Drivers' to meet to discuss Hamilton at Suzuka

I mean, He drives for the most respectable team McLaren and he shouldn't be doing this.. Not so many times at least.
I get that point of view but it is complitly inrelevant. A driver shouldn't act or drive different because he is driving for a "well respectade team".
It would be like saying that Ricardo may crash with everyone while he drives for HRT because HRT isn't that respectade but when (and if) he drives for Red Bull he isn't allowed or should do this things. It just doesn't make sense.

I get that point of view but it is complitly inrelevant. A driver shouldn't act or drive different because he is driving for a "well respectade team".
It would be like saying that Ricardo may crash with everyone while he drives for HRT because HRT isn't that respectade but when (and if) he drives for Red Bull he isn't allowed or should do this things. It just doesn't make sense.

I dont think so. Most of the drivers came from tail end teams to the front end teams. people like Kimi, Alonso, Vettel. Yes, they have made mistakes. But they have understood their mistakes. But Hamilton landed straight into McLaren, unlike most of the other drivers and keeps on doing the same mistake without making an attempt to correct it. Im not trying to say that nobody makes mistakes. You see Vettel in 2010, he has crashed into others 2 or 3 times. He understood his mistake. Now see how Vettel has overcome his mistakes in 2011. And yea, If a driver thinks that he shouldn't act or drive better if he's driving for a "well respectable team", Its completely pointless isn't it? Drivers wins races or champions because of the team, talent also plays a big role yes I agree.I dont think Hamilton could have won the 2008 championship by driving driving a Red Bull or a Renault at that time.

I dont think so. Most of the drivers came from tail end teams to the front end teams. people like Kimi, Alonso, Vettel. Yes, they have made mistakes. But they have understood their mistakes. But Hamilton landed straight into McLaren, unlike most of the other drivers and keeps on doing the same mistake without making an attempt to correct it. Im not trying to say that nobody makes mistakes. You see Vettel in 2010, he has crashed into others 2 or 3 times. He understood his mistake. Now see how Vettel has overcome his mistakes in 2011. And yea, If a driver thinks that he shouldn't act or drive better if he's driving for a "well respectable team", Its completely pointless isn't it? Drivers wins races or champions because of the team, talent also plays a big role yes I agree.I dont think Hamilton could have won the 2008 championship by driving driving a Red Bull or a Renault at that time.
Erm if he doesn't make an attemt then explain the Monza race for me please. I think he was cleaner then ever plus this performance came after Spa. Plus on the start of the Singapure GP Hamilton didn't even try to attack Webber when the lights went green. If none of the previous incidents would have happened he would have gone for the inside, no dought about it.

At Sngapure he made a mistake and this was more of a common mistake for many drivers (IMO). You can't blame him for trying to make a move on Massa but the contact was avoidable, but I guess Hamilton never sow it coming with Massa taking the corner slower then Hamilton. (I don't mean that Massa was driving slowly but his car and line didn't allow him to keep the same speed in the corner like the Mclaren and there for went right on Massas wheel. But this was something that Hamilton should have thought of before trying to preper for the second attack as he was cornering.)

Erm if he doesn't make an attemt then explain the Monza race for me please. I think he was cleaner then ever plus this performance came after Spa. Plus on the start of the Singapure GP Hamilton didn't even try to attack Webber when the lights went green. If none of the previous incidents would have happened he would have gone for the inside, no dought about it.

At Sngapure he made a mistake and this was more of a common mistake for many drivers (IMO). You can't blame him for trying to make a move on Massa but the contact was avoidable, but I guess Hamilton never sow it coming with Massa taking the corner slower then Hamilton. (I don't mean that Massa was driving slowly but his car and line didn't allow him to keep the same speed in the corner like the Mclaren and there for went right on Massas wheel. But this was something that Hamilton should have thought of before trying to preper for the second attack as he was cornering.)

I dont know what are you trying to tell/Ask me. What exactly do you want to know about the Monza GP?
Hamilton and Schumi battle?
Webber crashing into the back of Massa?

At Singapore, Yes The Massa and the Hamilton collision was avoidable. Lewis should have waited for the next corner at least. How could have Massa avoided the accident? moving outside the track and yielding his position to Hamilton?

@Adam: It doesn't matter how slow Massa is, how unmotivated he is, if he's Alonsos toy, or if he's the secret lover of the whole Ferrari-team - Hamilton should still be able to not run into Massa, and that's where the problem is.

Very well said, +1

F1's nothing without characters such as Hamilton.

No, F1 's all about clean overtakes . Not crashing into others.

Myles & Chris: While the incidents in separate is not worth a ban at all. The way he seems unable to understand why he gets those penalties, why he is involved in so much, that's the reason I want him banned for one race. Hamilton's 2011 season is pointing the wrong direction. If you compare his other seasons to this, but doesn't know how to count. You would think that this is rookie season, and 2007 is his 5th. And when he, in his 5th season, pick up this much penalties, and acts like he's done 95% correct, then he needs a harder penalty. If not, it looks like, so far, he will keep on his road to the stewards room. It's not like I would like to see Hamilton out of a F1-weekend, but when he doesn't learn from normal penalties, then you need to give other penalties.

@Adam: It doesn't matter how slow Massa is, how unmotivated he is, if he's Alonsos toy, or if he's the secret lover of the whole Ferrari-team - Hamilton should still be able to not run into Massa, and that's where the problem is.

