Fanatec CSW 2 - flashing ring light

So I bought a fanatec csw2 and never used it. I then sold it and during postage it got damaged so I refunded the buyer and got fanatec to service it. They fixed what they said was wrong and sent it back. I make custom rims so I obviously wanted to try them out so bought a podium hub. My first test gave some very weird results. The stem of the CSW unit was not straight. It was like driving 25 degrees off calibrated so as reccomened by this forum I updated drivers and now I can’t use it at all. My pc doesn’t recogniser it and all I get it a solid red flashing ring light on the power button. Fanatec says motor issue but I used it for 1 minute since service?? I don’t want to pay €49 in shipping so does anyone have any ideas?

I just created a ticket with Fanatec for the same issue with my CSW V2.5, when I hear back I will post it here.

Reply from Fanatec:
The reason for the wheelbase not recognising the wheel is indeed a broken pin. On the two pictures showing the QR hub and the back of the wheel, you will see that the pin is stuck in its slot on the wheelbase and that it is missing from the wheel.

In this case, we are left with a couple of options.

1) We can initiate a Service RMA and have your base and wheel called to our workshop. Here we will have it inspected by our technicians and if we can repair it, we will proceed and create a cost estimate for the repair. The repair time costs € 63,- per hour plus shipping and spare parts.

2) We can create a quote for the spare parts needed for the repair and have them sent to you, which will be the cheaper option, in case you wish and feel comfortable to perform the repair by yourself. Regarding the main cable of the base, we have a manual showing not exactly the main cable, but a replacement of the main PCBA which will still help to get some of the steps done properly. Please check them out and if you wish, we can go with this option. The price for the both the main cables will be 35$ for the QR plus the main cable for the steering wheel and 5$ for the wheelbase main cable. Shipping excluded.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes