AC Ferrari royale @ Silverstone - Tue 4th Nov 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Christoph Wohlkönig disliked me for saying keep up the good work Akis. Strange. But it takes all types. :) Must have upset him. ;)
No, i thought you have inserted some comments in your quote of @Akis Kevrekidis post in bold red letters which were a little bit provoking in my eyes... i disagreed on that because the "keep up the good work" sounded sarcastic related to this comments in the quote....
looks like you just changed this comments!! Because before it was more like:
Akis:
Well, from what I recall, I kept saying to Ian and Christian to keep their positions at the rolling start but they obviously couldn't hear me. Plus I kept saying to not disconnect because there is a second race, but still some ppl disconnected.
Comment:
Oh, this bad people! Let´s hang them immediatly.... (and so on)

Sorry i don´t remember the exact wording and unfortunately as you changed this now my evidence is gone... but the fact that you changed it now also proofs that you inserted the not so nice ones also in the first place.

So i would kindly ask you to not (to try to) fool me ;)

Guys keep in mind that this reverse order - bizarro stuff events don't happen that often. Not everyone's cup of tea, but it's just a thing some of us enjoy doing once in a while.

The majority of the events are based on the normal, well known format (normal grid - standing start) and that's the way it will stay.

So.. let's move on to the next event where (almost) everything is back to normal! :D

No, i thought you have inserted some comments in your quote of @Akis Kevrekidis post in bold red letters which were a little bit provoking in my eyes... i disagreed on that because the "keep up the good work" sounded sarcastic

No Christoph, you are mistaken. I have nothing against you. But you didn't disagree, you disliked.

I told Akis to keep up the good work regarding keeping club races going. I did agree he should punish offenders though and later removed that. But in reality offenders should have some form of punishment if they break the rules like Akis said.
I wouldn't say hang them though. I said off with their heads.;) It is rhetorical, not meant in all seriousness as I think chopping a head off for making a false start is a bit too much. Chop their hands off instead. Hows that?

No problem though Christoph. Have a nice day mate. :)

Last edited:
No Christoph, you are mistaken. I have nothing against you. But you didn't disagree, you disliked.

I told Akis to keep up the good work regarding kee;-) ping club races going. I did agree he should punish offenders though and later removed that. But in reality offenders should have some form of punishment if they break the rules like Akis said.
I wouldn't say hang them though. I said off with their heads.;) It is rhetorical, not meant in all seriousness as I think chopping a head off for making a false start is a bit too much. Chop their hands off instead. Hows that?

No problem though Christoph. Have a nice day mate. :)
;)
I know ofc it's rethorical but i thought it's sarcastic on Akis and i would dislike this indeed because i very much appreciate Akis' work!!
Anyway no problem and i like the revised version of your post;):D

Last edited:
Well I had a nightmare first race, after getting new speakers and my first headphones, installed TS yesterday but couldn't get game to come through speakers and TS through headphones so I found it very hard to hear people apologises, I'll have to go TS forums to see how it's done, I also had lag for the first time which wasn't nice so had no choice but to stop, hope I get the teamspeak sorted out and do some races again thanks to akis for sorting my connection out at the start cheers guys

@Ian Weatherill I know how you feel. I have been trying TS too lately. (I hate it to be honest) I have been trying to get game sound through my speakers and TS through my headphones but I just can't do it. So I just put TS on mute. I know it's handy to hear instructions through it, but I don't like racing and hearing people having a chat.
Let me know if you manage to get it working.

Cheers
Andy

Well I had a nightmare first race, after getting new speakers and my first headphones, installed TS yesterday but couldn't get game to come through speakers and TS through headphones so I found it very hard to hear people apologises, I'll have to go TS forums to see how it's done, I also had lag for the first time which wasn't nice so had no choice but to stop, hope I get the teamspeak sorted out and do some races again thanks to akis for sorting my connection out at the start cheers guys
Hi Andy, will do!, I don't know how other people do it as soon as I plug the headphones in my speakers aren't working so confusing but will let you know mate

Hi Andy, will do!, I don't know how other people do it as soon as I plug the headphones in my speakers aren't working so confusing but will let you know mate
If you have only one soundcard, there is only one channel for output - so you can't have speakers and headphones on at the same time. I do have a headset with its own soundcard build in (Logitech G35), so I could do what you intend to. But I dont! I have all sounds go to the headset, AC set to about 20-30% volume and teamspeak at 100% - so I can hear everything. Which everyone imho should.

@Andy Jackson :
Joining Teamspeak and then muting it is kind of senseless, isn't it? Unless you want to get around the rule of having Teamspeak on. But why? There is no "chatting" going on, I've had multiple races, qualifies and training sessions, were not one word was said over Teamspeak - everyone was concentrating on driving and there were no incidents or overtaking actions going on to talk about.

@Andy Jackson :
Joining Teamspeak and then muting it is kind of senseless, isn't it? Unless you want to get around the rule of having Teamspeak on. But why? There is no "chatting" going on, I've had multiple races, qualifies and training sessions, were not one word was said over Teamspeak - everyone was concentrating on driving and there were no incidents or overtaking actions going on to talk about.

@Stefan Schmitz Got no headset. What do you want me to do?
I was in an AC race the other night here and lots of chat going on.
Most of the GSCE and Race 07 club races dont make TS mandatory and we get on ok.
If there is no chatting going on, then why not mute it?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.