F1 2015 F1 2015 The Game Released

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
F1 2015 The Game Released.jpg

Just a little while ago Steam unlocked F1 2015 and the annual Formula 1 game is now released in Europe for Windows PC players.

North American's have to be a little more patient and wait for 11 more days until the game releases on the 21st of July 2015 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Steam for PC. (Update: Seems that Americans are getting lucky with a Steam release today as well.)

The central game mode this year is the all-new Championship Season, which according to the developers promises to deliver the most immersive F1 experience yet, thanks to an all-new ‘broadcast presentation’ style that recreates the unique race day atmosphere of a Grand Prix.

The upcoming weekend will be used by thousands of race fans to enjoy the first moments in the game and below you find some handy links and tips to enhance your experience!

F1 2015 Mods and Modding
Our active community modders have already started working to find out whether F1 2015 is moddable. It has a new file system using an unfamiliar file format, possibly encrypted. If and when mods become available for PC users, please feel free to visit our download section to get your hands on them..

Got questions? Want to start your own modding career? Make sure to visit the F1 2015 modding forums and check out the sticky threads for more information.

Real racers, race online
RaceDepartment hosts a couple of long running online F1 series for PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4. This great group of organizers and racers are ready to welcome new- and old-comers to their various series. Sign-ups have already started so hurry up and check them out here. Of course everybody is invited to setup daily casual events in the same forum when you aren't interested in racing just for the points but are looking for a more social type of racing.

Let us help you with F1 car setups
RaceDepartment is keeping up with an annual tradition: Since 2010 we have provided a free to use service to the Codemasters community by providing top notch racing setups for the year Formula 1 sim.

If setting up your car is not something you are accustomed to, let us help you out. Here are some useful links that have helped hundreds of thousands of players during the last five years.

Setups
Setups for all F1 cars on all tracks under all conditions
F1 2015 Setups
F1 2014 Setups
F1 2013 Setups
F1 2012 Setups
F1 2011 Setups
F1 2010 Setups

Setups Directory
Handy one page overview of all setups.
F1 2015 Directory
F1 2014 Directory
F1 2013 Directory
F1 2012 Directory

Setup Guide
A handy guide guide explaining the basics of setting up a virtual racing car can be downloaded here

F1 2015 Photos and Videos
Are you an ambitious YouTuber or photographer looking for an audience? Make sure to check out RaceTube and submit your stunning video and photo productions.

Last edited by a moderator:
This game is an absolute disgrace . Loads of nice features but ..its bugged as hell. So bugged it's laughable . Ai randomly crash into back of you ...The game just randomly crashes. Awful and worst yet. Hopefully a patch will come but really , I'm shocked this hasn't been tested . It's more buggy than f1 2012.

I've been crash free so far and performance is decent, but I'll need SLI support in order to push 120fps/120Hz.

My CSWv1 and CSPv2 worked with a custom controller setup but the pedals had the deadspot issue. Doesn't matter now because after a couple game restarts the game now refuses to let me select custom controls, it force loads the CSW default controls. So I had to plug the pedals into the wheel (instead of directly into the comp) and now the pedals are very responsive. I also edited the action_map_preset_win.xml file to change the default buttons to what I want.

I've tried three different cars on three different tracks, and my biggest complaint is the braking bias which is only changeable on track between Front, Balanced, and Rear, but I cannot get my selection to stick.

Is there some special combo of buttons to select a different brake bias and have it stick on track?

From a PERSONAL point of view i'm loving it.The handling is much improved and the FFB is much more subtle and I can feel the slip angle,braking and overstear through my G27.I couldnt give a toss that I don't get too see my name in the game.I don't watch the cutscenes or read those annoying emails.I just try to drive as fast as I can and enjoy it for what it is.
But i'm not so pigheaded and ignorant to see how people are getting vexed about the missing features.But from a personal perspective i'm enjoying it:thumbsup:

I bought this game over the weekend, played for about an hour and requested a refund from Steam. it's an absolute mess, the worst of the lot they've ever released. bugs everywhere, the graphics are really poor (very cartoony, stupid motion blur), and the damn cars still float above the track!

just take a look at this bug list on the CM forums, it's absolutely astonishing. it's very clear this game was rushed out: http://forums.codemasters.com/discu...ests-list-to-help-codemasters-fix-that-faster

Yeah THE error that says that it isn't installed correctly. Same here

Well, it shows a crash exe popup first, then I get Steam error saying its trying to restart the app but can't, however it never affects anything other than I have to close the pop-ups manually.

I bought this game over the weekend, played for about an hour and requested a refund from Steam. it's an absolute mess, the worst of the lot they've ever released. bugs everywhere, the graphics are really poor (very cartoony, stupid motion blur), and the damn cars still float above the track!

just take a look at this bug list on the CM forums, it's absolutely astonishing. it's very clear this game was rushed out: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/7915/f1-2015-official-bugs-glitchs-and-requests-list-to-help-codemasters-fix-that-faster

Huge list for sure, but about 80% of them I've never encountered so who knows.

I must say I've been racing all afternoon, and haven't noticed any bugs.It must be down to something on all the different PC's.I'm pretty much a moob with pc gaming,maybe because mines a dedicated gaming PC it's not picked up any crap along the way.Or maybe I know absolutely Jack ****.Probably the latter lol.

The ironic thing is, many of those bugs could be fixed by the community if CM wouldn't have decided to use their ERPK encrypter. When looking at bugs like no tyres ... man we fixed that already back in F1 2013 with custom highlods and carlodsettings (well, a custom highlod mod could start to create this bug if there were some parameters not correctly adjusted).

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.