Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

Today i received a newsletter from Race Department about introducing Racing Club 2.0, i read through this and in the first paragraph i read a very interesting statement.

"As you may know there was recently a change to how the club races for rFactor and RACE Series at RD were posted and run.
The change was made in an attempt to provide more racing across the board but in reality this has not shown to be the case.
With this in mind and reading all the feedback from our members we are happy to announce that with immediate effect, we will be returning to a system of individual events scheduled on their own merit and their own race formats, with each of the timezones able to run the events of it's own members preference instead of using the same event across all timezones.
Event registrations will now be handled via our brand new automated sign up tool."

After reading this i was wondering if this could mean the F1 Racing Club too? It is pretty clear that since the threads for the clubs championships were closed, there has been very little activity for Xbox racers, i explained before how it is too much hassle just to set up one race in each thread.

I recently ran through the RD rules with James Chant, there were a number of rules in RD which went against my format of the F1 Reality Championship, the changes would have been very detrimental to it as we are only have 5-6 races left.

Also Jack Evans i know had his own league going, which was approved by RD, but it was closed down as well, i believe he was running under RD rules, whereas i was not, this was stated on my thread from the beginning and every driver who joins my championship is aware of this.

I would be really happy if RD could consider allowing what i describe as, and what is posted above as "Individual events scheduled on their own merit and their own race formats" which include their own rules, their own way of moderation and of course follow a very basic guideline given by RD which could be used in any "Casual" league/championship, an example of this could be.

1) Be respectful and follow the rules that is stated by the OP at the beginning of their thread, any complaints/inquiries should be directed towards them, if the OP is clearly making unfair rules/decisions in their league/championship contact a Staff member

2) The OP should send a copy of their rules to a Staff member so they can be reviewed, if there is clearly any rules which would be detrimental to the fairness of the races, then the rule(s) will need to be changed

The list could carry on, but it should be a basic guideline specific to Formula 1 racing, personally i would definitely add that every single player is using the pit lane exit for example (the game does not penalize drivers for this, although it is very clearly a strong rule in F1) and some other small rules which would make the races fair and balanced to all drivers.

I posted this here to see what other players may think on this subject and to get feedback, if James Chant wishes to discuss this in detail with me and other drivers, we can discuss it in PM's if he wishes, all i am looking for is to make this F1 Racing Club more suitable to all racers, not just the Xbox races, i am also definitely not against RD making their own championships/leagues which are ran under their rules, i am glad to see that they wish to bring their own races in Autumn.

Kyle Dunning - neild1963

I think the setup is my secret.
The race with Scott, I used the same setup as in Montreal.
Or I was just 2 times lucky

And with the apex racing league i used a different setup.
This race was also in Montreal
And i had no flying start

it just amazes me, he done this to us in Valencia, i 2nd i think and he was at the back somewhere, he just flew past all of us, the thing that get's me is your not even revving the engine at all, soon as the lights go out you are gone zooming past.

what is your secret?

devilsixpence like's to slow down and take alook at the pit girls! i don't blame you :p

Hey you can tell the eXhaust fumes boys there is no truth in the paddock rumours that I was seen heading into my hotel suite with 5 grid girls back in Melbourne.

He also has his drinks bottle filled with vodka and pink lemonade :D

Thats my go-go-juice. That red bull stuff tastes like p*sh.

New video is coming all resized, thx Kaos for finding it on Sony Vegas I spent ages looking for it before hand but never saw that even though I clicked on the videos so many times.

James I downloaded and installed that program but my comp didnt like it and wasnt resizing properly but thx for trying.

Hey really sorry, but i got my days mixed up!! I thought the 15th was Thursday! So i'm actually busy :( so im going to have to drop out of this one

ok jonathan, np. you're in now james, with the sauber.

one more very important thing guys: unfortunately i have an unexpected committment straight after the race so to avoid any issues there i'm going to have to make the race 50% instead of 75% (if there's trouble at the start with drop outs/connections lost and e'thing delayed etc, 75% would have left me stranded). i understand if some of you wanted a longer race and now want to pull out?? hope not! this should still be a cracker!! and good training for the league.

ok jonathan, np. you're in now james, with the sauber.

one more very important thing guys: unfortunately i have an unexpected committment straight after the race so to avoid any issues there i'm going to have to make the race 50% instead of 75% (if there's trouble at the start with drop outs/connections lost and e'thing delayed etc, 75% would have left me stranded). i understand if some of you wanted a longer race and now want to pull out?? hope not! this should still be a cracker!! and good training for the league.

Bill if I make it to this race ( something has come up ) and if you want I could host and keep it at 75% .....just a thought.

Can I get a show of interest in an Australian/Asian timezone based championship? I'm keen to get something started that works within a good timezone for us.

If I can pull together 5-10 players interested, we'll work out the details and get into it.

Cheers!

Sam

Hey you can tell the eXhaust fumes boys there is no truth in the paddock rumours that I was seen heading into my hotel suite with 5 grid girls back in Melbourne. Thats my go-go-juice. That red bull stuff tastes like p*sh.
Been to all my local bottle shops and can't find this "go go juice"...pls send me 4 cartons by express post :)

P.S. is that the one with the motto: "Gives you downforce"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back