Cars DRM Revival PART1 [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the mod and cars but using CSW V2 I have the same issue with the cars violently pulling left or right in the corners. Are you putting through a fix or can I fix in the ReelFeel? Pushing keyboard buttons is not a fix, but a BandAid.

The car names in the Reel Feel differ from the "README ReelFeel".

1. Select the car you want to drive
2. Start a season
3. enter the track and then exit the game
4. Open the Reel Feel
5. Find the new entry
6. Copy and Paste the right values from the README
7. Start the game everything should be fine
8. Make sure to back up your modified reelfeel, so you can copy and paste the enteries after an update of AMS

Maybe the creature could upload a new ReelFeel with just copy and paste entries.

Changing the reelfeel wil only adjust the wheel feedback.

To fix the engine you'll need to adjust the engine files like I explained earlier in the thread.
I managed to do that, but the Lancia Beta doesn't have an engine.ini file, unless I'm looking in the wrong place. There are two files, LANCIA_ENGINE_LEFT.ini & LANCIA_ENGINE_RIGHT.ini, neither of which contain those values. I guess the Lancia is not yet updated? Would it be sufficient to copy over those lines from another car and adjust the values?

@Gevatter Good spot.

Those are the correct files you need. I'm not quite sure why there's two versions as, at quick glance, the right and left seem identical.

I've not tested but I assume the cars will work without the added new entries. You only need to add the new values if you want the damage simulated the same as the others. You will need to add them to both .ini files.

Hello,
Very very good job, good feeling and physics.
But i have big problem with FFB.
My config : Thrustmaster TX Leather Edition... :
The FFB must be set to -100% to work ... otherwise it's seem to be falling on left or right.
And at stopped, with this setup, steering wheel seem to falling left or right.
Do you know what i mean ?

Thank You,
Nico

Hello,
Very very good job, good feeling and physics.
But i have big problem with FFB.
My config : Thrustmaster TX Leather Edition... :
The FFB must be set to -100% to work ... otherwise it's seem to be falling on left or right.
And at stopped, with this setup, steering wheel seem to falling left or right.
Do you know what i mean ?

Thank You,
Nico
It has been mentioned before (as also the remedy).
It is reverse FFB, use RealFeel: Right CTRL- numpad 8 (be sure numlock is active)

After about 4 hours of trying to get this mod to work, I finally have the BMW m1 to steer in the correct direction. It feels crappy, but it's a start. I never changed anything in the real feel file. Why do the other 5 cats not work? If the m1 is working and I didn't change anything, what is my problem?

Also, the right control + 8 did nothing. Tried it in every possible combo but it doesn't do anything. Im on the t500rs

Last edited:
The car names in the Reel Feel differ from the "README ReelFeel".

1. Select the car you want to drive
2. Start a season
3. enter the track and then exit the game
4. Open the Reel Feel
5. Find the new entry
6. Copy and Paste the right values from the README
7. Start the game everything should be fine
8. Make sure to back up your modified reelfeel, so you can copy and paste the enteries after an update of AMS

Maybe the creature could upload a new ReelFeel with just copy and paste entries.
Tried this, but there was only 1 new listing that showed up. The Capri. I put all the Capri info back into this new listing, and the Capri feels decent now. None of the other cars show up as a new listing, and they all feel exactly the same. It's like they are all on the default setting.

After about 4 hours of trying to get this mod to work, I finally have the BMW m1 to steer in the correct direction. It feels crappy, but it's a start. I never changed anything in the real feel file. Why do the other 5 cats not work? If the m1 is working and I didn't change anything, what is my problem?

Also, the right control + 8 did nothing. Tried it in every possible combo but it doesn't do anything. Im on the t500rs
Tried NUM LOCK ?

Oh yea I tried all of that. For some reason it won't let me do double controls. It always does whatever right control is mapped to, then it does whatever number pad 8 is mapped to. I'm mystified because I actually found a different solution. The "falling to the side" went away after I turned down low speed force boost or whatever it's called. I had always had it at 90, I turned it down to 0 and it works fine now. What is odd, I turned it back up to 90 and the problem didn't come back. So I really have no clue what happened.

Hey Guys....is there a patch floating around some where for this mod? As in something that fixes the motors blowing so easily in some cars? I've blown them just leaving the pits. Could be an awesome mod if I can figure out how to get that to stop.

Hey Guys....is there a patch floating around some where for this mod? As in something that fixes the motors blowing so easily in some cars? I've blown them just leaving the pits. Could be an awesome mod if I can figure out how to get that to stop.

These files are found in the ENGINE file of each vehicle:

Currently there is a figure in the engine file that is set too low that is causing instant blowups at around 9,000 rpm when many, if not all, the cars rev above that.

You can edit the line yourself using notepad to prevent the instant blowups Look for the line 'EngineInstantBlowUp=' and change it to a number above the rev limit at 'RevLimitRange='. I add 10% of the rev limit figure or 1000rpm.

If engine life is still too short but not instantly blowing up you may need to increase the value in 'EngineHyperWearMinRPM='. This is the revs at which engine damage kicks in.

If you only want to damage the engine on downshifts set this value to match the cars rev limit, a little under if you want damage simulated when hitting the redline.

I actually gave up on this modded version of the DRM. No matter what I did , I couldn't get the motors to last longer than 3 - 4 laps and that was being gentle on the throttle.On that note , I turned OFF the auto blip feature , and actually lift slightly between shifts , and it works. I played around with the FFB too , and although not perfect by any means , it worked out ok. I hope this isn't in bad taste to say this here , but the original DRM mod that was converted for GSE works pretty dang good , and I don't get any of the motors blowing up. Actually been having a blast driving that version. The original version of the DRM mod is pretty dang good anyways , so I don't understand this version.

I actually gave up on this modded version of the DRM. No matter what I did , I couldn't get the motors to last longer than 3 - 4 laps and that was being gentle on the throttle.On that note , I turned OFF the auto blip feature , and actually lift slightly between shifts , and it works. I played around with the FFB too , and although not perfect by any means , it worked out ok. I hope this isn't in bad taste to say this here , but the original DRM mod that was converted for GSE works pretty dang good , and I don't get any of the motors blowing up. Actually been having a blast driving that version. The original version of the DRM mod is pretty dang good anyways , so I don't understand this version.
I had the same problem too but there's the updated version (link provided) which resolves that issue

Fact correction: Regarding the Trust Celica (from Super Silhouette); Tachi (JAF info), in fact, never drove for the Trust team as they are not related to his TOM's team except he sold the car to them. The car was driven by Kaoru Hoshino (link) in the 1981-82 season who previously drove the TOM's A40 Celica that Tachi drove before retiring as a driver.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back