F1 Car Misc Templates [Modular Mods]

Misc F1 Car Misc Templates [Modular Mods] 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content

ParkYongLee

Modular Mods Creator
ParkYongLee submitted a new resource:

F1 Car Misc Templates [Modular Mods] - provides template erp files for f1 team pkg changes like cam mods or custom swaps

Description:

This (requested) mod is a template for anyone, who wants to create custom pkg edit mods like:
Camera mod or personal carmodel swaps.​

Requirements:

This mod is part of [Modular Mods] and has [Modular Mods - Base Files] as required mod to be existing or installed in the main F1 22 folder.
[URL...​

Read more about this resource...

Is it possible to have 2 teams with the same model on the grid with different liveries? I've given the myteam car the mercedes model but both cars are using the livery.mercedes erp. Any way to get around this?

EDIT---
I changed 2 these 2 lines in the carmodel file from this:
"mat binding.ppv1.2829679144": "stri eaid://f1_2022_vehicle_package/teams/mercedes/idf/mercedes.emb"

"mat binding.ppv1.2829679144": "stri eaid://f1_2022_vehicle_package/teams/mercedes/idf/mercedes.emb?context=default",

To this:
"mat binding.ppv1.2829679144": "stri eaid://f1_2022_vehicle_package/teams/fom_car/idf/fom_car.emb?context=default"

"mat binding.ppv1.2829679144": "stri eaid://f1_2022_vehicle_package/teams/fom_car/idf/fom_car.emb?context=default",

And now the car looks like this:

Last edited:
Well, first of all, I'm not here for giving people instructions for advanced modding.
But: If you change the emb and not idf, it means the textures/materials will be changed, not the carmodel.

So, if you want to use Mercedes chassis in MyTeam with unique textures, you'd need to wait for F1 Teams for MyTeam mod to be created.
If you want to use MyTeam chassis for Mercedes with unique textures, you could wait for MyTeam for All Teams mod to be created, or use idf & emb of fom_car for mercedes and(!) maybe change the context=default to a livery you want (like context=livery_fom_01) or only load the idf and use the mercedes as material base which then would mean you import all needed chassisbased textures into the mercedes.erp.

• Deleted member 1946917

Hi, i tried doing an engine change with ferrari and the change didnt apply, don't think i did anything wrong, same methods as last year with changing line in audio f1 car, put the ERP in active, went into a GP and it's not the different engine sound.

Can you have a look when you have time please?

Hi, i tried doing an engine change with ferrari and the change didnt apply, don't think i did anything wrong, same methods as last year with changing line in audio f1 car, put the ERP in active, went into a GP and it's not the different engine sound.

Can you have a look when you have time please?
Maybe you should tell me what exactly you changed, so I can see if you made a mistake or if it is a specific team. Also did you use equal performance (not that it should make a difference, but you never know).
Also, did you only change the bundle or also the switch?
Quick test with Alpine using Mercedes bundle+switch works for me.

• Deleted member 1946917

Maybe you should tell me what exactly you changed, so I can see if you made a mistake or if it is a specific team. Also did you use equal performance (not that it should make a difference, but you never know).
Also, did you only change the bundle or also the switch?
Quick test with Alpine using Mercedes bundle+switch works for me.
Okay, I did ferrari, i added a a sound to replace the ferrari tributo sound and then to use on the ferrari f1 car, the lines match up, only changed audio f1 car line, but it worked in normal bc i tried the same pkg file in the non mod mods version of ferrari's ERP and it worked

only when using the mod mods ERP it didnt seem to work.

Line name was " stri v8_tb_ferrari_488_gr19_alt.bdl " i replaced ferrari_2022 in that line

Last edited by a moderator:
Using v8_tb_ferrari_488_gr19_alt for ferrari_2022 works for me.
Are you sure you have still the base files installed and are not on Origin where EA replaces even that with every patch?

• Deleted member 1946917

Are you sure you have still the base files installed and are not on Origin where EA replaces even that with every patch?
I do have base installed yeah bc i've got other things in active too that work, i'm on steam, i'll try again though and see if it works.

Sorry for the hassle

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 1946917

Ah, yes, it's my mistake. I had the wrong version of base files installed that didnt support the Misc, thought i had it but must have used a different version, my apologies!

Does this allow me to change the chassis of Mercedes for example with the MyTeam one and then put a custom myteam livery on it? There's so many cool ones for MyTeam but I want to change the teams I race against. Thanks!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1946917

Does this allow me to change the chassis of Mercedes for example with the MyTeam one and then put a custom myteam livery on it? There's so many cool ones for MyTeam but I want to change the teams I race against. Thanks!
best advice is to wait for the myteam as f1 team and f1 team for myteam mods

its work in progress

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes