FM4 DTM World Cup S1

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
DTMWC%20Banner.png

Welcome to the DTM World Cup, this is for licenced members only and will follow the official RD rules.

Cars: DTM German Touring Cars (A4 DTM, C-Class DTM, ABT TT-R, Astra V8)
Assists:
TCS (Traction control system): Banned
ABS (Anti-lock braking): Banned
STM (Stability Management): Banned
Racing/brake line: Allowed
Gearbox: Auto, Manual, Manual with Clutch: Allowed

Upgrades: All Cars up to R2 875
Setup: Allowed

Drivers: 16 Max allowed

Info
  • Race meetings will consist of a qualifying session and feature race that consists of a number of laps aimed to be approximately 55 minutes in length with four longer endurance races of an 85 minute length mixed in.
  • Races will be awarded points as per BTCC system with winner scoring 20 points. Clarification below.
  • On normal feature races each player will be required to make at least one pit-stop with two pit-stops required for endurance races.
  • Pole-sitter scores an extra point.
  • Lobby will open at 8.15pm (UK Time) to allow for any connection issues.
  • Qualifying begins promptly at 8.30 (UK) - anyone not joining in time will be able to start from the back of the grid.
  • Qualifying is a 5 lap race with 10 second gap between starts, winner is best certified time.
  • Damage will be off for this series as Forza has incorrectly modelled the penalty on aero for these cars, however extra attention will be paid to people who treat their and other peoples' cars as anything but the beautiful and fragile machines that they are.
  • There will be a Teams' Championship in addition to the Drivers' Championship. There is also a prize fund for each championship with a minimum of 10 million XP in each kitty. Prizes for Teams' Championship are shared equally between both teammates.
  • Events are bi-weekly on Monday nights.
  • There will be a stewards' room and this will be manned by the 1st, 8th, and last placed points scorers based on the previous round's standings. If any of these people are one of the drivers under investigation the next position down (or ahead in the case of the last placed person) will assume stewardship for the incident in question. Incidents will be investigated upon referral to the Stewards Room thread. If your defence in a situation is that you did not see a car in your blind spot it is imperative that you save the replay so the stewards can examine your in-car view.
  • There is a success ballast in this series where the top 4 drivers in the overall championship table will run with -5% grip for both races and qualifying.
  • For the Driver's championship standings there will be two drop rounds where your two worst results from the season will be removed. This can serve to alleviate having to miss rounds due to other commitments or to forgive you for bad results in a long season.
1st 20
2nd 17
3rd 15
4th 13
5th 11
6th 10
7th 9
8th 8
9th 7
10th 6
11th 5
12th 4
13th 3
14th 2
15th 1

Pole 1

Race Calendar

Round 1
Date: 23 April
Track: Twin Ring Motegi Full (2.98mi)
Laps: 29
Time: 8.30pm (UK Time)

Round 2
Date: 7 May
Track: Sunset Peninsula Full (2.78mi)
Laps:39

Round 3
Date: 21 May
Track: Circuit de Catalunya GP Circuit (2.89mi)
Laps: 31

Round 4
Date: 4 June
Track: Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe Full (8.48mi) Endurance
Laps: 22

Round 5
Date: 25 June
Track: Silverstone Grand Prix (3.19mi)
Laps: 31

Round 6
Date: 2 July
Track: Nürburgring Nordschleife Full (12.90mi) Endurance
Laps:

Round 7
Date: 16 July
Track: Laguna Seca Full (2.24mi)
Laps:

Round 8
Date: 30 July
Track: Indianapolis Grand Prix (2.60mi)
Laps:

Round 9
Date: 13 August
Track: Sebring International Full (2.78mi) Endurance
Laps:

Round 10
Date: 27 August
Track: Mugello Autodromo Full (3.26mi)
Laps:

Round 11
Date: 17 September
Track: Nürburgring Grand Prix Full (3.22mi)
Laps:

Round 12
Date: 1 October
Track: Road America Full (4.05mi)
Laps:

Round 13
Date: 15 October
Track: Infineon Raceway Long (2.52mi)
Laps:

Round 14
Date: 29 October
Track: Road Atlanta Full (2.54mi)
Laps:

Round 15
Date: 12 November
Track: Suzuka Full (3.61mi) Endurance
Laps: 44 Laps, 2x pitstop minimum

Round 16
Date: 26 November
Track: Hockenheimring Full (2.84mi)
Laps:

How do I signup?
Please use the following template
Name on RD:
Gamertag:
Car you will be driving:

Player Car Numbers
Drivers who competed in the DTM North America Cup event will wear the numbers they earned from their finishing position in that series. New entrants will be assigned numbers from 15 onwards on a first-come, first-served basis.

