Essential patches/mods for GTR2 running on (strictly offline) WinXP

Hello,
as someone who runs, besides the actual machine (AMD Ryzen7 3700X, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32GB with Linux/Win10 DualBoot ) also a couple of older computers including a 486 with DOS, a Super Socket 7 AMD K6-2+ running Win98SE and some more, i got some questions.
I'm totally new with racing games and i need some (a lot of ;)) advise from you.
Ok, my GTR 2 (version is 1.1.) is installed from DVD and running on a WinXP machine with all available updates, patches etc and the following specs: Socket 775, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400, AMD HD 5870, 4GB Ram, Boot SSD etc. .
As a wheel i'm using my old Microsoft Sidewinder FF Wheel which works as expected.
This computer is not supposed to be online.
What kind of mods i would prefer?
Sports car racing from the 60ies and 70ies - Porsche 917/908, Ford GT40 etc. GT classes including modern GT3/4 and just some like the Renault Cup. I'm not interested in Formula 1 or Indycar or Nascar.
I already downloaded the 10th Anniversary patch. And the NoCD patch
What patches and mods are you advising me to install on that WinXP computer?

Greetings
hjanko

Last edited:
Hello,
as someone who runs, besides the actual machine (AMD Ryzen7 3700X, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32GB with Linux/Win10 DualBoot ) also a couple of older computers including a 486 with DOS, a Super Socket 7 AMD K6-2+ running Win98SE and some more, i got some questions.
I'm totally new with racing games and i need some (a lot of ;)) advise from you.
Ok, my GTR 2 (version is 1.1.) is installed from DVD and running on a WinXP machine with all available updates, patches etc and the following specs: Socket 775, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400, AMD HD 5870, 4GB Ram, Boot SSD etc. .
As a wheel i'm using my old Microsoft Sidewinder FF Wheel which works as expected.
This computer is not supposed to be online.
What kind of mods i would prefer?
Sports car racing from the 60ies and 70ies - Porsche 917/908, Ford GT40 etc. GT classes including modern GT3/4 and just some like the Renault Cup. I'm not interested in Formula 1 or Indycar or Nascar.
I already downloaded the 10th Anniversary patch. And the NoCD patch
What patches and mods are you advising me to install on that WinXP computer?

Greetings
hjanko
Hi hjanko, great to hear your sim racing on an old machine. I have often thought about trying this. I would try installing the Power & Glory mod for some 60's and 70's gt car goodness.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 24.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.3%