Misc 

• Thread starter Deleted member 147278
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Deleted member 147278

Update : PQ -> R Crash, doesn't seem to be Origin/Steam based, Instead seems to be outright profile based. Working on a fix as I speak. :)

• Deleted member 147278

Derpish updated Driver Transfer CheatTable with a new update entry:

0.1_4 Major fixes ( Powered by Hopium )

I do need for someone else to confirm this !
But I strongly believe that I might have figured out what was causing the game to crash when loading into career mode races longer than 5 laps after having done a transfer that includes a Free Agent.

DriverID swap rules still remain the same !
Change log:
  • Potentially fixed Career mode races crashing after doing Free Agent swap mid-season.
  • GP mode data hook should no longer crash the game (Thanks Alex88#5069 for helping...

Read the rest of this update entry...

So, I am currently trying to swap drivers in Grand Prix mode. I have followed the tutorial video, but I keep getting this error. At this point I have made a Grand Prix race, backed out to the main menu, turn on Transfer Core and Grand Prix data, and at that point I get this error.

1661687714290.png

I am no genius, but I also think it isnt finding the Addresses of the DriverID, Driver Nr. and Garage Index

1661687743493.png

• Deleted member 147278

So, I am currently trying to swap drivers in Grand Prix mode. I have followed the tutorial video, but I keep getting this error. At this point I have made a Grand Prix race, backed out to the main menu, turn on Transfer Core and Grand Prix data, and at that point I get this error.

View attachment 595273

I am no genius, but I also think it isnt finding the Addresses of the DriverID, Driver Nr. and Garage Index

View attachment 595274
Its not finding them because the script core crashed.
Restart core, and switch menu tabs again. I had the same happen in my tutorial :^)
I'll look into it more once I have confirmation on career mode being sorted.

Its not finding them because the script core crashed.
Restart core, and switch menu tabs again. I had the same happen in my tutorial :^)
I'll look into it more once I have confirmation on career mode being sorted.
I have tried that aswell haha, just like in the tutorial, but the error keeps occuring. Also have tried to restart the game and restart Cheat Engine, but both don't seem to help

I did some experiments on Driver career, the game crashes when loading the race ONLY if you have a free agent on the grid (like f2 drivers and legends) other than that you can switch between existing drivers as you like, I'll try transferring free agents last day of the season and see if it works

The only problem is the missing textures for the unused drivers like Kvyat, Kimi or Grosjean. It appears when you try to load them in they have no head. I have no idea how to load in the textures from the previous games sadly.

• Deleted member 147278

The only problem is the missing textures for the unused drivers like Kvyat, Kimi or Grosjean. It appears when you try to load them in they have no head. I have no idea how to load in the textures from the previous games sadly.
Ima throw a short explanation here now, but will make tutorial later once I sort out the Free agent transfers crashing the game under certain circumstances.

For example if you want Kimi, just search 'kimi' in last years game folder, it should result few folders and files, and you basically want to copy them over to F1 22 folder to match the same directories they were in 2021, except the 2021_asset_group files should go in 2022_asset_group and the .assetgroup within those folders, should be edited in notepad replacing '2021_asset_groups' with '2022_asset_groups'

I dont know which files the game actually reads and which it doesn't since once you get their textures working, they will still be missing a helmet ( that part i covered in my video at one point )

Other than that its just messing around with the files i guess...

But again I will focus on that later, my priority right now is figuring out why Free Agents crash the game under certain circumstances, and why I could do Free Agent transfers just fine in my save... so ye things to do...

Last edited by a moderator:
So I simulated to the end of the 1st season, and JUST AT THE LAST DAY OF THE SEASON you can transfer IN free agents and even drivers who are retiring that season, the game does all next season's transfers at the last day of the previous season and that's the day that you can add free agents without crash and even prevent retiring drivers from retiring by putting them back to the grid just at the final day

• Deleted member 147278

Alright as I try to figure this out, Question for those who did get the Q->R crash from Free Agent Transfer, not DriverID swap.
When did you guys do the transfers ?
Did you peeps make the transfers during Race 1 ? Before loading in the weekend that forces you to do Practice 1 ? Main career hub or Weekend hub ?

Alright as I try to figure this out, Question for those who did get the Q->R crash from Free Agent Transfer, not DriverID swap.
When did you guys do the transfers ?
Did you peeps make the transfers during Race 1 ? Before loading in the weekend that forces you to do Practice 1 ? Main career hub or Weekend hub ?
Before loading in the weekend that forces you to do Practice 1 in Main career hub, then it crashes when loading Q->R

• Deleted member 147278

Before loading in the weekend that forces you to do Practice 1 in Main career hub, then it crashes when loading Q->R
Ye that weekends data structure is pre-generated, and doing transfers, doesn't actually free up the driver already in that weekend, even tho he is visibly replaced by the new one... internally as far as game is concerned there is now a extra driver in that weekend. So that's why it crashes, based on the EGO dump there was 1 extra driver that shouldn't be there.

Mind skipping over Race 1, and going to Race 2, same thing in main career hub try to do the free agent swap and let me know if it crashes once you load into that 2nd Race.

Ye that weekends data structure is pre-generated, and doing transfers, doesn't actually free up the driver already in that weekend, even tho he is visibly replaced by the new one... internally as far as game is concerned there is now a extra driver in that weekend. So that's why it crashes, based on the EGO dump there was 1 extra driver that shouldn't be there.

Mind skipping over Race 1, and going to Race 2, same thing in main career hub try to do the free agent swap and let me know if it crashes once you load into that 2nd Race.
Worked fine after race 1

• Deleted member 147278

Worked fine after race 1
Alright I'm like 90% confident now that the issue is that specific first weekend that has the forced P1 session. Due how that weekend entrant data is already generated beforehand.

Guess I can try and look into a method of getting Free Agent transfers working for Season 1 Race 1.

But other than that everything else hopefully should be fine as is.

• Deleted member 147278

Alright to clarify the current state of dos and not to dos with the current Script (These mainly apply to Career modes, GP mode feel free to unga bunga):
  • Do:
    • You may transfer any drivers ONLY in the Career hub itself at any point in the Season as long as its not before Race 1

• To have desired transfers for Following Season Race 1, do the transfers at the end of Previous season AFTER games contract negotiation period, basically on the last day of the season...for fairly obvious reasons.
  • Not to Do:
    • Transferring Free Agent drivers before Race 1 of any Season, even in Career hub, will result in a crash during Q to R transition rendering that save slot unloadable!
      (I will look into a making script extension that hopefully will prevent this, by editing the pre-generated weekend data.)

• Transferring Free Agent drivers within a ongoing weekend event, will result in a Q to R transition crash rendering that save slot unloadable!

• Transferring Drivers during contract negotiation periods, will make the timeline not progress.
      • You can fix this by undoing the transfers you did during that contract negotiation period.

In regards to advanced DriverID swapping in Career mode, You may only DriverID swap a transferred driver who is not part of the ongoing season standings.
>refer to the video in main post.

In regards to DriverID swapping for both modes, here is something to remember, participant with swapped ID will retain the standings from previous participant.
And as always, remember to keep a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 32 16.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 26 13.1%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 27 13.6%
  • Friday

Votes: 70 35.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 111 55.8%