Reserved Numbers

1 - Karl Raper - Raper Racing
2 - Chris Bell - Campana Racing Team
3 - Steve Freeman - Machine Freaks
4 - Dan Smith - Team 1
5 - Mike Raper - AMR Racing
6 - Mark Turner - BM Motorsport
7 - Tom Moreno - Campana Racing Team
8 - Alexander Macdonald - AMR Racing
9 - Paulo Ribeiro - Rubber Racing
10 - Bradley Capps-Jenner - BM Motorsport
11 - Andrew Skinner - Raper Racing
12 - Wayne Thomas - Machine Freaks
13 - Adrian Gibson - Rubber Racing
14 - Ryan Sylvester - Team 3
15 - Joe Lund - Team 1

Signed Up -

1 - Karl Raper - Raper Racing
2 - Chris Bell - Campana Racing Team
3 - Steve Freeman - Machine Freaks
4 - Dan Smith - Team 1
5 - Mike Raper - AMR Racing
6 - Mark Turner - BM Motorsport
7 - Tom Moreno - Campana Racing Team
8 - Alexander Macdonald - AMR Racing
10 - Bradley Capps-Jenner
11 - Andrew Skinner - Raper Racing
12 - Wayne Thomas - Machine Freaks
13 - Alex Townsend - ZeroRisk
16 - Tony Holder - Maxlength72

Reserve

Have switched to manual w/o clutch, adjusted accel, hitting 1:13 fairly regularly. Still not smooth through corners and that's what's killing me for that 1 second. Sticking with my Merc but I feel the Audi has a better balance, twisted logic I know.

Is damage on?

Tale of 2 races for me last night!
Firstly well done Chris, looked like a great scrap with Karl!. Great win mate. Also well Done Dan, great win n great pace you had in race 2,.take it you had bad damage in race 1.
Race 1 for me bit lonely really, kept up with Chris n Karl for a while then a couple of schoolboy errors put me to far behind to challenge finished 3rd.
Race 2, traffic slow through turn 3 lap 1, didn't anticipate Karl braking so much and hit him up the rear, Soz Karl! and more importantly Soz for the Damage you received, the contact wasn't much but the aero damage I received was ridiculous! Handling was a joke. That's the only problem I find with the DTMS, 1 slight tap and it will cost you dearly, oh well, my own doing! Hope for a better performance nxt round.
Well done to all drivers, let's hope for more on the grid nxt round.

OOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Had no testing before event, came in qualified 7th.
Then had a good start got past the wheel spinning Wayne, and was behind Mark and co, then going through the underpass the was a crash leading to a red flag.
Second race again got past Wayne at the start, then was right behind Mark into 130R, and let off. I held back to see what would happen. Mark and Dan both went off and I was up to fourth. I got a slipstream off Steve going and lined up for an overtake round 130R, but I wisely backed out. From then on it was my own race until lap 11 came around, and the dreaded lag came again. I was coming round to lap Mark's car, and then it started to glitch everywhere. Then disaster it went inside of me ha, and I got orange engine damage, red areo damage all around and all the other components went kaput. Race over once again due to lag. I check my speed afterwards and it was 29kbs!!! Oh well it was good while it lasted!

Finished both races and the second one with rear and front aero damage!

R1 pretty much on Toms tail for the whole race, got 5th.

Now here's the thing. I switched to manual without clutch and normal steering. Not 100% sure but I think normal steering helps you drive more easily with damage ...... I used to drive simulation in this series and any aero meant I was all over the shop (controller) so race over. An early buttkiss from Karl gave me a little aero damage so started driving (over) cautiously in case I lost it completely. All that happened in R2 was an error out of spoons(?) where I swung left and kissed the wall, Andrew just missed me as he came around afterwards, this damaged my car even more - about 20% aero I think. Just continued to drive but got a little more confident and pushed on. Managed to get past Andrew and Steve who both had damage/offs. Can't remember how much damage I got in previous series but do feel that NORMAL helped me in this case.

