Extreme Tyre Wear Mod

Misc Extreme Tyre Wear Mod 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
SGT Amigi submitted a new resource:

Extreme Tyre Wear Mod - Tyre wear...but different

View attachment 693107

As it sounds, this is a tyre wear mod... or not? This mod is a game changer that makes races in 35% to be at least 2 stops secured (it could be more). I think is a great combination with the mods "Better AI" and "More AI crashes". Take a look at the video with some highlights of a race with this mod applied from youtube.

The mod "More crashes" contains the option to add more tyre wear, so you might think my mod...

Read more about this resource...

This mode is really great! It really solves the annoying double stacking thing the ai does, nice work! One thing I noticed tho, is that all three compounds have very similar work rate: Pérez who was on softs pitted on lap 5, Leclerc, on mediums on lap 6, and Sainz who was on the hards has pitted on lap 7. Do you think, that this could be fixed somehow? And also on 50% races there are ussualy 4-5 pit stops, which I think is a little too much. So a 50% version would be nice. Other than theese I'ts a very good mod, and I hope it will be getting updates

This mode is really great! It really solves the annoying double stacking thing the ai does, nice work! One thing I noticed tho, is that all three compounds have very similar work rate: Pérez who was on softs pitted on lap 5, Leclerc, on mediums on lap 6, and Sainz who was on the hards has pitted on lap 7. Do you think, that this could be fixed somehow? And also on 50% races there are ussualy 4-5 pit stops, which I think is a little too much. So a 50% version would be nice. Other than theese I'ts a very good mod, and I hope it will be getting updates
Thank you. That's it. I need to check on different race distances and on all tracks. I'm basically still testing it so yeah, maybe it's not optimal in all circunstances. I will be updating the mod. Thank you very much for the feedback, really helps me. And about the differences between compounds, I already noticed there isn't difference enough and I'm studying how to make changes in order to still have several stops but differenciating all compounds clearly on performance and duration.

And what you see in the video are the only lines?
Thanks in advance
It is those lines, but for every compound. In the video I just show 1, but there are 16 or 18 I guess. Bascially all compounds in game for front and rear. So Inters and wet front and rear, and like 6 different slick compounds front and rear. They are all in the same file, so is just scrolling down.

SGT Amigi updated Extreme Tyre Wear Mod with a new update entry:

Tyres adjustment

The compounds have been adjusted so now differences between them should be more obvious.
Compounds should last longer and there should be big differences from one track to another. Running on 35%, best strategy for GB was starting on hard and switching to medium. Same distance in Hungary resulted in 3 stop best strategy using 3 softs and 1 medium.
Softs give an optimal performace during 3-4 laps. Hards should last longer than before.
Thank you.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Good effort and mod is fun but I get drivers pitting for softs when SC comes out then they pit again either during or when the SC comes in which makes it too unrealistic for me.

Hey man, I really like you're mod, but I would like to tweak it a little bit to use it on 50% races. Could you give me a brief guide on how to change the values and what the values I'm supposed to change do?
Thanks

Hey man, I really like you're mod, but I would like to tweak it a little bit to use it on 50% races. Could you give me a brief guide on how to change the values and what the values I'm supposed to change do?
Thanks
You have to edit this section:
<Wear>
<WearRate value="0.072" />
<BlisterRate value="0.13" />
<MinBlisteringTemperature value="385.65" />
<MaxBlisteringTemperature value="425.65" />
<WearGrip numVertices="17">
<SplineElement x="0.0000" y="1.0000" />
<SplineElement x="0.0600" y="0.9970" />
<SplineElement x="0.1300" y="0.9904" />
<SplineElement x="0.1900" y="0.9736" />
<SplineElement x="0.2500" y="0.9157" />
<SplineElement x="0.3100" y="0.8888" />
<SplineElement x="0.3800" y="0.8220" />
<SplineElement x="0.4400" y="0.8052" />
<SplineElement x="0.5000" y="0.7384" />
<SplineElement x="0.5600" y="0.7016" />
<SplineElement x="0.6300" y="0.6947" />
<SplineElement x="0.6900" y="0.6795" />
<SplineElement x="0.7500" y="0.6642" />
<SplineElement x="0.8100" y="0.6489" />
<SplineElement x="0.8800" y="0.6336" />
<SplineElement x="0.9400" y="0.6184" />
<SplineElement x="1.0000" y="0.6031" />
</WearGrip>
for every compound. I think there are like 18 in total (be careful because same tyre is duplicated for front and rear so it will be like 9 different compounds)
This values correspond to my mod. You can compare them to the original. If you want tyres to last longer, increse the "y" value. The "x" stands for the % of wear and "y" for the % of grip for each wear value. My recomendation is to not touch "wear rate" in any case.