I think you misunderstood me Ole, I dont think Lewis did anything wrong in Spa, i was asking for Pastor to be baned. Lewis Baned for a race WTF!!!! maybe we should lock lewis up in a dark cell and give him Ritalin, we gotta do something to stop him taking risks in this boring sport we all love.("Disclaimer" Boring is not how i feel about F1 as this sentence is sarcasm)

I dont know what are you trying to tell/Ask me. What exactly do you want to know about the Monza GP?
Hamilton and Schumi battle?
Webber crashing into the back of Massa?

At Singapore, Yes The Massa and the Hamilton collision was avoidable. Lewis should have waited for the next corner at least. How could have Massa avoided the accident? moving outside the track and yielding his position to Hamilton?
I meant Hamilton vs Schumi as you said you can't see him learn from his mistakes.

I think you misunderstood me Ole, I dont think Lewis did anything wrong in Spa, i was asking for Pastor to be baned. Lewis Baned for a race WTF!!!! maybe we should lock lewis up in a dark cell and give him Ritalin, we gotta do something to stop him taking risks in this boring sport we all love.("Disclaimer" Boring is not how i feel about F1 as this sentence is sarcasm)

Well, the move on Maldonado was... well, it wasn't classy, and wasn't way over the top. I might have misunderstood you, but my point still stands.
For the rest of your post - it is possible to stay serious even though people might not agree with you. I cannot understand the need poeple have to write in such way when answering posts that are far from the same way (this goes for more than just an answer to my post, and to many other persons than you!)
I'm not going to write much more about this, read my last post again and post again if you still feel it is something to discuss. But please, stay serious.

Well, the move on Maldonado was... well, it wasn't classy, and wasn't way over the top. I might have misunderstood you, but my point still stands.
For the rest of your post - it is possible to stay serious even though people might not agree with you. I cannot understand the need poeple have to write in such way when answering posts that are far from the same way (this goes for more than just an answer to my post, and to many other persons than you!)
I'm not going to write much more about this, read my last post again and post again if you still feel it is something to discuss. But please, stay serious.

Thats cool Ole, you have your options mate very good ones at that.
If you think Pastors retaliation move on lewis wasn't over the top then i dont really have a reply to that?. if i was the steward there, he wouldnt have started that gp.
Everyone is going to have and does have strong options on F1. favourate drivers teams etc, so people are going to bang heads on topics that they feel strong about. if you took afence from my sarcasim then im sorry, i will try to be carefull when posting in the future and try to be serious, for someone that enjoys life its going to be hard, maybe i need ritalin?.

Anyway, Suzuka this weekend is going to be epic. love the track and will be on TV in NZ at a normal hour. Lets hope Lewis can bounce back, quaily good so hes ahead of Felipe on track and hopefully im still conscious after a full day of bathurst enjoyment.
cheers

I said the move on Pastor, from Hamilton in the last stages of the qual. As far as I remember, Maldonado was on a fast lap as well, so, the banging wheels wasn't classy. Maldonado's own move after the qual, it was somewhat extended to the fact that I seem to remember that Hamilton was closing in a tiny but from the white line (in to the center of the track. PS I am not saying Hamilton moved to the center, but that his car had that direction). However, in GT racing a similar accident ended with a recommondation to remove the license of the "maldonado" in that accident, and I fully agree.

A bit of sarcasm and irony is always good, but it's getting tiresome in the Hamilton discussions, you have big fans, and you have the opposite, when both parts are doing the same it's easy to get fed up.
Somewhat luckily for me I'm a fan of Villenuve, Bruno Senna and HRT (with a tiny soft spot for Virgin and an even tinier soft spot for Lotus (nah, not Renault)) so I'm able to stay fairly neutral in this. At least until Senna or the three teams are getting up to the front, or Hamilton slips back! :)

Bla bla bla bla bla, same old crap from the same old Ferrari and Alonso fans. As for Massa, he needs to take a look at himself, whats the point in being in F1 when your there just as a playtoy for Alonso to use when he wants. At least Hamilton has the desire to win, to succeed to be the best while Massa picks up his cheque knowing what position he is in. You think Hamilton would take up such a role as the guinea pig like Massa............................ didnt think so.

What have all this to do with Alonso? Maybe is you who is so narrow minded that think Alonso has the blame on everything?

I am Ferrari/Alonso fan and I don't agree with the meeting.

As for Massa, there were always nr1 and nr2 drivers in F1, and team orders. I would like to be Ferrari's nr2 driver instead work in front of the computer every day and race in simulators, to be honest.

Get off his back and get back on your Ferrari/Alonso forums ya narrow minded idiots. F1's nothing without characters such as Hamilton.

Edit: I do not agree with his driving at all as some of it goes beyond being determined.

Tell me Adam, which forum do you recommend me?

Relax your attitude and language please.

Oh he did? then why did he drive into Massa? or, maybe he left his lessons at Monza itself.
Then tell me this, at Singapure Hamilton was back at 16th to 18th after that incident. He did overtake many drivers including Massa and I remember no contact what so ever.

Hamilton can be a little bit stupid on the track from time to time but I think we can all aggre that we sow some improvements on those two tracks. (Monza and Singapure)

Actually, don't think so.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but as a fan of a particular driver would you not feel as though you got less value for money if you were going to a race and he was suspended?

Not to mention the sponsors that pay a lot of money for particular drivers to wear their logos.

End of the day, sponsors could pull the plug at any time which I'd bad for business for F1

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.