Resource icon

Misc F1 2012: 5 Grip Levels 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Salut Gilles submitted a new resource:

F1 2012: 5 GRIP LEVELS - Enhanced Formula 1 sim-driving experience in Single-Player mode.

Single-Player mode only. This mod provides 5 enhanced grip levels in F1 2012, along with 1 original surface_materials.xml file for restoring the game's default grip level as needed.

1- Unzip the mod and open 1 of the following grip-level folders:

GRIP+10%
GRIP+20%
GRIP+30%
GRIP+40%
GRIP+50%

2- Copy the chosen surface_materials.xml file into your Steam\SteamApps\common\f1 2012 folder.

Screenshots
Bahrain's Q1 result with original game's surface_materials.xml file:...

Read more about this resource...

@Milos Ancevski and @puffitheone :))) I only wish I knew about how to use these hex-editing tools a lot earlier (I would have made these mods a lot earlier).

I tried to do them with Ryder's converter, Fergo's binxml, et al, to no avail: the game was always crashing (I know it's not Ryder's fault if CM uses different binary XML for different files).

I had also no big probs with grip,but now for me i can dirve more agressive on a next high level...and i think the times are not so realistic in real life....but it´s a game so i´ve tried this and i like this.:p

I had also no big probs with grip,but now for me i can dirve more agressive on a next high level...and i think the times are not so realistic in real life....but it´s a game so i´ve tried this and i like this.:p
It's like 2011 in terms of grip, but no more stupid un-catchable powerslides

It's a game, and being such should be for every one buyer FUN to play with. That's why options should be given, in Single-Player Mode, by the devs themselves, not by modders. Maybe they would not lose millions of sales every year like they do...

I never play online, so in SP mode with this mod, I have to adjust the DB's track_difficulties, and track_model grip numbers for P3, Q1, Q2, Q3 and race.

Lot of work, but it's fun. :D

I never play online, so in SP mode with this mod, I have to adjust the DB's track_difficulties, and track_model grip numbers for P3, Q1, Q2, Q3 and race.

Lot of work, but it's fun. :D

(Follow up) After fine tuning all the above numbers, along with many awesome AI mods, that's what I really always wanted, and never had b4:
CanadaQ1_1.jpg

CanadaQ1_2.jpg

CanadaQ1_3.jpg

CanadaQ1_4.jpg

All that (close to RL results!), with default factory settings on the car (47% probs of rain in next day's race, parc fermé).

Edit: Still is about 0.5 sec faster than RL, so a little more fine tuning is required:
CanadaQ1_0.jpg

But I'm not THAT much a perfectionism fanatic! :p
B4 this mod (grip+40% here), my best hot lap was in the high 1:17, with the 11/11 "bug" and never ever close to RL (when not ending in the pitlane-exit wall...:poop:)

Last edited:
If good = CRAP, than yes ;)
For me f1 2012 is better. It's harder to handle it was a challange. Unlike in 2013 where the times were fast as hell and even a 10 years old could drive it perfectly. F1 2013 was to easy. Lot of players became very good at it because it's easy to handle . 2012 in rain was one hell of a challange.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%