So I guess there won't be a new MotorStorm game from them? Very sad, considering that their last MS title wasn't so good. I still appreciate the work they had done.

Rest In Peace Evo.

(EDIT: Perhaps I was a little too harsh on my first reply...)

Last edited:
They probably got a whole lot of money from Sony...

Personally DriveClub had something that other games didn't but it really lacked some succes..

You Will Be Missed EVO!!

Sony must have sold about £30 x 2 million units, so £60 million squid. That should have kept the studio going for years with new innovative ideas to explore, or new games, or a Drive Club 2 or whatever else.

This reminds me of the TDU game a bit. A game with great promise that never had it's potential really fulfilled and the staff just seemed to get treated like crap, especially after TDU2 release.

I feel so bad for the people who actually "do the work" at these places. OK great, jobs elsewhere, maybe... but where? Another country? The other end of the country.

Sony and the managers just run with the bounty and screw the employees!

• Deleted member 151827

Sad news! Hopefully they will stick together and form and new Studio! Wish all involved luck with what they do next.

I'm about 110% convinced that Sony did this to move resources to speed up development on GT Sport. If Polyphony Digital was left to themselves to finish the game it would be 50% done and released anyway in 2017.

For a phoenix to rise they need capital.

The spoils of DC have been taken by Sony and managers, leaving the employees high and dry with 'support' to help them get jobs again.

With all the money the studio made there should be more than enough to treat people really well.

Yes the world is imperfect, but thankfully I can vote with my wallet.

I'd always bought the latest PS to go with the latest GT game... not this time. Sony are all too happy to shaft employee and consumer alike for profit margin for themselves, and I've been shafted one too many times by them now.

Driveclub VR 2.jpg

In the build up to Gamescom 2016, Sony have confirmed a new VR only version of the popular driving and racing game Driveclub will be heading to PlayStation VR before the end of 2016.

An official Sony statement confirmed the new Driveclub VR game will be available to sample from today at the 2016 running of the Gamescom event in Germany. Going on to offer a little more detail about how the team have been working for the past year to bring Driveclub to VR, Sony stated they are excited to continue the work started by Evolution Studios before the shock announcement of their closure and subsequent by Codemasters.

"We’re passionate about trying to create the most memorable and exhilarating gaming experiences possible, so being given the opportunity to take Driveclub to a more immersive level thanks to VR is really thrilling" said a Nico Orru, Principle Programmer SIE Immersive Technology Group.

"This not only allows players to truly feel the incredible speed, sensation and precision of driving some of the world’s most exotic high performance cars, but also the chance to race against or with one another in a completely new way."​

Few details are known about the "new" game, however Orru did reveal the following game modes will be available on game launch:
  • Game modes: Online virtual reality multiplayer race modes and an action-packed single player career are joined by drifting and time trial challenges
  • Tracks: New and classic Driveclub tracks are brought to life through the power of PlayStation VR, including five all-new Urban locations
  • A closer look: Every car is recreated with immaculate detail for players to explore up close with Inspection Mode
  • Cruise control: A little time to kick back, open the throttle or just coast and explore any track, in any country at your leisure in Cruise Mode.
  • Virtual passenger: An immersive thrill ride through exciting replays of hot laps as players watch themselves handle their greatest challenges from a unique viewpoint in Passenger Mode

No release date for Driveclub VR is currently available.

Check out the RaceDepartment Driveclub sub forum for news and discussions regarding this newly announced VR racing title, and chat to fellow fans about all things Driveclub related!

Driveclub VR 1.jpg Driveclub VR 5.jpg Driveclub VR 4.jpg

Did you play the original Driveclub? What do you think of the game? Will you be trying Driveclub VR? Do you think the game will transfer well to Virtual Reality? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Good to see this racer have a new life in VR, though there may not be further development on it as Evolution Studios is gone, it's good to see something being done with the title and gives Playstation a VR racer.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back