F1 22 Modding Questions Thread

I have the same issue. Could you share the resolution please?
Okay, sorry for not explaining sooner, I was very tired.
The problem you can walk into is using an older version of Ego ERP Archiver (even if you have the newer version, your file gets opened in the older one). Else, make sure you did everything okay in common_fom.erp. I probably made a human error there. It includes, for example, the .xml that you might think would/should be in \fom_car\wep\fom_car.erp. If you don't change that correctly, the game crashes.

Edit: My game just crashed again today when heading into MyTeam. Now it works fine though.

Last edited:
Okay, sorry for not explaining sooner, I was very tired.
The problem you can walk into is using an older version of Ego ERP Archiver (even if you have the newer version, your file gets opened in the older one). Else, make sure you did everything okay in common_fom.erp. I probably made a human error there. It includes, for example, the .xml that you might think would/should be in \fom_car\wep\fom_car.erp. If you don't change that correctly, the game crashes.
Thank you, Sorted that bit out but game still crashes when I load up.
Copy /paste works fine, its just when i try to put my own as default livery it crashes.

Thank you, Sorted that bit out but game still crashes when I load up.
Copy /paste works fine, its just when i try to put my own as default livery it crashes.
Make sure you're using the latest EEA version 9.0.0. With that, you also need to recreate the livery mod you're editing from the base files. If you just open a file that you've already saved with a previous version of EEA, it won't work. It has to be a fresh one.

Is there a way to swap a car's chassis like it was in 2021 game? For example, I want Haas to have a custom livery that is on the FOM car, but of course, the team's car is not FOM.
It's still possible by editing the haas.assetgroups file like last year. I'll be making a user-friendly version for Modular Mods again this year, though.

Last edited:
Make sure you're using the latest EEA version 9.0.0. With that, you also need to recreate the livery mod you're editing from the base files. If you just open a file that you've already saved with a previous version of EEA, it won't work. It has to be a fresh one.

It's still possible by editing the haas.assetgroups file like last year. I'll be making a user-friendly version for Modular Mods again this year, though.
Thank you :) Recreated it from the f1 22 base file and now all ok.
Appreciate your help.

Exactly, I forgot to mention that! Still weird I had that first crash today. Everything still working fine for now though.

Thanks mate. Found it in the end in common_fom.erp. Problem I am having now is photoshop is painfully slow on my rig. Its a fairly decent rig so unsure why it would be this slow. i7 12700k, rx6800xt, 32 gb ram
You can activate more RAM / working storage in the Photoshop settings. This solved the problem for me.

Hello, I keep encountering this error when trying to import helmet textures. I'm using the latest Ego ERP and uninstalled the old version. I've reset my game directory to the correct file. Still can't get it to work. Not sure how to fix this issue.

Screenshot 2022-07-03 185226.png

Thanks!

Maybe anyone got a solution for this.

When i`m importing a modded ferrari_decal_da everything is messed up.

Filetype: DDS (Intel Texture Works)
Format: DXT5_SRGB, BC3_SRGB (like the original file)
EEA Version: 9.0

Alpha-Channel is updated.

Importing the paint_c and paint_d files works fine. Everything ist correct in game.
In F1 2019 i got the same problem... but i don't remember the solution :unsure:

After the decal_da is modded:
f122_ferrari_marlboro_Decal_Error.JPG

Before the decal_da is modded:
F1_22_Ferrari_Marlboro_V1.0_001.JPG

(Marlboro Sponsor on the Hood is edited in the paint_c and paint_d file)

Last edited:
Maybe anyone got a solution for this.

When i`m importing the ferrari_decal_da i got this Problem (pic).

Filetype: DDS (Intel Texture Works)
Format: DXT5_SRGB, BC3_SRGB (like the original file)
EEA Version: 9.0

Importing the paint_c and paint_d files works fine. Everything ist correct in game.
In F1 2019 i got the same problem... but i don't remember the solution :unsure:

View attachment 579044
What's the problem?

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 221 88.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 45 17.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 35 13.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 37 14.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 68 27.1%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 85 33.9%