F1 Failures and Puncture Mod

Misc F1 Failures and Puncture Mod 5.3 with new Experimental Version

andyandy989898 submitted a new resource:

F1 Failures and Puncture Mod - Failure & Punctures

Hi all

This mod changes the settings of how punctures and failures work. Changes listed below

Failures

Missing gear failure can now last for only a few mins or the rest of the race. Before the max time it would last was just a few mins. The min time has also been decreased from original value.

DRS "stuck closed" can now last for only few mins or rest of the race. Before the max time it would last was around 15 mins. The min time has been decreased from original

Punctures

The speed...

Read more about this resource...

go7denboot

1RPM
Is it possible to add the same modification as the gears for the engine. It would be great to have random failure when the engine reach a certain point of wear like IRL

Can be run along side the tyre mod no problem. Yeah you might be able to do that, it looks like you can make the engine run hotter in different modes which might increase wear, need a bit of looking into

Chioutzu

10RPM
It’s seem like every year they miss all this out. You get hammered by the one stops if your in the top 10. You can hit every curb with no damage and you can just keep going on old engine parts.. great work

Drattez

10RPM
hey, after installing this mod, almost all the cars texture's are blurry.

hey, after installing this mod, almost all the cars texture's are blurry.

Strange, the mod only makes changes to the XML. Check your graphic settings.

It would remove any other mods that make changes to the data in the teams folder

Andy684

25RPM
Afaik this wont work for AI. I tinkered around with these values as well and only my car got puntures but not the AI. Or do you have different experiences?

Last edited:
the failures do not work for ai, but they have failures anyway so it levels the playing field there.

The punctures I am not sure, its a difficult one to test.

fifacana

1RPM
Do you know how to increase AI errors without decreasing tyre grips? I want to see more AI induced crashes without relying on increased damage values. thanx.