F1 2017 F1 2017 - Debug Mode

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)

Mantas Jokubauskas

Casual Gamepad Enjoyer
So we all know F1 2015 to F1 2017 doesn't have the "Debug Menu" which we had in the previous games where we could mess with stuff a bit, HOWEVER. It is now possible to access the Debug Console for the game! (Even though it's a bit limited)
This is a leak thanks to Codemasters themselves, because they didn't notice for this free weekend (March 23rd-March 25th) they added access to the Debug depot of the game...
3LJRUa5.png

h1FlMHx.png
And basically people noticed and got a copy of the files of the Debug depot... Myself included.

**REMOVED BY REQUEST FROM CODEMASTERS**

Installing:
Just drop the files in the main game directory, then for DebugOpts version launch the executable with _do in name (so F1_2017_do.exe). If it gives an error, just choose to ignore it. Then the game should launch.
To access console: just press `/~ (Tilde, on US keyboard just above Tab button). Then the console will open and you can type commands. To find out the commands I recommend entering a letter and just pressing Tab to autocomplete. Some commands work in specific gamemodes, some might crash the game.

My only recommendation: Do NOT go online. If you do go, you're on your own.

Happy exploring, maybe this will help someway?

EDIT: Link updated.

EDIT 2: Link removed as requested by Codemasters.

Last edited:
Any news on the console? :D Also how do I open it (I have a German keyboard)
Since the game has updated, I'm not sure if it still works (haven't checked)... But you can open it by using the Tilde key - I'm not sure, but if you have the QWERTZ, it might be the last button before ENTER on 1st letter row (so in place of ']'), but if you can, it's easier to do it in US-based keyboard layout.

This is really cool. Nice find :thumbsup:. To open it press the button under the esc button on your keyboard and then to toggle through the commands you press tab. Theres alot of really cool things you can do with this such as play animation, unlock all performance upgrades and a lot more cool things (theres over like 300 options you can fiddle around with). Also a quick tip for people using a controller, if you press right stick in you can toggle a free cam so you can fly around the tracks with the camera and explore the tracks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back