Ferrari F1 Replica Wheel Unveiled

With F1 2011 just days away gamers are ought to be in search of a new wheel to celebrate the launch of the on-paper most authentic F1 game yet. Trustmaster figured the same and has come up with a Ferrari F1 replica wheel.

The Ferrari licenced wheel is closely modelled to match its real-world counterpart. Every possible switch and dial has made the cut and is present in arguably the most authentic F1 wheel to date. It’s not an appearance thing either; most buttons actually work apart from the centre Ferrari dial, which can’t be turned. As a result this wheel is set to offer the most authentic F1 experience money can buy.

Unfortunately you’ll need a fair bit of it because the Ferrari F1 wheel is an add-on to the Trustmaster T500 RS steering wheel, and will cost €599 as a set or €149 for the wheel alone. So for owners of the Trustmaster T500, this add-on is actually quite affordable.

Still should you want one? Opinions are divided. It’s a lovely wheel and the best way to drive F1 2011 without a doubt. However it’s a shame that some buttons are inactive, and it would look plain silly using this wheel in any other racing game. Finally it does lack the LED indicators and shift lights, the icing on the cake.

The demographic of this product are wealthy F1 fans with a tifosi heart, whether you belong in this group is something to be decided. Still you’ll not only be buying into a niche product, the Trustmaster T500 RS is a proper wheel with a couple of interesting innovations such as 1080-degree turning and a high torque motor. Plus when F1 2011 finally parts with your machine, you can always return to the default wheel or any other you may have bought at that point. In the baked air of the F1 2011 fever, is this wheel a product you’d buy? Let us know in a comment below.

alon_mass_ferr_monz_2011-1.jpg

f3aj.jpg

Special thanks to Mike Sterckx for the tip!

Looks like a good wheel, not many reviews around, but I have been invited by James Robertson to give it a go later this month, so will be able to give a little feedback, shame about the no LED's but as I havent got any atm you cant complain for 150Euro's.Just as a sidenote its a Thrustmaster not Trustmaster, thought it might of been a knock off wheel at one point till I looked it up.

Upvote 0
The wheel is not listed on the Thrustmaster website. 599 euros equals $827US. It better be a freakin' good wheel! (Thrustmaster doesn't have a sterling reputation with the PC crowd). I'll wait and see how Fanatec's F1 style wheel compares (when it's released...).

Upvote 0
As soon as i saw this wheel was coming out I ordered a T500, which, having used for a few days, I am totally blown away by.....I have owned a fair few wheels, g27, fantec gt2, DFGT, Fanatec Turbo s....and i would say the thrustmaster just pips the fanatec gt2. It Feels very precise and im actually catching the odd sideways moment now and again.I have ordered the f1 add on from amazon but Im a bit unsure how many of the buttons actually work, seems to be a bit of a lack of good solid information available. No shortage of duff information though, the fuel mix switch for example is clearly just moulded for cosmetic effect but some sites have been saying its fully functional along with all the others which surround the centre dial. Hopefully the thumb wheel / dials will work in some way but I have a funny feeling they are also just cosmetic.Will be interesting to see what is under the plate where the rev lights should be, hopefully thrustmaster have had the foresight to allow easy incorporation of Leo Bodnars Sli-pro.....I doubt it though.

Upvote 0
I was excited to see the release of this wheel right up untill I saw the pictures of it on amazons web site.The dials are obviously for display purpose only, you can see that the sticker around it clearly shows that the dials do not move.:frown:I think I will wait for the Fanatec F1 wheel series to be released, at least that has two usable dials and a rev display.But on the possative side, it is nice to see two new F1 wheels now on the market that are affordable for everyone, unlike some custom wheels that are around £500 - £1200 just for the wheel.

Upvote 0
Scott the wheel as an add on is £129.00 from Amazon, you also need the base.The base and std wheel are about £384.00 from Amazon.I'm waiting for Fanatec CSR though as these are not X-patible.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 50 27.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 36 19.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • Forum trophies