My biggest plus I already mentioned in first sentence - finishing.

Wayne, damage is on (though I'd be happy to switch it off in an instant!!), Dan- we should have ten for tonight. I don't understand why people are so put off by the DTMs?! They're such good fun. Challenging, but still lots of fun.

My biggest worry was that I was about 6 seconds a lap slower than people, It is not much fun when you're racing yourself and just waiting to move out of the way for people (don't know how HRT do it every week, although the $$$ they get must help!). sometimes get a race with Andrew S, but he encounters problems so normally im on my own lol!

Although I have read how people have been using normal steering instead of simulation and it helps them, I might try it tonight before the Clio race to see how i get on. If i feel an improvement and im a little closer to the pack then I will look at doing a race or two with you to see how I get on.

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect to be winning races, but being a little closer to the pack and I would be a happy camper, I actually felt more in control when the cars we stock lol! I also know it is practice related (My civic results pleased me, and that's through practicing). but im so way behind in the practice, as you all have done a series using these cars/understanding them and also being faster drivers in most cases. so it is a massive hill to climb..

It is a tall order ry and very difficult especially racing against the people on here coz there so good!!! I tend to find myself on my own too, my hot laps are on par with Karl and Dan at times but their consistancy kills me, usually i have Steve amd Mark to battle with but sometimes im in no mans land times wise and it does get a lil boring, it was the same on f1 but i was always in that no mans land!!

I would be tempted to join in this series, I couldn't make last night though and if there are spaces I might Join in the next race if that would be ok. I'm missing tinkering with setups a bit so this would be good, plus I love all the asia tracks.

Re: being in no mans land - I found my self in this position in SCWC a few times, but loved driving the car sooo much - wasn't an issue

It is a tall order ry and very difficult especially racing against the people on here coz there so good!!! I tend to find myself on my own too, my hot laps are on par with Karl and Dan at times but their consistancy kills me, usually i have Steve amd Mark to battle with but sometimes im in no mans land times wise and it does get a lil boring, it was the same on f1 but i was always in that no mans land!!

hmm.. yeah in F1 I am normally not too far away from a couple of people so at least it is semi-close!

Think this is why I loved the civic races as it was close right through the field.

But I will give the normal driving a try and see how it feels :)

Well that was a fsntastic event for me well happy!! :D

Quali managed a 1.11.3 which wasnt my fastest time but good enough for 2nd

Got off the line well and passed Karl through 130r bit there was a red flag

Restart went well held position followed Karl through 130r and into turn 2 Karl locked up sending him wide and i was through, knew i didnt have the pace to pull away so began the 25min defence!! Kept my driving as clean as poss making simure i had good traction out of corners especially the hairpins!! Was loosing time in the degna corners but knew if i took a wide entry into degna 2 id have the traction to prevent a dive up the inside at the hairpin, made sure of the apex in the hairpin again to avoid being undercut! Had a couple of moments as the laps went on, on lap 12ish i went wide on the exit of turn 2 allowing Karl the inside! Defended hard maybe a lil too hard after watching the replay as didnt really give Karl room, sorry for tht but tht was it no more mistakes and held off until the end, very happy!!

R2 was another good race for me!! Started from the back held off at 130r and turn 2 to avoid contact, followed karl through a couple of passes then Tom Dan Karl and Me pulled a lil gap out, Dan and Tom looked to be having a good battle on lap 3ish karl went wide inyo the entry of spoon and that allowed me through! Dan got passed Tom, i was behind Tom for around a lap looking for a way through, The team orders came in and i was allowed through at turn 2, thanks again Tom!! Unfortunatley Dan was well on hos way by this time and R1 had taken alot out of me as i couldnt get the consistancy back so just tried managing the gap to the cars behind to bring it home for 2nd

Great start for Campana!! Hope we can keep it up :)

Race 1: LOL. Got hit from Mark at Turn 2, Lap 1. Caused enough damage to keep the rear of the car sliding at every opportunity.
Race 2: YAY. I just went for it, still frustrated from the first race, I just hounded everyone I could until I had the lead. Think I may have been a bit too aggressive at times, so apologies to anyone who felt this.

All in all nice to get a win, but should have come away with much more points.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.