Folks
Thanks for the race. Some very fast blokes and cool cars. Was not too good :)
Nevertheless, I am still familiarising myself with AC online and need some guidance.
Regarding pitstops:
Off line it works: do the necessary fuel/tyres in the setup UI, then when wanting to refuel, you enter pit lane and stop in the blocks, i immediately get bird-eye-view, the pit crew do their thing then I am put in the cockpit automatically and can race on...
It did not happen online in that way.
Extra fuel, no tyres in setup sorted b4 race, coming in for fuel I stopped at my block and then it seemed nothing happened, and I could not get moving for at least 30 seconds, I did an ESC and then 'Resume' and was able to drive off, but the car was underfilled and race over from then.
Can anyone please explain or point me in the right direction to sort out AC pitstops?
Thanks

Quiet enough race for me. Carnage at the start. Looking at the replay probably the worst lap 1 of the year saved for last! What was just a mistake by 2 drivers, snowballed rapidly and ended up taking out half the field.
Probably should have red flagged it in hind sight. If I had of known @SwannyUK was stuck in the wall at alto and another car went sailing over the wall in tamburello I would have restarted the race.

That mess put me right up in p4. A few laps in, braked too late at Rivazza and took Piratella in 3rd instaed of 2nd. Both cost me 10 plus seconds I never got back! Robbed a spot off Richards unfortunate pitstop at the half way. We had the same pace and sat about 5 seconds apart for a half hour!

Thanks to all for racing last night and throughout the year :thumbsup: Well done to Fulvio and the podium finishers. Finally some Vipers up on the steps!

See you in at the next one in the new year!

Hi Folks
Thanks for the race. Some very fast blokes and cool cars. Was not too good :)
Nevertheless, I am still familiarising myself with AC online and need some guidance.
Regarding pitstops:
Off line it works: do the necessary fuel/tyres in the setup UI, then when wanting to refuel, you enter pit lane and stop in the blocks, i immediately get bird-eye-view, the pit crew do their thing then I am put in the cockpit automatically and can race on...
It did not happen online in that way.
Extra fuel, no tyres in setup sorted b4 race, coming in for fuel I stopped at my block and then it seemed nothing happened, and I could not get moving for at least 30 seconds, I did an ESC and then 'Resume' and was able to drive off, but the car was underfilled and race over from then.
Can anyone please explain or point me in the right direction to sort out AC pitstops?
Thanks

Never come across that before :( Did you try it on the practice server?

Hello Ihab;
Not sure what @Interslice may have in mind, but I'm thinking to do a GTR2 tribute race series with these cars (in AC) on the 2005 FIA GT Championship tracks. I'll be starting a trial race event on Friday, 01/05 01/12 at 8:30pm UTC to gage interest. Track will be Oschersleben. Same cars but adding the new 'Adonis' and the Maserati MC12.

Tough luck on your race today, normally we don't have glitches like that.
Sounds great. I'll wait the event information.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.