Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Wishlist

Just some things that would make the game extra nice for me

1) slightly heavier steering, the overall feel is super light. When i sometimes go from one to two hands i end up flying across the road if i knock the wheel even slightly

2) A talking GPS. Just someone that tells you if you speeding and which turns to take. (i might be mistaken, but do some countries in europe use km/h and some use mph)
I do use the map but sometimes the European turn-offs seem a bit weird to me. Obviously there must be a function to turn the voice off if you so desire. So if its trying to be a sim, i think the talking gps would add to it.

3) Slightly widder On & Off ramps onto highways.

Now to finish work, so i can do some deliveries :p

1. would like the ability to see on the world map where my employees are, maybe use a red triangle to mark them. similar to the blue triangle they used to find ourselves.

2. (this may be possible when you level up, i'm only level 7 right now) would like the option to place real wide single tires on the rear axle(s) as opposed to the two individual tires. i just think they look cooler.

3. larger speed limit signs. the ones we have in the states are much bigger and easier to read, but the ones in the game can be a real pain, especially in a rain storm. 2 days in, i've had about 12 speeding tickets. they add up real quick.

If it wants any chance to have some serious longevity then multiplayer is really needed.
People will only play it "single player" for so long before it might become a bit "old".
Even though i am having stacks of fun with it right now.

Thought of some more changes which could make things interesting/improved:
Some of the road signage needs to be moved slightly further down the road. Especially the sharp turn boards seem a bit close to the turn. So once you see it, its often to late.

A button to quickly look "left and right". To be used when turning into roads. I dont like using the mouse to do it, cause i take to long trying to put it back in the correct position. And the buttons take way to long to look left and then right. Usually ending up with me being t-boned.

The oppurtunity to buy out other transport companies. So you can take over the world :roflmao:

Just downloading the demo as I type and will probably buy this going on the positive feedback I'm reading. I used to laugh at titles like this, but after looking at ETS2 they certainly have their place in the driving genre.

1. Multi-player would be cool. Log on to a server and as you drive around you may cross paths with other drivers depending where they are in the ETS2 environment. Or you could arrange to meet up in say Paris and then have a drive around or even maybe take on a job that requires 2 drivers.
2. DLC with additional routes/areas to drive. What would be awesome is something like El Camino de la Muerte.
3. Make multi-player available and then add a few race circuits in the ETS2 'world environment' (real or fictional) and we could take our trucks to race meetings, lol. Have entry fees, prize money and if truck damaged, have to pay for repairs.

A button to quickly look "left and right". To be used when turning into roads. I dont like using the mouse to do it, cause i take to long trying to put it back in the correct position. And the buttons take way to long to look left and then right. Usually ending up with me being t-boned.

These already exist. Scroll down the 'Keyboard' section of the options. You will find them ;)

These already exist. Scroll down the 'Keyboard' section of the options. You will find them ;)

I got the buttons for look left and look right set already. They just take a bit look to look from side to side. If it could be speeded up, or a "quick look" button. Usually by the time you have looked from side to side theres usually cars or trucks coming from the first side again.
In normal world, you usually look as quickly as possible from side to side. Unless its under a different name in the list and i have missed it :redface:

I got the buttons for look left and look right set already. They just take a bit look to look from side to side. If it could be speeded up, or a "quick look" button. Usually by the time you have looked from side to side theres usually cars or trucks coming from the first side again.
In normal world, you usually look as quickly as possible from side to side. Unless its under a different name in the list and i have missed it :redface:
It costs a lot but you really should consider getting TrackIR... Honestly... it will open up the world for you. You can look left and right (and in really ANY direction so also around the mirrors or things like that) just as you would in real life! I couldn't do without it. I am also a big FSX fan so I really use TrackIR a lot, but even if you don't fly on the PC, you can use TrackIR in a few other racing games too. If you are a big ETS2 fan though and you play the game a lot, it might be worth the purchase alone for ETS2...! The idea of having to use a mouse or buttons to 'look around' (in an odd and unnatural way).... yikes... I love my TrackIR! ;)

P.S. If you are interested: 1. I would also advice to get the Track Clip Pro with it (more precision, less problems with light in the room and you can attach it to most headsets (instead of having to put stickers on a cap...)) and 2. you might also consider to get TrackIR 4 instead of TrackIR 5: that will save you quite a few dollars while it gives you practically the same experience (you can use the TrackIR 5 software, which you can download for free, with the TrackIR 4 hardware: I do the same and it works perfectly fine).

You can build a head tracking device for little money indeed, but from what I've read here and there it will never work as good as TrackIR and you won't have all the options the TrackIR software gives you. But yes, building such a device IS an option indeed! Whatever you do, don't stick with the mouse or keyboard for viewing but get a (decent) head tracking device. ;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.