AMS2 F1 1983 @ Kyalami Historic, Tuesday 18th July 2023

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Go on Dan, I'm back....
Cool Malcolm. There's a bit of a decision with these cars: To Turbo Or Not To Turbo? The Cosworths are set and forget over the race distance; the turbos require some practice regarding fuel usage and, importantly, engine wear/damage. I've found that redline downshifts will really harm the engine and they will only survive a few laps if you abuse them, same for turbo boost. So choose wisely.

Cool Malcolm. There's a bit of a decision with these cars: To Turbo Or Not To Turbo? The Cosworths are set and forget over the race distance; the turbos require some practice regarding fuel usage and, importantly, engine wear/damage. I've found that redline downshifts will really harm the engine and they will only survive a few laps if you abuse them, same for turbo boost. So choose wisely.
So what damage settings are configured, full ?

Hey Lloyd, you're in.

Damage is visual only, but mechanical damage is on, it's the only way to prevent the turbos running 100% boost - which I've tested and, even driving cautiously and doing very slooow downshifts, will blow the engine after 2 laps! which is as it should be.

Oh, make sure to have this hud enabled on one of your hud presets, you'll need it.
hud.jpg

Sad that the AMS2 MP is so instable. Really like the driving after the 1.5updates(so far), but the MP is killing my wish to make it my go to sim.

As for the turbo cars. Can someone of the fast guys (1:05) share a setup? I know i'm not a fast guy, but i think that my setup is not the way to go.

Sad that the AMS2 MP is so instable. Really like the driving after the 1.5updates(so far), but the MP is killing my wish to make it my go to sim.
That was one of the worst we have had in a while. I think the time we had such a big number of disconnects was a couple of months ago. It's bloody frustrating that we cannot have people reconnect without a complete restart. I'm going to see if the 'reset' of the race allows spectators to join the grid after the event tomorrow if anyone doesn't mind hanging around for a few minutes to test

As for the turbo cars. Can someone of the fast guys (1:05) share a setup? I know i'm not a fast guy, but i think that my setup is not the way to go.
Well, I was in the 1:05, but I wouldn't consider myself 'fast' :). From default I did the following:

Final Drive: 3.3
Front Wing: 6
Rear Wing: 7
Boost: 75%

Everything else was default (well, except fuel)

@Munkyboo snuck in the 1:04. Might be worth seeing if he did anything else.

Some MP improvements with 1.5 official release soon but more with netcode , not sure if it will improve stability yet..

For setup from default rear +1 and then for race +2 for more stability

Not sure if rear wing ended up as 7 or 8

Front wing 5 which was default

I think there was brake bias one click to front to help trailbraking and temps

Final drive ratio at 3.1 but 3.2 would have worked

Boost 79% in the last race

Everything else should have been default, but sometimes in these older F1 cars I lowered coast ramp by 1 to have more stability off throttle (but if higher rear wing, then it isn’t needed )
SoI think it’s more to do with taking advantage of the downforce when speed is high and maintaining the speed in corners.

I’m not usually fast, but in F1 cars or high downforce I’m normally at the faster end of the group. So probs something to do with driving differently with downforcr

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea