engine-crane

Apps engine-crane 0.3.2

Login or Register an account to download this content

zephyrj_15

Premium
Crashes when hitting swap data if automation is in beta.
It dose create a new car in assetto when i hit swap and it crashes but motor data dose not transfer

Last edited:
messing around with things. 100% works on a kunos car. Dose not work on a car ive made physics and 3d model wise. Not sure why. Not using a data.acd on said car. nothing is encrypted

Hi there, thanks for letting me know.

In the directory that you run engine-crane in there should be a engine-crane.log file. Could you attach that file and I can have a look through.

Also if the cars you are trying to swap into are available to download somewhere could you send me the link to them? I can try them out after work this evening

Hi there, thanks for letting me know.

In the directory that you run engine-crane in there should be a engine-crane.log file. Could you attach that file and I can have a look through.

Also if the cars you are trying to swap into are available to download somewhere could you send me the link to them? I can try them out after work this evening
its lot letting me attach the log file. i could probably copy and paste the entire thing somewhere. I have tried using the swap on a few cars of different packs and end up with same results. seems like kunos cars have 0 issues and any mod car its not happening.

Could you give me an example of one of the mods it doesn't work? I'll download it, try it out and see if I can fix it.

Alternatively you could raise an issue on the project page on GitHub where you should be able to upload the log.

Hello, i'm having the same issue that Tim was having. It was working fine before, but i suspect it has something to do with Automation updates. Anything i can currently do about it, or do i just have to wait? (I changed the format of the .log file.)

Attachments

• engine_crane.txt
    13.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Hello, i'm having the same issue that Tim was having. It was working fine before, but i suspect it has something to do with Automation updates. Anything i can currently do about it, or do i just have to wait? (I changed the format of the .log file.)
Nevermind. The formula agile mod just wasn't working with it, i'll go look for a different mod or car.

Nevermind. The formula agile mod just wasn't working with it, i'll go look for a different mod or car.
Hi, I'm not sure why the Formula Agile mod would cause a problem. I've tested swapping engines into the Formula Agile in the past without seeing any issues. As you say, perhaps a new Automation update is causing something to go wrong - I will investigate this evening.

I took a look through the log you sent and the output doesn't show any issues for the car "bo_caterham_academy_test1" did the program exit when you pressed the swap button?

Hi, I'm not sure why the Formula Agile mod would cause a problem. I've tested swapping engines into the Formula Agile in the past without seeing any issues. As you say, perhaps a new Automation update is causing something to go wrong - I will investigate this evening.

I took a look through the log you sent and the output doesn't show any issues for the car "bo_caterham_academy_test1" did the program exit when you pressed the swap button?
For the Caterham, it worked completely fine, no crashes. That also happend to be the first car i swapped. I had swapped 10 other cars (All the ford spec racer) before for my own testing, but only the Formula Agile caused the application to exit/crash. Ive swapped the Tatuus and the Ford Spec Racer again since then, and they both worked completely fine (Though the Tatuus was having some issues with naming).

For the Caterham, it worked completely fine, no crashes. That also happend to be the first car i swapped. I had swapped 10 other cars (All the ford spec racer) before for my own testing, but only the Formula Agile caused the application to exit/crash. Ive swapped the Tatuus and the Ford Spec Racer again since then, and they both worked completely fine (Though the Tatuus was having some issues with naming).
I've just tried the Formula Agile and it worked for me with both an NA and turbo engine. I'm using the latest openbeta version of Automation LCV 4.2.32 in case that differs to what you're trying? Also the latest v 0.1.9 of engine-crane.

If you manage to reproduce the error again could you send me the log file immediately after it occurs? I'll investigate the crash

I've just tried the Formula Agile and it worked for me with both an NA and turbo engine. I'm using the latest openbeta version of Automation LCV 4.2.32 in case that differs to what you're trying? Also the latest v 0.1.9 of engine-crane.

If you manage to reproduce the error again could you send me the log file immediately after it occurs? I'll investigate the crash
Will do. I'll retry it in a bit.
EDIT: No issues this time. Not exactly sure why though, as i did exactly the same thing before. Any idea what could have caused it? Using windows 10 btw.

Last edited:
i had to re install everything on my pc as i did a wipe. This app wont work at all for me anymore :(

1668362346408.png

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes