F1 2011 F1 2011 The Game - Three new screenshots and a 9/10 rating

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
The Official Xbox Magazine just posted an announcement on their website where they rate Codemasters upcoming F1 2011 The Game with a 9/10. Additionally they've released three new screenshots with one of them featurering the highly discussed Safety Car of Bernd Mayländer. A full review can be found in this months magazine.

We will not go into a discussion whether these ratings of mainstream magazines are true ratings or not. You can do that in the comments below!

For now enjoy the three brand new screenshots below and while you are at it, also visit our newly opened F1 2011 The Game forums where the first online club races and high quality leagues have already started to shape up. Innovative new mods and of course our highly recommended setups will be added shortly. More on that later!

xb1.jpg

xb2.jpgxb3.jpg

the last screenshot looks awful, then again we are talking at low quality gameplay when it comes to consoles. FI you look at the line in behid the SC it isnt right at all. then again u are supposed to maintain a certain lenght and most drivers like being close to each other that way they get a moral boost at the restart. and why cant they just add the official or Pirelli logos into the tracks...im tired of the same thing "F1 2011" logos/ banners...that is terrible for this game. its an OFFICIAL F1 game...lets live up to the small detail...lets pay attention to it a bit more codies.

Before claiming rF2 and GTR 3 being games of the year it would actually require those two games to provide some ingame racing footage first. rF2 showed some minor footage and not sure what you have seen but for GTR 3 I haven't seen anything at all. No pictures, no movies, not even any news lol

is it just me or does it really look as if the frontrunners in shot3 are lifting their front left wheel? why on earth should they do that? as for rf2 and GTR3, we should all stop speculating, we are currently witnessing the smaller companies being brutally pushed out of the market, pityful really. hope they prove me wrong, though :)

I've been a big fan of the F1 title since F1 '97 on the PS1...I love them and play them all year round. These days I dont have the time to play so I only play 2 games a year COD (whatever) and F1 (whatever). I will buy this one and have no doubt that it will be great and a considerable step forward. However to see the terrible shading under the safety car, along with headlights that were made with a ruler and the complete lack of teams, pit crews and not to forget the very clean, no tyre marks or war paint on the pit straight wall and the front end floaters in Brazil...I'm a little shocked that these were released. You could look at it another way....these are screenshots and I seriously won't give a flying one whilst I'm playing the game. I just hope that this lack of detail isn't reflected in the game play

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%