"Enable Post-Processing Effects" causes game to crash

Mr. Malarkey

Premium
This week I had to reinstall my Win10 OS. Had to reinstall Steam and AC, but since my AC content folder is on another drive I was able to keep things the same. However, this morning as I was playing, the game started crashing. After investigating all day long, I finally determined that when I turned off all post-processing effects (in CM under the AC video settings), everything worked ok. Turn the post-processing back on, and it went back to crashing. I can use the post-processing during replays and everything works fine.

Can anyone help?

For PPFs, I've got the latest versions of Sol, Inmersive Natural, and the Natural Mod. (I've also got Reshade, and can't figure out how to uninstall it to see if it is somehow responsible, but I have turned it off.) Using CSP 1.68, but I've also tried everything above that and they all have the same problem. Can't go lower and still use Sol.

I've also got my AC main folder on a different drive than the rest of my programs. But I notice that in the programs folder many of the files are repeated. Probably due to the reinstall. Could this be causing the problem?

Attachments

• AC Folders.jpg
    AC Folders.jpg
    920 KB · Views: 114
SOLVED

I decided to delete everything and start over from scratch. I put aside my old content folder, Documents/AC folder, and Appdata/Local/AC Content Manager folder. Then uninstalled everything - CM, CSP, Sol, AC, and Steam, and deleted all the remaining folders. Started over reinstalling everything, and put my tracks and cars, and some of my presets (the ones I wanted to keep) back in their respective folders. So far everything is working smoothly.

My only guess is that when I reinstalled Steam and AC the first time after my Windows reinstall, I accidentally reinstalled AC to the C:/ drive, when I had intended to install it to my H:/ (games) drive. Since I hadn't deleted all the stuff on H, there were two sets of files and they were conflicting with each other.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back