1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DRS bug or feature or what?

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by SeadogX, Oct 23, 2011.

1. SeadogX

SeadogX

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys!

I'm now on my 1st career season with Williams and it's already New Delhi for tonight. But I faced a very annoying problem - when I activate DRS it closes itself after a few seconds or sometimes doesn't open at all. WTF? Is it a bug or a feature like a bad rear wing or something? It happened earlier in the season in some sessions in some tracks but then disappeared pretty quickly. It happened that in races it was surely a feature when engineer told me that it was broken for a few laps (same happens to KERS in races). But I talk about practices and qualies, now in India it's nearly constant in P1 and P2 and engineer says nothing. As you understand, it totally ruins my lap time, especially on a track like Buddh with its long straights.

What I tried is to change the DRS button on a wheel but it didn't help at all (i thought it could be button that was the problem). So what shall I do and who shall I blame - Williams or Codies? :) Please help!

2. taz1004

taz1004

Ratings:
    +1
    DRS closes by itself when you put your foot off the throttle.

3. TGApples

TGApples

Ratings:
    +0
    Increase your braking dead zone. Probably your pedals are telling the game you're braking very slightly, so it's closing the DRS.

4. SeadogX

SeadogX

Ratings:
    +0
    No, it doesn't, it closes only by button or brake pedal.

Thank you so much! It looks like it helped.

5. Wojciech Grabowski

Wojciech Grabowski

Ratings:
    +8
    Brake dead zone set to around 2% will help also with slipstream effect - if deadzone is 0%, we haven't got dirty air no matter if someone is in front of us.

6. Bill Devery

Bill Devery

Ratings:
    +167
    Defo put the brake deadzone to 2% or more. You will then have slipstream and dirty air from the car in front. Your car will wash out and understeer if you are close going through a corner...it's great!! Also, if you damage your front wing you will here a wind noise now as the Aero has been rendered less efficient. :)

7. cspwnsurface

cspwnsurface

Ratings:
    +0
    Sarcasm? I have a 0% deadzone,s hould I change it 2%? I haven't heard about any sort of aero properties changing with brake deadzone.

8. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    Retired Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,152