AC FAT-ALFIE championship multiclass round 2@Bremgarten, Wed 1st November 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sorry Doug, had a Spike Milligan moment when I read this:p:roflmao::roflmao::laugh:
and for some reason Carsten could not see me and rammed me up the tailpipe.
Spike.jpg

Qualified 8th behind the Abarth train..Mazda is quicker off the line so i knew i could pinch a couple of places which did happen..Kept in front during the twisty bits,but then the Abarth comes into its own on the straight bits..Some good placing of the car, defending off Mika :p kept him at bay,for a bit which saw a gap in the field so i pitted..Gained a place after pitting which saw me just behind Paul giving Hank a good run for his money...So i was looking at a podium finish :confused:..In my head i would have been happy with 5/6th, taking a couple of Abarth scalps..With this going around the grey matter,,Yup i screwed up,rear end went light on me i hit the barrier......AND Mika was right up my Tailpipe:unsure:
:unsure:,just grabbing 3rd by 7 tenths..all in all 4th was great,better than expected,the dark certainly adds another dimension to the racing..Nice field 22 so just shows how popular these little comps are..Onto the next 1 and see what that has in store for us..
Great win @Shed17 Paul it does,nt get much closer than that...
@H_Belane Hank..Unlucky but still a great performance..
@Mikke73 Mika..Hmmm you Jammie :poop:..:D
:roflmao::p:p,i,ll get you back..

A fun first race! Thank you guys.

Didn't quite find the pace at first and got crashed into at the start. Then by own mistake spun and was stranded on a difficult position and decided to teleport to pits to prevent anyone crashing into me. The rest of the race was smooth sailing, getting more familiar with the track and the car and quite enjoying myself.

Looking forward to the next one!

A fun first race! Thank you guys.

Didn't quite find the pace at first and got crashed into at the start. Then by own mistake spun and was stranded on a difficult position and decided to teleport to pits to prevent anyone crashing into me. The rest of the race was smooth sailing, getting more familiar with the track and the car and quite enjoying myself.

Looking forward to the next one!
For someone who joined for the first time with a car of which you apparently weren't very familiar with, you had an astonishing pace as I have witnessed. It will not surprise me if you will join the frontrunners within a few races! Allan, John, Mika, Jason, Fulvio: it gets a bit crowded there with you guys!:D

Ufff... this one was rough.

Started well and as expected having some nice fights with José, trading positions depending on who made the least mistakes. You are making good progress my friend, well done! :thumbsup:

Then around the half way mark simply lost my focus, lost the back and spun on that first high-speed bump/corner. While trying to recover from that must've overworked the back tires, which increased the pressure and lowered grip because every other turn on that lap was a spin for me without any grip.
Needless to say the fun ended there. From then onward I was mostly on my own, losing focus on the long straights and simply making mistake after mistake.
I was glad when it was over. On to the next one!

Welcome to the new joiners, congrats to the podiums and thanks to Han for hosting!

Cheers!
- Ricardo

Last edited:
is there any way of making return to the pits, when we are stuck in a fence have a zero time loss. I mean you sit in the pits for 33 seconds and more, just waiting.
in this race both Jason and I not only lost time of 1/2 a lap, which was no ones fault, this would have been do-able but added to that was another a lap down too.:O_o:
So instead of being 1/2 a lap down, both of us were 1 1/2 laps down.:unsure:
You should re-join and only be the paces and time you lost down on every one else.
just a thought for the next poor soul.

is there any way of making return to the pits, when we are stuck in a fence have a zero time loss. I mean you sit in the pits for 33 seconds and more, just waiting.
in this race both Jason and I not only lost time of 1/2 a lap, which was no ones fault, this would have been do-able but added to that was another a lap down too.:O_o:
So instead of being 1/2 a lap down, both of us were 1 1/2 laps down.:unsure:
You should re-join and only be the paces and time you lost down on every one else.
just a thought for the next poor soul.
Yeah, sometimes these time penalties don't make any sense. Until recently I always just lost the progress of the lap I was on when teleporting, but not anymore. I was racing with 1967 F1 cars on Monza '66 Road Course (another community, also using the same Server Manager), when I got in an accident about halfway to the first lap. I teleported to pits, and then to my dismay noticed that I had to sit in the pits for 60 seconds, in addition to losing the 1/2 a lap.

