Misc F1 2020 Career Helmet 3D Model for Photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your 2019 works fine, any real update on this template, i mean something wrong goes with 2019 i didnt notice and corrected on this one ?

There is a slight change on the texture map on the visor attachment which is wider than f1 2019, and also instruction on how to install the helmet texture which is different from the f1 2019 download page.

is it normal, that when you want to edit the helmet texture, it is stretched? i mean if i put some logos or texts or anything on the texture, if i look on the 3D model, all the logos etc are stretched out horizontaly. So i have to make everything very thin on the texture so it looks ok on the model (and in the game). It makes working with texts etc quite difficult. It looks like the helmet texture size is not right and should be wider so it matches with the 3d model. But i am not sure.

is it normal, that when you want to edit the helmet texture, it is stretched? i mean if i put some logos or texts or anything on the texture, if i look on the 3D model, all the logos etc are stretched out horizontaly. So i have to make everything very thin on the texture so it looks ok on the model (and in the game). It makes working with texts etc quite difficult. It looks like the helmet texture size is not right and should be wider so it matches with the 3d model. But i am not sure.

If you are using the 2d texture to edit, its normal. I dont use the 2d texture in applying design and logos. I place them directly on the 3d model and only use the 2d texture for correction or smoothing out lines. The shape of the helmet is sphere and not flat like the 2d texture. The logo follows the shape of the helmet not the flat texture. If you peeled the design on the 3d helmet and put it on a square canvas to cover the cut edge you need to strech or squeeze them in. Check the logos shape and placement on kmags helmet.
kevin_magnussen_helmet_d..jpg

wow i didn't even know you can work directly with the 3D model :D I thought you need to always open the textures and work with them and the model is just to see how it looks so you have direct "live" feedback. Thanks, i will try to work directly with the model instead.

So i've tried to somehow edit directly the 3D model and i had no success. Could you please tell me how to put something directly on the 3D model? i tried but no matter what i do, all the texts, logos etc, they will just "float in the air" and are flat and not "stick" to the helmet.
I can edit the helmet only if i double click on the helmet paint texture in the model and it opens in a new tab, then if i edit the 2d texture it will show on the 3d model. But i cannot do it directly on the 3d model. thanks

So i've tried to somehow edit directly the 3D model and i had no success. Could you please tell me how to put something directly on the 3D model? i tried but no matter what i do, all the texts, logos etc, they will just "float in the air" and are flat and not "stick" to the helmet.
I can edit the helmet only if i double click on the helmet paint texture in the model and it opens in a new tab, then if i edit the 2d texture it will show on the 3d model. But i cannot do it directly on the 3d model. thanks
Codemasters helmet mapping is awful, specially for beginners
just past the logo on a new layer in the 3d model view, resize and move it until it looks ok, then create a new layer in the 2d texture, on 3d view merge the logo layer down to the 3d model (CTRL+E)

Codemasters helmet mapping is awful, specially for beginners
just past the logo on a new layer in the 3d model view, resize and move it until it looks ok, then create a new layer in the 2d texture, on 3d view merge the logo layer down to the 3d model (CTRL+E)

Wow this merg down tip is amazing thanks so much it worked perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back