fanatec v2 wheel code

Thought you had yours already!? ...did you jump on the Black Friday deal? I'm going broke fast but to get the BMW rim so cheap - couldn't pass it up!

I missed the deal and when I found out about it on Monday, I was a little disappointed but then I started to think about it and while I wouldn't mind having both of those rims, especially at that price, I really need to wait and see what they're going to do with the XBO compatible rims before I purchase any. I've already got my CSW v2 base and new style GT wheel ordered and hopefully will be here early this month based on their customer service E-mail, but none of those rims are cheap and I really want an XBO compatible rim since they announced compatibility in the near future.

Upvote 0
I initially was going to hold off on wheels too, then I saw the availability dates moving out when I ordered my V2 (beyond the date the V2 was estimated which was already 1/30/2015). So, I went ahead and ordered the GT rim with universal hub - hoping one of the options Thomas was eluding to for Xbone compatibility wheels would be a simple rim and a plug to put into the hub's data port. If not, then I've got two nice GT options (a flat and a BMW rim).

...turns out, the rim and hub came in much earlier. Already have them, but they estimated 1/30/2015.

Upvote 0
Just got an E-mail from Fanatec today that my CSW v2 ship date has been delayed until late December now. The original estimate was Dec 8th. Good thing I'm patient.

Upvote 0
Hi

I have a code to share for the CSW V2. My Region is EU.
The code is one from the black Friday deal, so code is valid until 01 Mars 2015 (extension still possible).
But for those who might be interested, you have to know that the CSW V2 price will rise after December the 14th (end of pre-order deal, or only a lower deal? we don't know yet)

First to send me a email valid on Fanatec webshop in MP first to be serve ;)

Upvote 0
Hi everyone!
I'm expecting my CSW V2 to arrive today (UK) and I have a spare V2 code for EU region to transfer to the first person who asks for it. It's valid until 2nd Jan 2015 but I believe you can extend it when you have the code.
You must be a registered member at the EU Fanatec webshop. Drop me a message containing the email address you used to register with Fanatec and I'll transfer the code to your user profile asap.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi

I have a code to share for the CSW V2. My Region is EU.
The code is one from the black Friday deal, so code is valid until 01 Mars 2015 (extension still possible).
But for those who might be interested, you have to know that the CSW V2 price will rise after December the 14th (end of pre-order deal, or only a lower deal? we don't know yet)

First to send me a email valid on Fanatec webshop in MP first to be serve ;)

This code is already transfered.
But as abowe, I should receive a new one soon, as my CSW V2 is on it's way (should get it tomorrow).
As soon as I have the code, will post here.

Upvote 0
Mine arrived yesterday and I spent almost two hours setting up the universal hub, mounting the wheel and updating the firmware. Got to play Assetto Corsa a bit last night and it felt wonderful. The wheel is extremely smooth and very quiet.

Upvote 0
And now my CSW v2 is broken. It started while hot lapping in iRacing. Everything has been fine until tonight when suddenly I noticed the FFB sort of gave out and even though the wheel would still turn it was extremely notchy and made a sort of grinding noise. I turned the wheel off and it would turn fine left and right, very smooth again, so I powered it back on and it wouldn't even calibrate, the wheel just sat there, so I gave it a slight push with my finger and it went through the calibration very slowly and sounded like it had some resistance. It finished the calibration process but when you turn the wheel left or right, it makes a grinding sound. I took two videos and sent them to Fanatec with a description of the problem. I guess I've got to get in line now for warranty support. It really sucks because I love this wheel but now I'm worried about reliability for the long term. Mine is only 11 days old. My Thrustmaster TX is 9 months old and I've put it through a lot more and its still working fine. Glad I have it as a back-up.

I'll post an update after I hear from Fanatec support.

Upvote 0
Thats a shame,
I have only used my v2 for about 30 mins,
My pc packed in the day before my delivery came :confused:
So i had to order a new mobo and decided to upgrade the graphics card.
So its gt6 on the ps3 until after the holidays.
The base feels a lot stronger and less resistance than v1 but i cant feel much detail with gt6.

Did anyone else notice a weird noise when turning off the base ?

Upvote 0
Thats a shame,
I have only used my v2 for about 30 mins,
My pc packed in the day before my delivery came :confused:
So i had to order a new mobo and decided to upgrade the graphics card.
So its gt6 on the ps3 until after the holidays.
The base feels a lot stronger and less resistance than v1 but i cant feel much detail with gt6.

Did anyone else notice a weird noise when turning off the base ?

No noise on mine when turning it off. In fact, mine worked flawlessly for 11 days. I've already read on the GTP forums of a few people that have sent their v2 back already for repair, I was hopeful mine wasn't going to be one of those cases and those people would be the few exceptions and here I am in the same boat.

Upvote 0
Fanatec support just E-mailed me and said they're going initiate an RMA to send it back for repair or replacement. Hopefully, its a quick turn-around.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies