RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

wow what a race. I came in just as warmup started cause I kind of fell asleep so I did not qualify but somehow started 7/10.

R1. This races started out well I got a huge jump than everyone else and I found myself in 3rd in turn 1 after a few laps and some very close racing claud got a little to confident and tried to brake a little later sending both of us into the grass. Its all good claud at least there was no damage to the both of us and we made it back on the track safely. We both managed to catch up with the track and after that I had no idea where everyone is. The whole race was BMW so I don't know who was where. Anyways I caught to the pack and started to captialize on everyone else mistakes. I was able to hold 4th for the finish.

R2. This race was a little different half of the people got a good jump the other half forgot to hit the gas lol. T1 was a wreck people got hit and sideswiped everywhere but no one got serious damage until later in the race. I found myself in 6th a few laps into catching nelson cause he made a couple of mistakes but he was too much and maintain the 5th position. on lap 6 or 7 I was still with nelson until I overdrove the last turn and messed the car up. I pit and yves was right behind me when I got out of the pits. I had to let yves pass and after that I just followed him the rest of the race. But all of a sudden yves loses control after T1 and that gave brenden P1 and he held on to win the race. I managed P8. So it was a great races with everyone and congrats to brenden and congrats and happy bday to yves.

R1. started in third and in the first corner I think Tyler got muscled out and I was promoted to 2nd position behind Yves. Down the back straight both me and Yves messed up the corner entry but I messed up less and was able to pass Yves. Then at the next corner I noticed I was still on 15L of fuel so I pushed all the way in an effort to get a large gap going. I had about an 8 second gap from Yves who it seems had fought from the back after his costly mistake and he was gaining on me even though I had less fuel. It wasn't a large enough gap that I would retake my position after pitting for fuel so I consolidated for 8th position behind Eric Estes, but I was able to catch him by the end of the race and got 7th.

R2. started in 2nd and quickly gained 1st position which I maintained for 8 laps even when Yves caught up to me from starting at the back. Yves was able to narrow the gap under braking and would have to slow way down in order to not rear end me (or at least that's what it seemed like to me). Since I wasn't using auto clutch and instead was heel toeing which handicapped my braking performance this seems to make sense. Anyway on lap 8 he was finally able to get past me in a very well executed exploitation of a mistake I made which caused me to go wide. He opened up the gap to 3 seconds in the next two laps and was surely going to win I had thought until he overdrove the car in turn 3 and was able to pass him again. He reentered the track with about a 5 second gap to me so I knew I only had to drive the car smoothly to the finish to win.

all I experienced was very clean and close racing which was very fun since I was able to compete as a purist using the clutch and shifter. I used to practice with the E30 for hours all the time so i thought I would handicap myself in order to make the racing closer. :wink:

R1. started in third and in the first corner I think Tyler got muscled out and I was promoted to 2nd position behind Yves. Down the back straight both me and Yves messed up the corner entry but I messed up less and was able to pass Yves. Then at the next corner I noticed I was still on 15L of fuel so I pushed all the way in an effort to get a large gap going. I had about an 8 second gap from Yves who it seems had fought from the back after his costly mistake and he was gaining on me even though I had less fuel. It wasn't a large enough gap that I would retake my position after pitting for fuel so I consolidated for 8th position behind Eric Estes, but I was able to catch him by the end of the race and got 7th.

R2. started in 2nd and quickly gained 1st position which I maintained for 8 laps even when Yves caught up to me from starting at the back. Yves was able to narrow the gap under braking and would have to slow way down in order to not rear end me (or at least that's what it seemed like to me). Since I wasn't using auto clutch and instead was heel toeing which handicapped my braking performance this seems to make sense. Anyway on lap 8 he was finally able to get past me in a very well executed exploitation of a mistake I made which caused me to go wide. He opened up the gap to 3 seconds in the next two laps and was surely going to win I had thought until he overdrove the car in turn 3 and was able to pass him again. He reentered the track with about a 5 second gap to me so I knew I only had to drive the car smoothly to the finish to win.

all I experienced was very clean and close racing which was very fun since I was able to compete as a purist using the clutch and shifter. I used to practice with the E30 for hours all the time so i thought I would handicap myself in order to make the racing closer. :wink:

Loved reading your recap on the event and that your racing experience was so fulfilling. The club racing group is absolutely A+ here and its good to read from a relatively new guy on the scene his recap. I really hope you will join us for more ARC events in the future, because it gets better with each event.

Yves again i am really sorry I couldnt race with you tonite, I had been looking forward to this all week....my GF decided to invite a few of her friends over with no warning and literally blindsided me tonite.

Hope everyone had a good race, see you all tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back