F1 2011 F1 2011 Videos

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
You're joking? He caused an avoidable collision and most likely ended another cars race. That doesn't deserve a penalty?

To clarify, the player (Red Bull) turned into the Sauber, and drug them both off the track into the barriers. It was an avoidable collision, as he should not have cut the first corner (the right hander) so hard whilst there was a car alongside.

Also I noticed that the penalty he was handed was a ten second penalty. I assume this is not drivethrough penalty, but a proper ten second time penalty, to be applied at the end of the race. Seeing the new 2011 penalty options are in the game is very cool as well. Absolutely gorgeous video of Spa in the wet, as well. I think the only thing about the new HUD I'm not a fan of is the driving line. Everything else looks great, and I am absolutely thrilled that there is a new screen with information about fuel, and where you'll exit the pits from (reliable as that ever may be!).

All in all, very excited for F1 2011!

I wish codemasters would concentrate on the racing side of things and just go out and film the drivers celebrating and entering/exiting the garage etc as creating people just isnt their forte. they look terrible and ruin the otherwise polished look and feel of the game. surely it's less work to use video and would look far better

That sounds good in theory, but what if you're driving as D'ambrosio for Virgin and you win? There will be no footage of him celebrating a win because he hasnt won in real life. it just wouldnt work. Plus its actually much easier to make the models of the drivers as there can be any number of different 1,2,3 finishers combonations, and CM's would have to hunt down footage of those 3 drivers celebrating. So no, sorry, thats not a particularly good idea. And whats the point of having a cut scene on the real thing going into/out of the garage. that would just get annoying, besides, CM's has done a perfectly fine job of that themselves.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.