rF2 F1 1992 @ Estoril - Sun June 5th 2011 [EU]

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
During warmup I was looking at the replays in fullscreen and when I was about to press the screen to go back to the track-menu the session had just changed to race and my mouse was on the 'leave track'-button, so before I knew it I had left the race by mistake! :mad: hahhaa A rather nasty boner, too tired to wait for Heat 2, good luck to the rest of you guys racing!:cool:

q1 - p10 or 11

r1 - was in good shape after 3 laps i think 7 or 8 over cooked in T4 into the wasl RO.

Q2- terrible

r2 - started from the back then rammed into Kyle race over sorry Kyle.

3 Ferrari's today. I have previously said my piece about the sign ups.

Thanks RD great field as usual.

q1 - pb, somewhere near the back.
r1 - soso start, managed to avoid all the carnage but i took too much speed into turn 1.

q2 - second to last, 5 tenths slower than q1.
r2 - soso start but got hit by mark at parabolica interior (i brake early :)), had to pit with suspension damage. made two subsequent pitstops due to more suspension damage that i picked up by crashing, then rfactor decided to screw the car up at parabolica as i was about to go to stop number 4. rear wheel gone.

Good racing today guys.

Bad luck for me in race 1.

Good luck for me in race 2.

As always a fun day at the track.

See you in Montreal on the Rothmans-RD server.

Q1. About 6th.
R1: Had to back off as Hubert had to avoid a slow starting Ferrari so lost a few places but had a steady race for the most part in 5th. Spun at the final turn with a lap to go - I watched the replay Hubert and i dont think you made contact but if you did its no problem we had some good battles.
Q2 Same
R2; Another steady race. More battles with Hubert. Spun to give Martin a place but he returned the compliment later on - Thanks mate. Finished 4th so a good nights racing and two decent finishes.
Well done winners, thanks RD guys

I didn't practise all week.
Q1- P9
R!- I got round the carnage at the start line and i was in P5 going into turn 1 but lost the rear and spun on exit,down to P14.
A few spinners and i got upto P9 then i passed Mark for P8,Adam wrecks and i get P7. I had an off at turn 7 and must have damaged the car because when i got to turn 8 the car went straight on and into the barrier. DNF
Q2- P8
R2- I got into P6 out of turn 1 then into turn 3,up ahead of me i could see a Ferarri spin and i took the long way round him and dropped to P10. I out breaked my self closing in on Scott and dropped a position,down to P11.
2 cars make contact at turn 3 that gives me P9. I passed Ken for P8 and Norman spins out at turn 2 and gives me P7.
I had a 360 spin coming out the last corner and drop to P9. I caught and passed Ken and get into P7.
On lap 6,something on happened. My position changes to P8,no pass,nothing. After watching the replay,it's Hubert that seems to gain 2 places somehow. You need to watch the replay to see what i mean. It's nearing the end of the lap. Very strange!
I catch and pass Hubert on lap 13 as he spins exiting turn 4,i'm P7 untill Adam slows on the pit straight giving me P6.
Good racing with ya'll tonight ;-)
Looking forward to Canada already ;-)

this was the first time that i did practice more then i do normaly. Most of the races i did start on sunday morning but this one i did start already mid week. I thought i was on a safe mode but when i saw in practice the laptimes of other drivers i wasnt so sure any more. Only thing i did practice was the race setup. and during practice i noticed very fast times so i switched to focus on quali mode but it was to late to get pole. I think when i did a few more practice laps and a few more tweeks on the setup i could have come closer. But Mo was very very fast in quali.

So in q1 i was on P2 what wasnt so bad but i wasnt so sure about my race pace any more.

Race 1 i made a good start to try jump Mo but he made a false start so braked again and i think after that a lot of people braked in to him. So i was away a few seconds after the first turn already. I didnt push whole race because it wasnt needed i was driving away from P2 more then a second a lap so only thing i was needed to win is keep the car on track and thats what i did. A few times a scary moment with some back markers who made mistakes or didnt see me coming and because of the speed diference it scared me a few times. But this race i was able to go around the spins etc.. and won in the end.

To bad i didnt have time to do the second race.

R1 - am usually pretty good at avoiding start line chaos. Not today. Straight into the back of Bulgin after he collected Morgan, following his perfect pirouette start :D That left me with the classic RightABitLeftABit steering for the whole race. Managed to finish 8th, methinks.

R2 - this was GOOD abruptly transitioning to BAD. :(

Canada, Canada.

You need to watch the replay to see what i mean. It's nearing the end of the lap. Very strange!

I think you mean win 2 places and quickly loose them again?

I thought i was in a different corner, (smtimes i have this problem in the heat of the races)
so i saw you guys brake hard and was half a second shocked as i was surely going to hit you 2,
i slammed the brakes 100 meters too late, car went sideways but somehow i managed to clear you both,
just in the middle...
Flew into the run off spinning like hell, managed to pump it and kept the car out of barriers, but lost 2 places i think on it.

edit: just rewatched it, the thing i'm explaining above was in lap 2 with others involved. Looking further into it.
edit2: Chass, you where the whole 6 laps behind me figthing with Kyle and another dude.
I saw my places jumping at the end of lap 6 from 10th to 7th.
If you count the cars in front of me since the start, and followed them until lap 6,
you would see i am 7th, so it probably just was a bit late or smth...

R1 - am usually pretty good at avoiding start line chaos. Not today. Straight into the back of Bulgin after he collected Morgan, following his perfect pirouette start :D That left me with the classic RightABitLeftABit steering for the whole race. Managed to finish 8th, methinks.

R2 - this was GOOD abruptly transitioning to BAD. :(

Canada, Canada.

sry norman, but i also had the problem of the car infront of me not starting.
so had to steer hard right i think and that must have made me spin.

2nd race was better got the win due to adam having problems,and some great battles with 2nd place

Q1: Decent lap but was 8 tenths quicker on final run (matching Mo's time) P4.

R1: Got distracted by Mo's jump start and missed the green light therefore slowed everyone up behind (sorry guys, I was the Scuderia Italia that didn't move). Fortunately it meant I avoided Wayne flying back across track but I dropped to P5. I got past Hubert for P4 and then took P3 when Mo pitted. Chased after Mateusz for a lap and had a look at him into turn 1 on lap 3 but I ran wide on the exit, spun to the inside and lost the front wing and front right tyre. Got it back to the pits but the mechanics just stood there. Race over.

Q2: Better lap than Q1 but could of gone quicker. P1 nonetheless.

R2: Good start and held the lead into turn 1. Opened up the gap to about 12 seconds with a couple of minutes to go then put a wheel on the grass on the exit of turn 2, span inwards and lost the front wing and front right tyre again. Trotted around for 2 laps just to finish but let people past me when they got close. Ended up P8.

Miserable end to a miserable weekend.

Thanks Lee, RD, and all those who raced.

Won't be racing until Melbourne, have GCSE mocks in the next few weeks. Unless the US events are run, so I can race in the morning? Apparently I'm not allowed to do the Sunday evening races until the exams are over.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back