DSQ after pitwindow closes

Hello everyone,
I seem to have a problem I haven’t have before.
I started a championship and the first race at Zolder gave no problems.
In the second race at Monza I was disqualified (while finishing first) for not meeting the pitstop requirements. The strange thing however is that after leaving the pits all was green and valid. But directly after the pitwindow closed I was DSQ.
The same happened at Brands Hatch.

This is quite frustrating.
Can anybody help me, is this omething I can avoid?
I couldn’t find the answer in the forum here or at AAC.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Hans

• Deleted member 197115

Hello everyone,
I seem to have a problem I haven’t have before.
I started a championship and the first race at Zolder gave no problems.
In the second race at Monza I was disqualified (while finishing first) for not meeting the pitstop requirements. The strange thing however is that after leaving the pits all was green and valid. But directly after the pitwindow closed I was DSQ.
The same happened at Brands Hatch.

This is quite frustrating.
Can anybody help me, is this omething I can avoid?
I couldn’t find the answer in the forum here or at AAC.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Hans
Is it speeding? Car should be under speed limit and in 1st gear when crossing white line enering pits.

• Deleted member 197115

No, I don’t think so.
I am very careful about that.
The message is that I have not fulfilled the requirements.
And why would I then be DSQ after closing of the pit window and not directly?
When I leave the pit everything is green.
At least for speeding it disqualifies on pit exit for violation during entry. Yeah, confusing. But you say your message is different and doesn't mention speeding, so not sure.

I tried again from a saved game.
Before pit window opens the screen says:
Mandatory 0/1
Invalid “red”
Pit window “red”
Driver swap “red”
Tyre change “red”

When the pit window opens, Driver swap becomes “green.

After pitting:
Mandatory 0/1
Valid “green”
Pit window “green”
Driver swap “green”
Tyre change”green”

Directly when pit window closes:
Mandatory 0/1
Invalid “red”
Pit window “red”
Driver swap “green”
Tyre change “green”

At the finish:
”Disqualified for ignoring mandatory pitstop”
Why??

Last edited:
I didn’t do anything, just sat there and waited to get going again.
Are you sure about fuel?
I think I read somewhere that refuelling was not allowed.
Somewhere else I read that you need to change tyres, that also doesn’t seem to happen.

The strange thing is that I wasn’t disqualified in Zolder while doing the same, or better put, by also doing nothing.

I might be a little late to the party, but if the indicator for tire change is red before you enter the pits then they won't be changed and you'll be missing that requirement for the stop.

Before race start, go into your car setup and look at the strategy section. You will be able to set your pit strategy here. Note that you can set up multiple individual strategies for subsequent stops, so make sure you are editing pit stop number 1. If everything is set correctly (change tyres and driver swap checked), then you'll see these indicated as green in the race even before the window opens. When you make your stop you should see a menu open as you enter the speed limit zone in pit row which will also show which options are checked on (you can make last second changes here). Once you stop and shut off your engine the crew will go to work, and everything should be fine.

My guess is that in the setup you had stop #1 set to only swap drivers, and stop#2 set to do both the driver and the tires. That's why you had red indicators before the first stop, but green once you left. Just my guess though.

Hello Dwight,
Thanks for your reply.
I think you are correct. I thought that tyres would be changed automatically but that doesn’t seem to be the case.
Changing pitstop strategy during pit entry is not really a good idea.

I’ll try next session organizing the pitstop before the race.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back