Being the curious sort, I like to know exactly where it is I'm driving in rally games. Rallymaps is great for that, of course - if said roads have been used in actual rallies!

Three of the five fictional rallies in EA Sports™ WRC (Mediterraneo, Pacifico, Scandia) as well as two of the licenced rallies (Mexico and Chile) don't seem to use established rally stages at all - opting instead to use unique layouts based on actual roads in the locations featured. Of note are Portugal and Sardegna, which are at least partial matches of real stages - but use other roads too.

More out of a need to satisfy my own personal curiosity than anything else, and inspired by the awesome work of Case_ for DiRT Rally 2.0, I decided to re-create the stages in Google Maps - and figured I may as well share the results in case there's anyone out there as curious as I am!

I hope these maps are at the very least interesting, and possibly even useful for organising your own rallies in EA WRC!

Rallye Monte-Carlo
Stage map

Rally Sweden
Stage map

Guanajuato Rally Mexico
Stage map

Croatia Rally
Stage map

Vodafone Rally de Portugal
Stage map

Rally Italia Sardegna
Stage map

Safari Rally Kenya
Stage map

Rally Estonia
Stage map

Secto Rally Finland
Stage map

EKO Acropolis Rally Greece
Stage map

Bio Bío Rally Chile
Stage map

Central European Rally
Stage map

Forum8 Rally Japan
Stage map

Agon by AOC Rally Pacifico (Indonesia)
Stage map

Rally Mediterraneo (France)
Stage map

Fanatec Rally Oceania (New Zealand)
Stage map

Rally Scandia (Norway)
Stage map

Rally Iberia (Spain)
Stage map

Last edited:
There's some useful tools people have already cobbled together, though making champs using it is still more of an easter egg hunt that I'd like. If the spreadsheet also included elevation data (even simple up/down) it would have most of what's needed. Here's what I've been using so far though:

npiipo's google maps with all the stages placed in the real world, no info aside from long stage names but you can zoom in to see them all
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/v...-3.81666561775622e-14,-13.415026439044198&z=1

I forgot the dude's name on the EA/DiRTY Discord but he spent 40 hours compiling this spreadsheet version that has also has the game pics of all the stages, so you can figure out how all the segmented shorter stages properly connect.

What I would love is to use both of these along with elevation data to make the wrc version of this dr2 gem:
https://www.dirtrallytracks.com/ (left/right arrows cycle through locations)

Yeah, having the segments of the stages and how they relate is important. The one with the easy overview lacks the information and the spreadsheet version has it but is tedious to gleen it from, though it too is missing the vital elevation information.

My guess is npiipo will add the missing details to his world map version as we move forward though, he hosts JRC which is a pretty big league and information like this is vital to making cohesive championships vs the random grab bag variety the game encourages.

I really like the DiRT RALLY 2.0 version someone made, it's streamlined and has all the relevant information all in one place, including elevation data. Knowing which go uphill vs downhill is not a trivial detail when creating championships!

Yeah, having the segments of the stages and how they relate is important. The one with the easy overview lacks the information and the spreadsheet version has it but is tedious to gleen it from, though it too is missing the vital elevation information.

My guess is npiipo will add the missing details to his world map version as we move forward though, he hosts JRC which is a pretty big league and information like this is vital to making cohesive championships vs the random grab bag variety the game encourages.

I really like the DiRT RALLY 2.0 version someone made, it's streamlined and has all the relevant information all in one place, including elevation data. Knowing which go uphill vs downhill is not a trivial detail when creating championships!
That was my rationale in making the maps; I couldn't find any ones that showed stage splits - which as you mention are really useful for making cohesive rallies!

I hadn't realised those other maps existed though; some very nice data in those indeed. I might go back and add a few facts to the descriptions of the stages, but mostly I wanted to illustrate rather than describe.

Very nice to see Indonesia can be mapped, I was really struggling with that one - it feels sometimes like EA/Codies just took a bulldozer to the landscape somewhat with where the roads would need to go!

Great resource!

I wonder if information about which stages in the game actually have a modelled road surface could be added? Kenya does. But seemingly most of the loose surface rallies are just smooth ribbons painted with digital gravel or snow. I suspect even the tarmac stages are not using any laser scanned or even manual road surface modelling. I am also not sure if this will ever be updated by EA? Maybe if the game had been released without so many other problems, they might have got around to upgrading all the stages to the level of Safari.

OP updated; now includes Estonia and Finland! (Apologies for it just being these two, I just started a new job and haven't had the time I'd have liked to make more maps yet. I'll continue to make the rest of them as and when I can!)

Great resource!

I wonder if information about which stages in the game actually have a modelled road surface could be added? Kenya does.

Kenya certainly is a lot of fun with the undulations and how rough the terrain is! Monaco in the winter has some patchy ice too (not as much as in DiRT Rally 2, but then again more recent Montes have been warmer with less ice, so this new route probably reflects that).

I agree some routes are a little smooth for what their reputations say of them (Greece has some large rocks on the sides of the road, but the routes are quite clean) - but I suppose that might change as stage degradation increases.

Central European Rally has been completed and added to the OP!

The last location to map is Indonesia, which was actually the first one I started(!) This might take a few days since it's been giving me trouble, but I hope to have it done before the week is over.

Once all locations have been mapped, I plan to gradually refine the accuracy of the roads, and try to add additional data for each stage (ie. elevation change).

Last edited:
This might take a few days
It did not! Indonesia complete and added to OP - meaning all stages have now been mapped!

As per above I now intend to refine what I have so far, and try and add some more details. I might even compile them all into one big Google Earth atlas and release that publicly - see if anyone can make any use out of that :)

It did not! Indonesia complete and added to OP - meaning all stages have now been mapped!

As per above I now intend to refine what I have so far, and try and add some more details. I might even compile them all into one big Google Earth atlas and release that publicly - see if anyone can make any use out of that :)
As an organizer (Expert Historic Club) it would definitely be helpful to have them all in 1 map but more importantly have the different segments highlighted/named accordingly so you can see how they link together.

Another useful detail would be to include a + or - after each stage name to denote whether they are uphill or downhill. As of now I'm still using bits of 3 different sets of tools for this stuff (inc yours) but none have elevation change data.

but more importantly have the different segments highlighted/named accordingly so you can see how they link together.

They are though?

1706311968175.png

Some are some aren't, was trying to encourage Cosmo to carry on cause it's pretty important information for making championships that aren't just haphazard collections of random stages.

As of now none have a + or - or any way to determine whether they're uphill or downhill, another key detail for planning events with a little more strategy plus easier for accuracy if replicating historic events like we do in my club :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.