DTM Experience: Real touring car sport on the PC

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

DTM Experience: Real touring car sport on the PC

For more than 5 years, DTM-fans and race-gamers have been waiting for a new game based on the most popular international touring car series. On December 5 2013 DTM Experience will be released exclusively for PC. Find the full list of content in the press release below.

DTM Experience is crafted with a 100% focus on authenticity, recreating the real drivers, teams as well as the tracks and cars from the DTM season 2013. Responsible for the development of DTM Experience on behalf of DTM...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator:
Not impressed of this so I'll pass. Maybe I'll get back to this when 2014 edition is released, if they get the price right. Lack of content and features makes this too expensive imo. There's better deals out there right now.

I am still not sure.. With this, you will also get the 2014 edition, so basically, it is not really expensive.

You do get 3 of the most fun cars to drive around (DTM drives awesome), and 9 very well made and high detailed tracks. I have seen more expensive games, with less content. But I do agree, its pricy for what you get....

Lets hope the hype will continue till then :)

• Mikko Lashay

I find most important how well something is made, not so much the quantity of the content. A DTM sim has been long-awaited and wished and requested and moded, so I can imagine that it has a huge community already. We can only have as much content as the official championship so for purchase I would think like how qualitative it is and how crowded is going to be online.

Also going to wait with purchase. A real shame as i love DTM... The content looks great but the omission of key stuff, most importantly online racing, makes a purchase hard to motivate. Also, the descision to go with Starforce aggressive DRM doesn't help.

Even more sad considering i love SimBin as a whole, and own many titles and DLC from before.

yet again the starforce question ... this is not starforce of old , no drivers no this or that ... people complained that people were cheating doing this or that , so simbin find a solution so that you cant cheat , and that involves communication between your pc and server and that that is using a modern type (MMO) starforce protection , somewhere between a punk buster ... so it stops people doing certain things while the game is running ... at this point i say weldone for that , i know that when mp appears ill be racing someone not a bag of code tricks etc ....

As for the DTM game , it is ITR property , its publicity , it is it calling the shots not simbin as far as i understand ... so maybe a quick email to them aswell

Andi

As per Andi; Simbin is just the developer, not the publisher. Blame the publisher for the lack of time to integrate MP.
I'm sure it will come, as will pitstops, pitgirls (;)) and the typical post-release fixes.

no-one says you have to buy it today, or at all. Just sit tight and see how the game progresses. I've been bitten too many times with pre-release/day of release purchases so i always wait to see how things pan out and the support the game gets post-release.

@Andi Goodwin

How would it cope with mods? Sounds like file modification would just crash it if it requires this online checking.

Can it cope with internet cutting out? Or is it one of those always online drms?

Also, i don't like the use of any drm software by principle, as it is offensive that someone needs to spy on my files. I'm an honest guy who spends loads of cash on simracing. If they chose to distrust me and call me a potential thief and cheater, then i am not happy...

But this is more a philosophical question on my part i guess.

But i really think that cheating is handled well by the communities as a whole, so in case of multiplayer, it would regulate itself i think. Like it does on any good league i have ever raced with.

@ Richard

dtm/r3e are on the iracing route , that is no mods/not moddable ;

as for spying on you , if that is a worry , then dont use the internet at all , with nearly every site you visit watches you and what you do ?

yes you need to be online , but then being offline with multiplayer may prove a little difficult !!

im not trying to be petty or over simplistic , but yes people do race in leagues , but a lot of others dont and as there has still been no full description of how league races would work ... ( i dont see there being a standalone server .exe going through a lobby as with race 07 ) more a (once again )"iracing-esque setup" (this is opinion not fact or any knowledge on my part )

What i see R3e trying to do is create a package were you can be involved at many levels , from racing on your own to multi , to racing leaderboard challenges etc , and ITR have bought into this and commissioned there DTM branded section , based on there needs and preferences ..

Ok we may not agree with all of the decisions or business models , but at no point are we forced into it , we can say "no" and leave it as it is , but by them choosing to build a larger sim/casual racing universe encompassing the many aspects mentioned earlier , then there is a need to protect it , to stop people having access to the internal workings as such (thus limiting the cheating possibilities that have appeared in the race 07 servers and in every gmotor based game), and a way to supervise this so that both the integrity of any competitions and public server racing can be upheld ...

sorry this is a bit long winded , but just trying to get my random thoughts and opinions in some sort of order ...

i would love a really open based simbin game , something that respected the heritage of what we league racers both want and respect , but i also understand that the world is changing and so is the industry ....

Andi

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies