Eracing Mega+ Kit Review

I had looked at motion many times before and always wanted to take that step but budget was a factor. I first tried a Next Level V3 and it was ok worked well but quickly developed some huge slack in the gears meaning when racing the seat moved back when braking hard. This happened within a week or so and got worse so ended up returning it.

Though the seat mover was ok but full motion was the aim. I considered sourcing all the parts for the SFX 100 myself but was put off by the extra work and waiting it would involve along with potential costly mistakes in constructing. I then found E Racing labs kit and it came In at reasonable price. After several emails back and forth with questions I ordered the RS Mega + Kit. The customer service up to this point had been on point and all questions answered quickly and concisely.

A few days after placing my order I received a call from the owner of E racing labs explaining there had been a website problem and they were not able to see my order until now and this was the reason for the delay. To be honest I did not expect anything to happen within a few days considering they are on the other side of the world but the call was welcomed.

A day later I received both tracking numbers for the actuators and another for the motors and servo drivers. One coming from E racing and one direct form the motor factory.

The actuators arrived 3 Days later via DHL and I have an £80 import to pay which was good value. The motors arrived after 7 days, there was a 1 day delay in Korea and unfortunately the UPS incompetence caused one in the UK. They were due Friday 18th Aug for delivery, waited in all day only to get a text at 5pm saying a delivery attempt had been made at 2pm and no-one was available????? A total lie as I was in all day but anyway they arrived on the following Monday and I had an £88 charge to pay, again happy with this.

All of the kit is very high quality and well packaged.I had damage to some pins on one of the DB25 cables and within 24 hours a replacement was on its way, again excellent response and service.
The kit was easy to fit to my Sim lab GT1 Evo and took a few nights to get it all connected and the servos mounted in the Server cabinet. I also made a master switch with an EMI filter installed. All the cables are shielded and I have had not had any problems with EMI. All drivers are preconfigured so it is truly plug and play.

All the cables for the servos and power are terminated well and of a high quality. I purchases sim racing studio and jumped straight into ACC at brands hatch. The first thing I noticed is the defaults in SRS are way too much so I dialled them down and instantly it came to life. What a game changer for me. The only setting up I had to do was in SRS to tell it the number of actuators and position.

Spent many hours tweaking the settings in SRS to get it feeling good and have to say this is probably the best investment I have made in my rig.

I have got to commend Eracing labs for the customer support and delivery all was excellent.

Is it worth the money, hell yes definitely!!!! If you have been on the fence about motion go for it it is worth every penny.

IMG_2014.JPGIMG_2015.JPGIMG_2016.JPGIMG_2017.JPGIMG_2018.JPGIMG_2019.JPGIMG_2020.JPG

Thanks CasLad1972. Really useful as I am just thinking of going back to racing after many years - I have been out of it for so long that I am basically a reborn newbie.

Excuse what is almost certainly a stupid question - what exactly is in the box shown in IMG_2018 and IMG_2019 and is it included in the kit RS Ultimate or RS Mega + all-in-one kits? The reason I ask is that nothing similar to your pictures is included in the pictures on the RS Ultimate or RS Mega kit pages on the eracing-lab com website.

I am also in the UK and so your comments about import duty is very important to me too. When I click through the sales page, the shipping costs for RS Ultimate with Active Belt is $1022! That feels like they are including the duty but that does not make sense if you were having to pay again. I have this fear that I purchase what I think I can just about afford and then get hit with a 20% VAT and 25% Import Duty on top.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks CasLad1972. Really useful as I am just thinking of going back to racing after many years - I have been out of it for so long that I am basically a reborn newbie.

Excuse what is almost certainly a stupid question - what exactly is in the box shown in IMG_2018 and IMG_2019 and is it included in the kit RS Ultimate or RS Mega + all-in-one kits? The reason I ask is that nothing similar to your pictures is included in the pictures on the RS Ultimate or RS Mega kit pages on the eracing-lab com website.

I am also in the UK and so your comments about import duty is very important to me too. When I click through the sales page, the shipping costs for RS Ultimate with Active Belt is $1022! That feels like they are including the duty but that does not make sense if you were having to pay again. I have this fear that I purchase what I think I can just about afford and then get hit with a 20% VAT and 25% Import Duty on top.

Cheers

Dave
The unit in the pictures you mention does not come with the kit, its a network cabinet that I use to house the drivers. Keeps things tidy and safe. This was about £70 I believe.

I paid about $400 shipping I assume the extra is for the active belt kit.. To be fair the 2 boxes I got sent weighed in excess of 25kg each so coming from china dont think its bad.
Shipping something this heavy half way round the world is I am afraid expensive.
As in said I only paid £80 per parcel for import and VAT. They came from different places so were shipped and billed separate ragging the charges.

Motors came direct from factory and the actuators from Eracing.

Hope this helps, any questions please ask away.

Thanks

Is it known why the ERacing Lab website is not working in the EU?
It automatically uploads the Dbox to me. This is terribly annoying to me and I don't know how to get around it.
Is there any contact with eRacing Lab, maybe it is worth to write there, possibly some other site where you can purchase their product?

Is it known why the ERacing Lab website is not working in the EU?
It automatically uploads the Dbox to me. This is terribly annoying to me and I don't know how to get around it.
Is there any contact with eRacing Lab, maybe it is worth to write there, possibly some other site where you can purchase their product?

I know they have restrictions on some countries. Poland? Here is their email to contact them about it:
info@eRacing-Lab.com

Last edited:
Yes I come from Poland. Thanks for the email, I already wrote to them.

The space I have is definitely not enough, but maybe in some miraculous way I could fit it all in the room.
Another thing is how this device is noisy , next to the Rig I have a bed in which my wife sleeps.
I wonder if she will continue to be able to sleep peacefully while I play.
I intend to minimize any movement, maybe then the whole set will be more tolerable to the ears and no one will pay attention to it. Haha.

Yes I come from Poland. Thanks for the email, I already wrote to them.

The space I have is definitely not enough, but maybe in some miraculous way I could fit it all in the room.
Another thing is how this device is noisy , next to the Rig I have a bed in which my wife sleeps.
I wonder if she will continue to be able to sleep peacefully while I play.
I intend to minimize any movement, maybe then the whole set will be more tolerable to the ears and no one will pay attention to it. Haha.

I doubt if she could sleep in the same house with a motion platform in operation. Even if you place the platform on vibration absorbing pads, they do make some noise by themselves (leadscrew and rollers).

On this video I included only the raw audio from the camera's directional microphone to hear how similar is the noise on two of the most popular actuators around... That was actually take two, after I placed them on a sheet of soft Styrofoam, to exclude the vibration noise against the wooden surface of the bench (at which my wife showed up wondering if I was demolishing the garage...):

But beyond the worst case noise they make on the video above, which would be if you are doing something like rollover crashing in the game, they are usually much more silent and more smooth if you keep driving on the tarmac... and there are extra noise reduction parameters on the Thanos controller to smooth them out further by using the servomotor as dumper aid (Pulse filter):

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea