It is driving simulation and not all racing is track based. If you don't like this you can always race your little brother to the bathroom where these types of comments really belong.

Read my apology? Thought not! We all make mistakes, Some of us are man enough to own up to it and not spend our time looking for reasons to slag people off like you seem to be doing, Cheers.

Last edited:
Read my apology? Thought not! We all make mistakes, Some of us are man enough to own up to it and not spend our time looking for reasons to slag people off like you seem to be doing, Cheers.
Okay it's cool. I just don't understand where some people think it's only racing if it's done within a sanctioning body on a closed track and with that it's only my intent to increase awareness and urge open mindedness and try to improve overall community relations. Sorry if at times I make a hard point to the matter at hand.

Imagine being such an elitist snob that any title that isn't a bare-bones "sim" stuck in perpetual "early access" being promoted not only doesn't interest you, but actually makes you angry.

"Muh $15 per year is going to articles like THIS?! (Ignoring the dozen other privileges it gives you)"

Great article, Paul. Keep it up.
I just guess Forza Horizon is where some guys draw the line.

It's not really Elitist snobbery on my part mate, As well as AC, ACC, Rfactor2, and Automobilista i've got Wreckfest, And My summer car which i think are great and i have a good laugh playing them, This title just whiffs a bit like a cash grab, Hopefully i will be proved wrong, Cheers.

Ignore all the bitter comments on here Paul. I think this is absolutely relevant because I would still be expectantly waiting for the next Project Cars if I hadn’t seen this. That’s what SMS were supposed to be working on, so this, along with Codemasters buying SMS might mean we never get another Project Cars, or at least muddies the water. That’s useful and informative news to me, so thanks!

Ignore all the bitter comments on here Paul. I think this is absolutely relevant because I would still be expectantly waiting for the next Project Cars if I hadn’t seen this. That’s what SMS were supposed to be working on, so this, along with Codemasters buying SMS might mean we never get another Project Cars, or at least muddies the water. That’s useful and informative news to me, so thanks!
Why should codemasters care that their best selling franchise title is not developed by their core development team as long as their pockets get padded a bit fatter along the way.

(...) demonstrates a lack of developed maturity, and an inability to accept or consider viewpoints that differ from your own. A trait oft demonstrated these days by younger adults (...)

“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.” -- Socrates

SMS are big enough to work on more than one title at once. They worked on World of Speed at the same time as Project Cars and Red Bull Air Race was released between PC1 and PC2. Clearly you missed the news but Ian Bell said they were working on the Fast & Furious title before PC2 was released. This article from 2017.

I'm sure we will get another Project Cars. Because it was only given the go ahead in December 2018 and development time for PC2 was over 2 years I wouldn't expect it before 2021.

Last edited:
Well this was released today. Reviews on steam arent good at all. Considering it was made by SMS i was expecting slightly more. From what other people are saying you cant use keyboard on pc the controls are auto binded to xbox controller and theres no way of changing them. Obviously it was made to be casual but seems they started to create this game and jjust gave up on it after a while.

Also £49.99 for normal version and £74.99 for the full version. Absolute rip off.

Yeah, having watched through a few playthroughs of it, it, uh... hoo boy. It ain't great. Or good. Or... tolerable. I like the new characters! The banter is mostly good, too! I just wish they were in something that looked... fun to play.

It's interesting to me seeing where I was genuinely excited for this at announcement and then just kinda felt my heart sink as we got a single four-minute trailer and then utter silence for months besides a few simple gifs on their Twitter account, and suddenly the game just kinda... falls out. Really feels like they tried to bury this. I might've considered trying it if it weren't a jaw-dropping $90 USD for everything, but... wow.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back