I don't know why this has changed, but it does seem a bit of an overkill. According to the rules of another community I race in, you should either get the time penalty, or lose the progress of the lap - but not BOTH.

EDIT: I don't even know if this is a server-side or a client-side problem.

Last edited:
That's what I was afraid of, because I saw some indication on Emperor's Discord that this would be a client side thing. It's just strange that I did over 500 races before seeing this time penalty for the first time... :O_o: Not that many teleports during the race, of course.
I have now changed my button assignment from Setup-In-Pits to Teleport-To-Pits, but I hope I won't have to see whether it changes anything :D

Last edited:
It,s a strange world. I have been tweeking and twirking that little Mazda for a couple of years or more and although the car handles well i could not find that extra to be in the top half of times so ultimately overdriving and not enjoying it much. All that changed when Robert leaked out a couple of setup tips and i realised i have been tweeking in the wrong direction. So, nothing changed with my quali time but that is me and not the car. Started way down in 16th i think and just drove the damn thing to finish 8th and 4th Mazda i believe, so happy with that result especialy after getting involved with the carnage at the 1st lap. Had a great mid race battle with Ricardo Prins trading places time and time again until i finally got the upper hand and we lost contact. Nice driving man, always nice to be so close to a driver and know your safe from contact. Look forward to fighting you again. Also, thank you Robert for making my car a little nicer. Thanks too goes to Han for making it all happen and also for what is never said, by putting up with all our wingeing and mouning to keep us all happy :rolleyes:

This might've been the most demanding race I have taken part in, despite finding Thomson Road to be more unforgiving. At the end of the race I was a bit annoyed at how it went and disappointed with the result. Having had some time to look back, I think it was actually one of the best and educational races I've had so far.

I qualified 3rd in class, the best I have done yet. Very proud of that! Didn't last long though as I must've lost around 7 positions in the first lap. Got some positions back because of the incident.

The fight with Steve was very enjoyable! He had some great attacking and defending moves which took all the concentration I had. I was a bit quicker through the last corner, while Steve was faster pretty much everywhere else. The fight took a lot of energy as I was tense pretty much all the way through. Eventually my concentration dwindled and I kept making more and more mistakes. So I decided to pit, hoping to find myself alone so I could cool down a bit. That was some fun, clean racing Steve! You absolutely deserved to win that fight. And thanks for putting up with my first corner shenanigans. You made it really hard for me to take that corner by waiting for the very last moment to give it up. It was hard, but fair though!

Later on I found myself fighting with Han for a lap or two. We crashed together on the curvy straight after I tried to defend the corner. Looking back, I'm still not sure who was at fault there.

With 15 minutes to go, my body was aching and hurting which in turn made my lap times very inconsistent. At that point I was just limping home, not trying to crash and keep the position.

As always, congrats to the podium, thanks all for participating and thanks Han for organizing!

Now you've all mastered this track then consider repeating the fun and joining the parallel Classis Fat-Alfie Championship races on Tue. Next one coming up this week. These old cars are a lot of fun and the throttle and brake control needed will improve your skill level.

It doesn't matter if you can't commit to the whole series as there are plenty of slots available. I'd say Bremgarten is one of the easier tracks so a good place to start.

Last edited:
Looking back, I'm still not sure who was at fault there.
I regard it as an race incident. I moved into the space beside you assuming you saw that as I was fas closing in on you with the Abarth turbo. Apparently you didn't but it's not your fault.

Last edited:
Well, honestly, I did see you closing in. That's why I moved into the right-hander, claiming the corner. Because I "won" that corner and you were behind me, I figured I could stay on the racing line and move to the left. I wasn't expecting you to try to stick it in the inside. When I look at your perspective though, I can see why you made that move.

I recorded the incident, maybe other people could chime in and give their opinion? Just know I'm not trying to put the blame on anyone. :) Just want to learn from this so next time a similar thing happens I know whether I can do the same thing, or have to stay more to the right.

Ooooh Han, looks like an optimistic overtake move to me :laugh:
Surely, you would of passed on the next straight?
I mean with all that brute power of the fart

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 141 86.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 27 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 25 15.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 20 12.2%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 50 30.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 58 35.4%