FIA bans DRS for Monaco tunnel and Eau Rouge

If I am not wrong when the cars are in the tunnel there is higher air presure below the car then normal and with the wing open there will be less air presure over the car which could cause an air flight once the cars exit the tunnel because the difference in air presure about and under the car won't be well balanced to keep the car on the ground.

Having watched FP1 this morning, I agree with the decision.
The cars looks quite slippery in the tunnel and locking up in the braking zone before the chicane.

JOlNK.png

I don't see how bad it could be in Eau Rouge.
You're going uphill, so the weight of the car is predominantly at the rear, so surely that would act as enough downforce to maintain grip whilst the rear wing is open?

I also think the Monaco tunnel is perhaps the safest part of the track to use DRS on.

Worse place in the world chris as there is soooooo many marbles off the racing line in the tunnel.....look what happened to Massa!!!

Worse place in the world chris as there is soooooo many marbles off the racing line in the tunnel.....look what happened to Massa!!!

Yeh in hind-sight, the FIA made the right call there.
I realised I was mistaken right after the Friday practice sessions.
The cars looked twitchy in the tunnel before there were even any marbles on the track!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 44 26.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 31 18.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 6.6%