Fernando Alonso

So Kimi and Alonso in the same team. I've been watching and supporting Ferrari for over 15 years and this is the first time there is no clear "number 1" driver. I believe Alonso is currently Ferrari's greatest asset and letting him go would be a huge loss. Although I would love to see the Spaniard in the same car as Vettel. Imo they are the 2 best overall drivers in F1

To me Nando is the greatest race car driver in the world right now. Yes, better than Vettel by far and this i think makes him number 1 driver in Ferrari, despite Kimi. Kimi is a good driver, but Nando is that too, and on top of that a great tactician, tester and master of utilizing everything available in the cars he drives.

So they are an excellent line up, but Alonso will remain no. 1. No question about that for me.

And i really hope that Ferrari gets it right and deliver a car that can challenge the Red Bulls, and that the world gets to see that in an equal fight, Vettel is not all he is cracked up to be. :)

Forza Nando 2014

I don't mean this in a negative way, but I think, for one reason or another, this will be Alonso's last year at Ferrari.
It's already been 7 years since his last championship.

I don't mean this in a negative way, but I think, for one reason or another, this will be Alonso's last year at Ferrari.
It's already been 7 years since his last championship.

Maybe... He has a good deal going with the scuderia however, probably set up for a long time should he stay. Winning them a WDC and WCC would give him the lifetime treatment, probably.

But he desperately wants to win one more WDC, and if the car is not up to it he may consider it. Red Bull is possible as an alternative.

Probably RBR has Vettel, in Mercedes there is Hamilton, in McLaren remember what he did and the Lotus team need money and Renault can't force they to sign up Alonso. Is there any other competitive team?

Alonso, like Hamilton, is just too good to be a double world champion.

Like Hamilton, he is worthy of three or four, but, unlike Hamilton, he may be worthy of five.

Such an all-around driver who has not made the best of decisions in his career.

That, along with not having a good enough car and team strategy has held him back.

As I said, I hope the 2015 season will be a McLaren vs. Mercedes showdown.

EDIT - The car was not good enough, but, he managed to win races and even finish on the podium with it.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 161052

tumblr_nhz3753nTz1tx39iqo1_1280.jpg

Just saw this on Tumblr. Will this be Alonso's new McLaren helmet?

I am so glad Alonso has stuck with his traditional helmet rather than opting for a Mclaren colour scheme helmet, as much as it is nice to see drivers opt for a helmet that matches their car colours, I prefer it when drivers stick with their own design and colour scheme of helmet, maybe why I kind of prefer Hamiltons yellow helmet rather than the one he has now

“Alonso is a great race driver,” he said, “but not a good test driver. Each year, when he shook the car down, he said everything was perfect, then after a few months he began complaining. A real champion is the one who is able to manage the team.”

“Ferrari’s problem in the LAST FEW seasons,” claimed Forghieri, “was not having another Schumacher.”

And i was saying this since 2010 but they told me i was insane. Now when this is said by the Ex-Ferrari Boss i wonder what they will say about him.

Agree Dusko, That is why I think Alonso is not the best driver in the field. He is undoubtedly quick but he can't develop a car and/or a team. Sometimes you have great team managers who can do that like Horner but if you don't have such a team manager then the number 1 driver has to do that job. Alonso failed to do that at Ferrari.

Agree Dusko, That is why I think Alonso is not the best driver in the field. He is undoubtedly quick but he can't develop a car and/or a team. Sometimes you have great team managers who can do that like Horner but if you don't have such a team manager then the number 1 driver has to do that job. Alonso failed to do that at Ferrari.

First time I see anybody crediting Horner with anything... I hardly see that guy as the driving force for anything at RB!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back