Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

Race Report:
Qualifying - P13
Wasn't sure what tyre to go with but ended up doing just 2 runs on softs. First lap wasn't great and other was invalid.

Race - P10
Started on mediums, and first 2 stints were ok nothing special but went with softs for the 3rd stint when I should've gone mediums and pace was poor for those last 2 stints and only got P10 on penalties.

Congrats to Paris on the win and well done to Dawid and Jamie on the podium

Q: P7

Awful lap, a second away from my "PB". Did **** all practice, which is why I went for the mediums given that it seemed the obvious choice.

R: P2

It was absolutely the wrong choice. Turned out the mediums never die and what I thought would be a difficult soft - hard turned into an easy soft - medium. I was planning to do medium - hard but this revelation became quite obvious mid race when I had lost no pace and had hardly any wear, so switched to medium - soft.

I lost a place to martin at the start. Annoying but not the end of the world. Knew I'd probably be quicker than both him and toni, and when they started with some questionable battling I just bided my time and waited for the inevitable. An incident got me passed Toni, and good ERS usage got me ahead of Martin a lap later. This put me a net P4.

Dawid went for hards rather than soft so got a fairly big undercut. Me and Jamie pit a lap earlier than Cam, and I managed to gain nearly 3 seconds to nearly pass cam in that time. Pace on the softs at the start of the stint was ridiculous, but disappeared so so quickly. Cam was an easy position in the end on penalties, and a battle at the end of the race with dawid came down to cunning. I held him off on lap 26 - probably to my own detriment. But lap 27 I knew I had no chance so took some unusual lines through sector 1 which got him the warning he needed for a penalty. When he passed it was irrelevant xD

Enjoyable race at a shite track. No shock but well done to connor, untouchable.

Hopefully can use this to stop the rot xD

Q: P3 (M)

Lap felt quite good considering the slower compound, after an hour of TT before I don’t think one lap pace would be an issue.

R: P4

Got Harry off the start but soon realised he’d be a little quicker, pushing too hard to keep in touch with BigC realising his strat is so much better meant I got 12 seconds of pens in 9 laps! Yummy, I then let Dawid though and just followed and sat behind while regaining composure and not cutting like an idiot.
Dawid went in L13, Ben I think 18 who got a mega undercut and I come out mms infront and was able to pull away then soon dispatching from Dawid.

Could never catch Connor since his strat was so good, gg to Dawid and Ben for good racing! A shame for myself in P4 as I felt the pace was better than the result but that’s what happens when you cut. Only austria

Q: 1st

Happy with my lap. Struggled with S1 consistently but with a depleted grid and Harry being the only other one on softs - Pole was fairly certain but it was my best lap of the day so was happy.

Q: 1st

Opted for S-M as the mediums last basically as long as hards but are faster. Built a gap over Dawid/Cam to 2.8s and decided to pit. Must have been a second a lap faster at least and reduced the gap to Cam when he pit to under 5s so the win was in the bag then.

Pace was very strong and think regardless of the strategy I’d have won. A big result considering Alex and Paris are absent; and that I am poor around Austria usually.

Not much action generally but France is a fun track to drive, very flowing.

Gg to @DemoN F1 on a fine experienced drive and @Dawidos who continues to show consistency and maturity - which I didn’t think was possible for him based on previous games

Quali wasn't great, messed up on hards and on mediums and abandoned the run on mediums. Didn't use softs as didn't want to deal with tyre temps.
Did absolutely nothing for most of the race but managed to fluke a P5.

Congrats to Connor on the win and well done to Ben and Dawid on the podium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play