Experiance with molding/pouring handgrips in rubber ?!

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Cloudini5, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Cloudini5

Cloudini5

Ratings:
    +2
    Hello RD members,
    i have once started a thread like this way back, however with a new title and slightly more into detail, i want to go deeper into the subject of molding handgrips, i seriously need some tips and tricks and experiances of you guys on this topic,

ive got an MP4-26 Mclaren steering wheel made by Amalgam, The quality of the rim is totally just for the looks wich is ofcourse the meaning of the product but not for simracing, i do want to be using it for sim racing so im going to make the wheel stronger with more supports,

for example and thats why i started this topic, the handgrips are made of foam with a layer of paint over it, its not going to last long if im going to use this, what i want to do is make a mold out of the handgrips now, and than take of the foam handgrips of the rim, and fill the mold with something that will harden into a comfortable but durable Rubber, i want to know if people here already have experiance with a rubber material on their custom rims.

material that i kinda am looking for is the rubber as they use on the T500 F1 ferrari add-on, as a side note.

and any ideas on materials for making a mold ?

kind regards Wesley IMG_4367k.jpg IMG_4368k.jpg IMG_4369k.jpg

2. Matthew Wilkinson

Matthew Wilkinson

Ratings:
    +1
    Wooden mould or Ally, and Polyurethane not Rubber.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.