[F-Classic Gen 1] Formula 1 1986 - Reiza style preview

Skins [F-Classic Gen 1] Formula 1 1986 - Reiza style preview 1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I used the existing previews that had the image sizing so I didn't have to deal with that - but I see you don't have those in the pack, so I would do this:

1 - In the showroom for the car, as soon as it goes to the side view click take photo (image 1). The next camera view seems to be random and you really have to pay attention to catch it. Once you click the button, don't change any camera settings. Just click the mouse to save the photo, and you end up with image 2 in your documents folder.

I have PaintShop Pro 2020, I don't know what you use but I am sure it will have similar functions. I bought this Corel pack on sale years ago when I was messing around with game development in case I needed new or to alter assets. Ironically 4 years later this is really the first time I used it extensively, so I may not know all the functionality as I am in no means a pro. This is only what I figured out on my own...

2 - Open the saved image from in game and crop a section 2048x640 around the car. Exact placement doesn't matter. At this point I initially was trying to erase around the car. It is a long and tedious process. So what I figured out is if you use the auto selection tool, it gets you about 99% there (image 3)

3 - from there, use the freehand select tool and add/remove from the selection as needed, so you end up with the general outline (image 4). Promote that selection to a layer, delete the background layer. Align the selection to horizontal center and bottom. Then from my testing, to align with the Reiza previews, move it up 20 clicks of the up arrow (image 5).

4 - from there, just do any minor cleanup you want by going around the edges with eraser/smudger/color push/whatever tools you prefer, though not much is needed, if at all. You end up with "modded image" (and you can see I didn't do much cleanup, but I probably could have made the front tyre a bit cleaner with the selection or erasing around it.)

5 - Convert to DDS, move to the AMS2 directory location, and admire your work!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    770 KB · Views: 26
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 3.png
    3.png
    967.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 4.png
    4.png