You have to edit this section:
<Wear>
<WearRate value="0.072" />
<BlisterRate value="0.13" />
<MinBlisteringTemperature value="385.65" />
<MaxBlisteringTemperature value="425.65" />
<WearGrip numVertices="17">
<SplineElement x="0.0000" y="1.0000" />
<SplineElement x="0.0600" y="0.9970" />
<SplineElement x="0.1300" y="0.9904" />
<SplineElement x="0.1900" y="0.9736" />
<SplineElement x="0.2500" y="0.9157" />
<SplineElement x="0.3100" y="0.8888" />
<SplineElement x="0.3800" y="0.8220" />
<SplineElement x="0.4400" y="0.8052" />
<SplineElement x="0.5000" y="0.7384" />
<SplineElement x="0.5600" y="0.7016" />
<SplineElement x="0.6300" y="0.6947" />
<SplineElement x="0.6900" y="0.6795" />
<SplineElement x="0.7500" y="0.6642" />
<SplineElement x="0.8100" y="0.6489" />
<SplineElement x="0.8800" y="0.6336" />
<SplineElement x="0.9400" y="0.6184" />
<SplineElement x="1.0000" y="0.6031" />
</WearGrip>
for every compound. I think there are like 18 in total (be careful because same tyre is duplicated for front and rear so it will be like 9 different compounds)
This values correspond to my mod. You can compare them to the original. If you want tyres to last longer, increse the "y" value. The "x" stands for the % of wear and "y" for the % of grip for each wear value. My recomendation is to not touch "wear rate" in any case.
Thanks man this was very helpful! Also, as you seem to really understand this thing I have an other question aswell. Is it possible, to remove the wet, and inter tyres from the game? Like not actually removing them, but to replace theire data with lets say the medium tyres data. Would that make any sense? And one more thing is that I would like to make the tyres to have much much less grip in the rain. It would be a lot of fun watching the ai spin araund the track. I hope you could understand my shitty english.
Thank you

Thanks man this was very helpful! Also, as you seem to really understand this thing I have an other question aswell. Is it possible, to remove the wet, and inter tyres from the game? Like not actually removing them, but to replace theire data with lets say the medium tyres data. Would that make any sense? And one more thing is that I would like to make the tyres to have much much less grip in the rain. It would be a lot of fun watching the ai spin araund the track. I hope you could understand my shitty english.
Thank you
To do that you have to edit the wet values. Apart from normal grip values for wear, there are some other arrays of values if you scroll down and some of them refer to wetness, so considering the % of wetness, tyres provide a different value of grip. So what you should do is looking for those values and copy the ones from slick tyres and paste them in place of the wet or inter ones, so they will feel like slicks. I haven't tryed specifically so can't tell you exactly but it should be something like that.

Is it necessary to edit all tyre files?
What I mean, because in the files are tyres with the name ultrasoft supersoft Hard etc.
So it would probably not work properly if you just edit the files for the Soft medium and Hard tyre.

Is it necessary to edit all tyre files?
What I mean, because in the files are tyres with the name ultrasoft supersoft Hard etc.
So it would probably not work properly if you just edit the files for the Soft medium and Hard tyre.
Those names are there because Codies didn't updated the compound names from 2016 or 2017, but in realityyou have a total of 16 tyres I think, that correspond to C0, C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, Inter and Wets. Hyper-soft for example are C5 I think. You have Ultra-soft, supersoft, soft, medium and hard too. More or less you can see which one i which. I hope that answers your question. If you only edit the Hard, medium and soft, you are only changing C0, C1 and C2.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 43 26.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 19.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 30 18.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 10.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 6.8%