AMS2 F1 1983 @ Brands Hatch, Tuesday 11th July 2023

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Hi guys, I still absolutely want to tame these monsters, but there is a heavy storm predicted in Germany's southwest for the time between 18:00-21:00 UTC. So in case I will not attend, you know why. I will try to leave a comment in Discord chat, in case the world comes to an end here. Otherwise, I very much looking forward to racing all of you guys tonight.

Sign me up please
Hey Steve, added.

I'm going with Piquet's #5 Brabham in the first race and maybe the Mclaren in the second. The Brabham is a real struggle with the turbo lag and immense boost, the power can overwhelm the grip and downforce, and you work harder only to go slower. All the others are much nicer to drive, but the sound and fury of the Brabham has to be experienced, at least once.

I really liked this Mclaren on this track. Also the new tire physics seem to be pretty good. A spin in round 3 of race 2, made me having a flats pot on the tire for at least 10 laps with lots of vibration in dd2.

To bad I am gonna miss these the next coming weeks!

I had a spin fest in both races. Couldn't stay on top of the car's handling or grip once the tyres went off. I'll put these on again next week, because I simply can't leave last night's experience as the defining one for me with these cars.

Next week is up and it's fast. You'll need to test the turbos as the altitude robs the engines of around 150-200 HP. Mechanical damage will be turned back on so as to stop the turbos running 100% boost for more than a lap. Good times!

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea