F1 2018 F1 2018: Small but Crucial Multiplayer Updates Released

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
1.08.jpg
Codemasters have been steadily releasing small but important updates to their flagship title over the last few days. With the title now at version 1.08, several critical issues that have been plaguing the Multiplayer experience are now being addressed, with more to come in future.

Fixing issues such as cars spawning on top of each other during the gridding-up process, player name fixes, online leaderboards including both classic and modern F1 results and improvements to the newly implemented Safety Rating system.

1.08 - 141MB
  • Usernames should no longer be missing in Multiplayer lobbies and races. Please note that the issue on PC where player names are shown as Unknown is a different issue
  • Fixed an instance where players could be stuck waiting for players in a multiplayer game following a host migration
  • Fixed an issue where players were unable to join a ranked session
  • Fixed an issue where cars would spawn on top of each other in multiplayer races

1.07 - 294MB
  • Fixed an issue where players leaving and rejoining in a large player session causes frame rate drops
  • Fixed where it was possible to set fastest lap in Time Trial by driving a shorter route off circuit and not returning to the track
  • Modern car lap times should not longer upload to Classic era leaderboards
  • Fixed a crash for some users loading into a career race session
  • Fixed a framerate drop on France when players drive off track
  • Players with an 'S' Safety Rating should no longer be put into lobbies with 'D' rank players
  • Fixed an issue where there was no engine audio when beginning MP race from Car setup screen
  • Engine audio should no longer get stuck in 1st gear when exiting pits
  • Various updates to the UDP telemetry output
  • Various stability and performance fixes
  • Various other bug fixes

Check out the Formula One 2018 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and community discussion around this exciting new Formula One game. If mods are your thing then fear not, we have you covered! Check out the F1 2018 Mods Forum for the latest and greatest release from the community!

Like what you see at RaceDepartment? Follow us on social media!

Will you be hitting the online lobbies now that several critical issues have been fixed? How have your experiences gone with multiplayer gameplay so far? Let us know in the comments!

I am more interested in the singleplayer side, but nothing about that in these updates makes me upset. Could they fix the weird car physics when entering/leaving pits? Or the super aggressive A.I ? :D
+1 on both. So guess it's a +2. :D
That "jerky" behavior when entering/leaving pits is almost like their trademark.
Sadly... it kills immersion. Just wish that they too realise that.
I know it ain't like priority but c'mon... it's been like ...how much ? 8, 9 years already ?
More aggressive AI than before is nice adition but sometimes I just wish get out of the car and slap them in their face. Like Piquet in Hockenheim. :D
Another thing that (still) bothers me is, year after year, inability to set weather as you want. I mean, really... dry or wet ?!? And if you really want some drying track then just play like 122 long races, set weather to "dynamic" and just do your best rain dance impression.
For god sake even Milestone do it, and do it pretty well, I actually enjoy the most in "wet track" weather option. Not to mention how well everyone's first choice, highly acclaimed, all time favorite:) Project Cars 2 has done it.
Just learn from the best, Codemasters ! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Bought it, tried it, got my refund.

Afraid this is not the game or series for me. Last one I bought was F1 '13 and thought this would attract me back but with so many other titles battling for my time just did not get the wow factor needed.

Actually had the most fun in Nigel's Williams.

Hi Codemaster,

Many thx for solving some issues, but i have a request. Please can you fix force cockpit view, so drivers force to drive in cockpit view, this would be awesome and a must for pro drivers. Also the ranked system fix would be great so we can drive with peope with same ranking, so the crashverstappens drivers can drive with them own idiots friends on the net.

Hi Codemaster,

Many thx for solving some issues, but i have a request. Please can you fix force cockpit view, so drivers force to drive in cockpit view, this would be awesome and a must for pro drivers. Also the ranked system fix would be great so we can drive with peope with same ranking, so the crashverstappens drivers can drive with them own idiots friends on the net.

I have to politely push back on the "force cockpit view". At the risk of sounding like one of those annoying VR snobs, I am coming up on my 1 yr VR anniversary and have a good number of laps under my belt in VR at this point. Why do I bring VR into the conversation? Well, when I go back to a sim without VR support, I find TV pod to be the most realistic in terms of replicating the sensation of speed, situational awareness, field of vision, and depth that I get from driving in VR.

When I go to a non-VR sim and try cockpit view in an open wheel car, I can't hardly stand it - I feel like I'm trying to drive sitting in a hole. If you've ever sat in an open wheeler, you'll know that isn't the sensation/impression you get in real life. The first time I drove an open wheeler in VR, it was like "whoah...I can see exactly where I'm placing my tires!" Which was a sensation I had never had pre VR, even with triple monitors.

In conclusion, don't take away my TV pod view, please. Some of us VR snobs need it to be able to drive open wheelers in non-VR sims! :D

Another thing that (still) bothers me is, year after year, inability to set weather as you want. I mean, really... dry or wet ?!? And if you really want some drying track then just play like 122 long races, set weather to "dynamic" and just do your best rain dance impression.

Im not to good at english so maybe i didn't understand you at all, but you can make custom weather , no need to put the dynamic weather, is not to good custom system but better than dynamic.

65D1648CD249F433315EE5208EE09EAEB403CE67

9f64b66811b3876617ad008e9dfb017c

Ok, then you maybe can explain to me why I don't have that option in my game !? :notworthy:
Untitled.jpg

Clicking on it, I can only change that weather, not add another.
Trying to move with arrows wheel pad left/right doesn't do any good too. :notworthy:
Btw, I Googled "Carrera" it means "Career", right ?
Not sure about that but I really want to have drying track in ordinary quick race mode !
Is that possible ?

Carrera means race and career, the photo is in a quick race.
I do not use it but when I have looked to see how it works it seems that it depends on the length of the race.
3 or 5 laps - 1 space.
25% race - 2 spaces.
50% race - 3 spaces.
100% race - 4 spaces.

1 space 1 weather.

Carrera means race and career, the photo is in a quick race.
I do not use it but when I have looked to see how it works it seems that it depends on the length of the race.
3 or 5 laps - 1 space.
25% race - 2 spaces.
50% race - 3 spaces.
100% race - 4 spaces.

1 space 1 weather.
Oh ok now I get it. I have to say, with a shame shadow over my face:D that I've always used really short quick races (3-5 laps) so I have never actually saw that you can set different weather systems manually.
And in career you can't change it (right?) and I use shortest races there too (25%).
Thank you Hoeek. ;)
Shame they limit us with this, unlike guys in Project Cars where you can set as many weather changes as you want, regardless of length of the race ! That's the way to go imho, why not using that beautiful drying track eye candies when it's already there ?!? =P

Patch 1.09 - OUT NOW
24 September -

Patch 1.09 is now available for Steam, and you can find the patch notes here:
  • Times set on this version should no longer overwrite faster times already uploaded to the Leaderboard. Please note that if you’ve already uploaded a slower time to a Leaderboard, we are unable to revert it to your previous faster time.
  • Vehicle Damage should no longer show as Test in a Multiplayer Lobby.
  • Players on Steam should no longer have names shown as Unknown when joining a Lobby in progress.
  • Fixed cars stuttering in Replays.
We are continuing to track down and fix more bugs and we’ll have more information about any further patches soon.

"Fixed cars stuttering in Replays"
Finally. :)

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 104 18.8%
  • €151-500

Votes: 145 26.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 89 16.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 47 8.5%
  • €1501-3000