F1 2019 F1 2019: Build 1.05 Performance Update Details Revealed

F1 2019 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2019 Update 1.05 Released.jpg

Codemasters have shared fresh details about the upcoming build 1.05 update coming to F1 2019 soon.

With the real world series continuing to progress to the almost inevitable conclusion of another Lewis Hamilton World Championship, Codemasters are remaining hard at work developing and improving their officially licenced Formula One game, with a new build already under testing and scheduled to drop sometime within the next couple of weeks.

Codemasters F1 2019 V1.05 preview notes:

In this patch the performance order of the teams has been rebalanced to better replicate the F1 Season and how it has evolved since preseason testing. This update affects both the car handling of your car and the performance of the AI cars. Individual team handling traits have been tailored to be more representative of their real-life counterparts, with updated aerodynamics achieving a performance improvement of between 1 – 1.5 seconds per lap, mainly in higher cornering speed, and vehicle performance has been updated to give a more accurate assessment of each car’s strengths and weaknesses. The other update that you’ve been asking us a lot about is F2 in multiplayer, this will be available in Unranked Multiplayer and LAN game in patch 1.05.

In addition to the above, there are numerous other fixes which we are looking to incorporate into this patch.
  • AI performance has been improved in wet weather for both F1 and F2 vehicle classes
  • Improvements to AI blocking behaviour
  • In photo mode changing shutter speed will no longer make the screen go black
  • Fanatec wheels will no longer send strong force feedback turning the wheel to the right on race starts
  • Rain / ERS charging lights now work on PS4 Pro
  • First Ten Down (Complete 10 races online) achievement will now unlock correctly
  • Stopped graphical glitches occurring and getting more frequent during long play sessions

Our desire is to get patch 1.05 out to you as soon as possible. It is currently being tested across all platforms, and we anticipate it being available for you guys in the next 1-2 weeks. Keep your eye out for further updates once we have more concrete dates for this!

Post patch 1.05, we are working through a number of updates which are a little further off, but these should all be made available over the next couple of months:
  1. Paul Ricard Pit Lane Update – July/August
  2. Visual Car Updates – August. You will be delighted to hear that we will be adding the Ferrari 90 Anniversary logo onto the engine cover as part of this update!
  3. F2 2019 Season – September
These updates are in addition to other more general bug fixes and improvements which will continue to drop, with specific details of those fixes in the various patch notes.

F1 2019 is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

For the latest F1 2019 news, head over to the F1 2019 sub forum here at RaceDepartment - a great place to chat about the game, engage with your fellow F1 fans and even browse our growing F1 2019 modding forum.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Yeah they didn't :D i also added the engine department screenshot to that post too, take a look, Honda is now on par with renault but it seems they got ferrari engine wrong and still mercedes is the best by a funny distance, at worst case scenario the engines should be the same or with a very short distance...
the order of AERO should be like this between mercedes and ferrari not for the engine,
so now we have a weak engine for ferrari vs mercedes + more superior aero for ferrari vs mercedes, exactly like this season :roflmao::cautious:

I have a 1080Ti too, it seems there is a pattern here :D

So they have just about everything wrong, not bad that. As for engines wow how wrong could they be?

BTW My 1080Ti doesn't crash since I updated to the latest drivers.

The cars feel much better, it takes some re adjusting but when you hook it up they are on rails.

1.2 seconds faster at my test track of Singapore in only a few laps :thumbsup:

Yeah the cars definitely feels better, specially McLaren, the car feels lighter and my tyre wear is more balanced

Lap 5 to lap 10 are my race simulation stint in china on mediums:
F1_2019_dx12_2019_07_16_23_45_42_535.jpg
i gained at least 0.3 second per lap in my race pace laps at china by this update. unfortunately i don't remember my fastest lap on soft to compare with my fastest after the update.

Continued my career mode (Alfa Romeo) race at Baku on lap 31, was about 8 seconds behind both Williams' who were in P11 and P12 last night.

After the update tonight, I resumed the race, and within 7 laps I was past both of them, passing them like I was lapping them.

In case you were wondering whether the performance updates take effect mid-race as well. :p

For those engine stats, it doesn't mean that they got it much wrong. Those are overall which include power+battery+economy. So they probably have some calculation that bumps up economy part (which is by far on Merc's side), and then the result is like this. As for aero, I can't comment, have no idea about that. :(

After this update, my game often gets stuck on the loading screen when leaving a session.. and it appears it's random and not related to, for example, any mods.. is it just me or is anyone else experiencing this?..

For those engine stats, it doesn't mean that they got it much wrong. Those are overall which include power+battery+economy. So they probably have some calculation that bumps up economy part (which is by far on Merc's side), and then the result is like this. As for aero, I can't comment, have no idea about that. :(
Aero is a combo of amounts of downforce AND drag.
So the graph is good, Ferrari have very clean downforce that give very little drag, but they also have less downforce than Mercedes and Red Bull but the combo of downforce and drag still wins in the graph. I’ve looked at the data values.
I have no issue with Ferrari PU being lower and Mercedes, because their straight line speed is made up with less drag so I think it’s pretty accurate.

A not totally unrealistic Q2 at Australia for my first career race at 100% A.I. Really enjoyed the track evolution throughout the session and nailed it on my last lap being the last car to finish.

Decided not to do the F2 career part to keep the F1 drivers in.
KODKwjq.jpg

After this update, my game often gets stuck on the loading screen when leaving a session.. and it appears it's random and not related to, for example, any mods.. is it just me or is anyone else experiencing this?..
After the update I can not play DX 12 anymore.
Game starts and then for no reason.
DX 11 is normal.
I3 3240
8G Ram
AMD RADEOM RX 560 4G.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes