Not open for further replies.
Lets see:

"about 5.000hours of development"
source:
https://www.drm-modding-team.com/mod-features

Assetto Corsa, Avg. Players Last 30 Days: 1712
source:
http://steamcharts.com/app/244210

Lets project on the high side that 50% of the average users/ month actually purchase the DRM Revival mod for the asking price of 15 EUR:
1712/2*15=12.840,- EUR / 5.000h = 2,57 EUR/h

I believe the DRM modding team origins out of Germany - income from this turnover is to be taxed.
Also the self shop front is NOT free of charge, expect a part of the turnover be reduced by fees.

Now here is the question:
ARE YOU WILLING TO WORK FOR LESS THAN TWO EURO AND FIFTY SEVEN CENTS PER HOUR ?

What is the matter with people nowadays?
For premium pricing I expect premium content.
This is far from it.
A great disappointment!

15€ a crazy prize. Made my day. You get a bunch (not one!) of badass cars in high quality, one of the most anticipated mods of the last years, these guys worked their asses off during the last years. I think it’s fair to give them some money equivalent to a couple large beers, a visit to the cinema with popcorn etc etc.

• Deleted member 6919

This a good mod, but not a excellent mod.
For me the engine sounds are not quite there, and apart from the Porsche look a likes, the rest are suffering from over exposed cockpit views, meaning the it's causing the tracks to be to over bright /white look.

Sheez quit the bitching is this going to be the same way on every paid mod? might as well get used to it 'cause there's going to be more. Free content is not going to be affected by it, neither paid mods, I actually do both and always aim for the higher quality as possible.

As I've posted on my review I'm not entirely happy with this mod, at least on the visual side, but it's totally worth the price just for the team effort alone ;)

Lets see:

Assetto Corsa, Avg. Players Last 30 Days: 1712
source:
http://steamcharts.com/app/244210

I think you misunderstand this figure. This is the average number playing AC at any one time taken over a month. Steam Spy gives an estimate of how many people have played AC over the last 2 weeks. It seems to have glitched for the past 2 days but prior to that was running at 100,000 people have run AC in the last fortninght.

http://steamspy.com/app/244210

click on the Audience (2 weeks) to get a chart. The last two columns seem to be a glitch which isn't confined to AC.

Sheez quit the bitching is this going to be the same way on every paid mod? might as well get used to it 'cause there's going to be more. Free content is not going to be affected by it, neither paid mods, I actually do both and always aim for the higher quality as possible.

As I've posted on my review I'm not entirely happy with this mod, at least on the visual side, but it's totally worth the price just for the team effort alone ;)
It’s not worth the asked money if I compare it to your paid contend.
Not only visuals, but
FFB is spongy and not communicative at all,
Physics are rather unconnected
Driving behavior is rigid, lifeless and understeery
3D Modeling lacks in many areas

• Deleted member 241736

It’s not worth the asked money if I compare it to your paid contend.
Not only visuals, but
FFB is spongy and not communicative at all,
Physics are rather unconnected
Driving behavior is rigid, lifeless and understeery
3D Modeling lacks in many areas
.... but their marketing is quit good.

Will pay the 15€ cause of their engagement and sleepless nights they have had - cheers

Finally got to try it... just to find out I can not really enjoy it right now because I have driven these cars in Raceroom and its just ear rape with this mod after that :( Really need to boot my ears before I can even try to focus on other things...

About your "not from the same people at all" critic (which i agree):

RMT 1001 : NIL
RMT 120 : dmatzies
RMT N1 : dmatzies
Puriano 1H : cooky ( permission for using it out of GTL )
Puriano 3H : Jo Benevelli
Yamamoto : dmatzies
Marod Aero : dmatzies
Marod Scream : sovers
Lardo Monoastir : sovers
Carma 308 : Jo Benevelli

“Team of people”

If you’re gonna quote something, at least quote it properly.

Last edited:

:sneaky:And what’s the name of that physics guy?

good mod
but... a little bit disappointed (a fish called wanda ;))
it's a bit sanitized (aseptisé in french), lack of sensation, the sounds are good but 'shy', and the power seems absent, sweet cars instead of beasts...

but still a good mod :), the potential is here, i hope a frankenstein patch

The sound is a disappointment imo, sounds very synthetic at the low & high end. Other than that some interiors could use some work. Worth the money? Yeah. But I'm hoping for some updates to turn that into a more enthusiastic YES!

When Kunos was still developing and growing Assetto Corsa and came out with DLC packs, I happily paid AND donated for quality content. Now that Kunos is no longer in the Assetto Corsa business, I will continue to pay and donate for quality content with even greater enthusiasm just to keep Assetto Corsa alive and vibrant.

This DRM Revival pac fills a big hole for AC racers. Hopefully, we will soon see skins of these cars as raced in the US. I am sure that Americans are going crazy over those 935's, 2002 turbos and 320s'.

As a paying consumer of these types of things, I hope other mod-ing teams are sitting up and watching this release carefully ... and fervently hope it succeeds sufficiently that someday soon somebody steps up and releases original-content (not rips) US Can-Am and Trans-Am pacs (and dare I ask, Chaparral's. ALL of them.) worth paying for.

Last edited:
When Kunos was still developing and growing Assetto Corsa and came out with DLC packs, I happily paid AND donated for quality content. Now that Kunos is no longer in the Assetto Corsa business, I will continue to pay and donate for quality content with even greater enthusiasm just to keep Assetto Corsa alive and vibrant.

This DRM Revival pac fills a big hole for AC racers. Hopefully, we will soon see skins of these cars as raced in the US. I am sure that Americans are going crazy over those 935's, 2002 turbos and 320s'.

As a paying consumer of these types of things, I hope other mod-ing teams are sitting up and watching this release carefully ... and fervently hope it succeeds sufficiently that someday soon somebody steps up and releases US Can-Am and Trans-Am pacs (and dare I ask, Chaparral's. ALL of them.) worth paying for.
AC needs guys to keep knocking out high quality content, its correct what you are saying, will keep it alive for many years to come. :)

For me Assetto Corsa content, both officially and modded, was always about the quality in contrast to more quantity orientated games like Project CARS. If this mod included just the most important 3-5 cars in a Kunos-/RSS-like quality I would have bought it instantly no matter the price.

This DRM Revival pac fills a big hole for AC racers. Hopefully, we will soon see skins of these cars as raced in the US.

As a paying consumer of these types of things, I hope other mod-ing teams are sitting up and watching this release carefully ... and fervently hope it succeeds sufficiently that someday soon somebody steps up and releases US Can-Am and Trans-Am pacs (and dare I ask, Chaparral's. ALL of them.) worth paying for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back