GT5 Driving/gaming seat

I'm in need of a new seat/chair for gaming, particularly for GT5. I've had a really good setup comprising a coffee table for mounting my DGFT on, and a beanbag for sitting my arse on. It's been really comfortable, and most importantly, my eye-line was perfectly on the horizon in GT5.

I only want to replace the beanbag, as it's changed shape with age and doesn't support my back anymore. I sadly don't have the space for a playseat or anything so exotic. Importantly, my bum needs to be only 8-10 inches off the floor to help keep my eye-line on the horizon. Has anyone got any suggestions/recommendations for a proper chair?

I can't suggest anything I have direct experience with as I sit at a desk for all my gaming. My office style chair doesn't go low enough for your needs. I was looking at something you might be interested in a while back though. The only reason I didn't buy it is because I don't have any floor space available at the moment.

I-EX Bean Bag Gaming Chair

Good find, cheers Ross! Wouldn't look too out of place stored in the living room either.

I somehow googled my way in to an online fishing store today and found quite a novel little chair - http://www.korum.co.uk/chairs.php

The Standard Accessory chair. You can get all sorts of bolt-on's for it (bars/poles etc...). Could probably build a full frame for the steering wheel to be mounted on. Straying into the oversize territory though.

I've picked up the Korum Standard Accessory chair for £75. The beanbag looked tempting, but being able to take the korum chair outdoors made the decision. It's really well built, very comfortable and infinitely adjustable. It folds up flat like a deck chair too, so storage is great.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.