Duplicated Drivers

Dear All,
I´ve installed the F1 1991 mod in GTR2 and it´s great, but I´m always having duplicated AI drivers on the races....for example 2x Ayrton Senna, 2x Nigel Mansell, etc, even if I reduce the number of AI Drivers to minimum or less, I´m always having duplicated AI drivers.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Much appreciated.

Dear All,
I´ve installed the F1 1991 mod in GTR2 and it´s great, but I´m always having duplicated AI drivers on the races....for example 2x Ayrton Senna, 2x Nigel Mansell, etc, even if I reduce the number of AI Drivers to minimum or less, I´m always having duplicated AI drivers.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Much appreciated.

You have duplicate talent files for those drivers somewhere. GTR2 will find talent files anywhere in the install (we put them in a "talent" folder merely for our convenience), also the game reads the name in the file, not the filename, so you could have driver_A.rcd with the name "John Dough" inside, the game will register John Dough. The game gets the driver name from the .car file, then looks for an .rcd file with that name (both files are simple txt files, open/edit with notepad.) , if it finds multiples you can get clones in a race.

If you have two mods with Ayrton Senna, change one to A Senna (in car file and rcd file).

A follow up, this is not an issue I encounter often so forgot. If you have more cars selected for a race than the mod contains the game will duplicate cars to fill the field. For example, if your mod contains 16 cars and you have specified 20 on the race screen, the game will duplicate four cars.

Easy to notice .... when choosing the number of cars for a race in menu .... as soon as the number exceeds the number of cars in the mod ( or mods ) the number of drivers turns .... red.

True, but also easily overlooked if you switch series/mods without specifically checking everything again (not that I would ever do so of course, lol).

Another thing is to check and make sure that there are not multiples of the same driver name for each car.

I've installed mods where the same driver name shows up because two cars in the mod have used the same driver name.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 56 36.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 90 58.4%