AC FAT-ALFIE championship multiclass round 1@Thomson Road, Wed 18th October 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I suggested a small championship to Dominic for his American timezone events, based on this amazing song from Mark Knopfler.
It's a song inspired by a racing season of Stefan Johanson.
So for everyone who doesn't know it, here it is:
Love this idea Han, thanks for suggesting it! Evidently, Stefan has had quite a remarkable career in racing, driving everything from F1 to CART with many impressive highlights along the way including a win at Le Mans. Judging by the race venues mentioned in the song (cool song BTW) looks like these were races from his CART days. I definitely see an interesting championship forming...

That was a more or less fun race...

Not my kinda track, but found some usable pace here and there.

P13 on starting grid, can live with that. Some close battle in t1 and t2, but the right hander t3 I misjudged Colin's braking point, so I caused some mayhem there, sorry to all involved. I waited for Collin to get back on the track so sound myself in last position again.

But it gave me some good opportunities to fight with a few others. Been on Collin's tail the first couple of laps (I noticed some warping in close racing, anyone else or was that on my side? I'll check the replay to see were the warping was), Steve in the mix as well.

Later I found Chris on my path, he was defending really great in the Abarth, we did the same dance for three or four laps (on the tail in the corners and then having to let go after the last corner into the straight) and so I decided to pit.

In the end I saw Rico's headlights getting bigger and bigger in the mirrors, so now I had to do qualy laps almost every lap and defend with all I had. He was faster, but somehow I managed to stay in front. The dragrace on the long straight up the hill where the cars are airborn was quite scary indeed Rico haha, good fun, thanks for the fights!

Again, thank you Han, great stuff as always, kudo's to the podium masters!!

See you next week!

Edit: warping is there in the replay, but only Collin and I were close, so couldn't see if other cars than mine were warping at the same time)

Last edited:
I have to be honest with myself, I can't drive in the dark. After sunset, 3 seconds slower. A threat to everyone. It looked spectacular, but I just can't do it. I don't even want to think about the other tracks where there aren't as many friendly and always helping lampposts. I'd better leave the championship before I drag other drivers into the abyss with me.

I should have voted for daylight back then. No matter, you can't change it. Have fun everyone.

By the way, the race was great until...well...I already mentioned it.

Good luck to everyone at the championship! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have to be honest with myself, I can't drive in the dark. After sunset, 3 seconds slower. A threat to everyone. It looked spectacular, but I just can't do it. I don't even want to think about the other tracks where there aren't as many friendly and always helping lampposts. I'd better leave the championship before I drag other drivers into the abyss with me.

I should have voted for daylight back then. No matter, you can't change it. Have fun everyone.

By the way, the race was great until...well...I already mentioned it.

Good luck to everyone at the championship! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
You can turn of weather fx and then you are in daylight all the time if that helps. But I could imagine that you’d like to race in the same conditions as the others. Personally I hate the low sun, that’s where I have to go 200% focus. Ah well, we all have to deal with it I guess. I hope you stay in the series Hank!

Race was fun, and I somehow managed to finish at the same position I started at, despite being taken out by Han on the first lap. Having to overtake lapped cars from the outside was a bit frightening but manageable.
Not much else to tell, after the first lap I was just trying to salvage at least something from the race, and I think reaching my starting position must be enough today.

Well I won’t be repeating that, plain stressful, I much preferred the mid field. A battle with every man and his dog for 60min was just too much.:O_o:

78653CDA-C2E4-420B-84C3-C4B1AD8893D7.jpeg

Well you are in the Mazda and John is not here so that are already two Abarth less.
I was, honest 'guv!!!! Huge congrats to the podium guys, especially the Abarth lads, Jason and Ernie:sneaky:

....been having some big problems with my pc, the stuttering was incredible, hope I didn't 'warp' too much for others. My son is going to investigate why I have 100% cpu usage during the race, this snapshot was taken stationary on the grid (fig in right column was in-game):

cpu in ac.jpg

Last edited:
I was, honest 'guv!!!! Huge congrats to the podium guys, especially the Abarth lads, Jason and Ernie:sneaky:

....been having some big problems with my pc, the stuttering was incredible, hope I didn't 'warp' too much for others. My son is going to investigate why I have 100% cpu usage during the race, this snapshot was taken stationary on the grid (fig in right column was in-game):

View attachment 701705
@RasmusP can you help John?

Well I won’t be repeating that, plain stressful, I much preferred the mid field. A battle with every man and his dog for 60min was just too much.:O_o:

View attachment 701703
Oh, poor chap, you had a successfull race and had to work for it ?

Screenshot 2023-10-13 at 16-57-41 roadrunner cartoon at DuckDuckGo.png

Joke aside, whatever she put in your glass before the race, I want some, too.

I was actually surprised how well the first laps went, I guess I got the distance to Han "Wrecking Ball" Fazzi right :p

Than I was (planfully) annoyed by some cornerparking and motherhugging Shopping Carts who just powered past on the "isn´t straight" after I had painstakingly wrestled them down in the twisty bits.

Around midrace I fell into the usual lull, improving my personal best, gaining on my followers and loosing contact to the guys in front.

Sadly Han couldn´t be bribed to cock up even worse so I couldn´t catch him and his cronies.:cautious:

I need a coach to get out of this no mans land :cry:

Thanks Han for organizing and the other for a "partially not boring" race.

Hank, stupid question, do you have lights and high beams on?
You may have to bind buttons in CSP to switch them on.
If push comes to shove you can adjust exposure somewhere to make it less dark.

My only problem was the braking marker into the first hairpin because I first used the dark tarmac patch....

There is somewhere on CM you can look at all the resources that you have running.
There are settings in CM that will cause this to happen if incorrectly set
There could be background software causing the cpu to run flat out , especially as you are overloading all cores, I would expect AC to only occupy a few cores.
There could be a Rasmus or your lad parked near by, this would be my first port of call.:D:D

Sorry guys, i bailed out early. Been looking forward to this series but could not concentrate last night for reasons i wont bore you with, but i kept screwing up including the start when i had to start with a penalty from the pits and then even forgetting corners as i drove into them at stupid speeds. Final straw was seeing blue flags as i came out the pits so i quit. I also had no Dawn at the start for some unknown reason even though the light was changing before the race. Next time :thumbsup:

Sorry guys, i bailed out early. Been looking forward to this series but could not concentrate last night for reasons i wont bore you with, but i kept screwing up including the start when i had to start with a penalty from the pits and then even forgetting corners as i drove into them at stupid speeds. Final straw was seeing blue flags as i came out the pits so i quit. I also had no Dawn at the start for some unknown reason even though the light was changing before the race. Next time :thumbsup:
It was almost full light at the start for me too, and it became dark only for the last few minutes of the race.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%