A brand new update for the promising Drift '21 simulation has been released - now includes the Mazda RX8.

Yes, bringing the best of both worlds in terms of fresh content and experience improvements, the new update from ECC Games S.A for Drift '21 is a rather substantial one - arguably the largest update deployed so far during the Early Access development of this new title.

Having only been available in Steam Early Access since since May 7th, it is perhaps inevitable that the game would suffer from some early teething troubles as the developers look to iron out issues before expanding on the core gameplay content and mechanics. Such has been the case for Drift '21, however it looks like ECC Games S.A. are keen to keep on top of community feedback, and this latest update is certainly a very positive step in the right direction for what looks to be a very intriguing and promising drift and tuning focused simulation.

One of the key changes and improvements for the new build is another look at the way steering wheels interact with the simulation, hopefully providing a large number of users with improved feedback characteristics within the game. Also on the car behaviour topic, a new tyre model iteration has been released with this update, which the studio have promised should make a considerable impact to the way cars interact with the road surface.

All interesting stuff, let us know what you think of the current version of the game in the comments section at the bottom of this article.

Drift 21 Update 1.jpg

Update Notes

New content

• Added new car - Mazda RX8
  • Added tuning car parts for Mazda RX8
Added
  • Expanded Controls settings window and added experimental presets and settings for various and popular steering wheel models
  • Added information about supported rim sizes to each car info in Car Shop
  • Added an option to turn off speedometer on HUD (available in Settings or by pressing H on keyboard)
  • Added an option to turn off detailed rear mirrors (available in Video Settings)
  • Added a pop-up that appears when trying to collect all unmounted parts
Other changes
  • Tire physics overhaul - big changes to the driving model
  • Suspension parameters overhaul - another major change to the driving model
  • Major changes to Force Feedback settings
  • Regrouped content in the Settings menu
  • Added missing texts and localizations
Fixes
  • Fixed challenge: Time Attack 7 for North
  • Fixed a critical bug which caused various game crashes, for example after trying to change the color of the rims
  • Fixed a bug where the mouse pointer wasn’t visible in the Settings menu
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the handbrake slider value from being saved properly
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the automatic transmission from engaging if the steering wheel was connected
  • Fixed a bug with options Ignition On and Ignition Off being available when Can Stall was inactive
  • Fixed an issue with where decals in Paint Booth had inconsistent sizes
  • Fixed an issue where certain Fuel Rails had invalid parameters
  • Fixed missing texts on North challenges result screens
  • Fixes to various North challenges - all checkpoint boxes should spawn properly now
  • Fixed a bug that caused cars to spawn on the track with the mask, trunk, and doors opened
  • Fixed a bug which prevented players from closing pop-ups in the Paint Room
  • Fixed an issue where the credits earned during tutorial Time Attack challenge were not awarded properly or at all

Original Source: Drift 21 Steam.

DRIFT21 will available on PC Steam Early Access now.

Got questions about the sim? No worries, head over to the Drift 21 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and fire off questions to the community!

Drift 21 Update 2.jpg

Last edited:
I don't understand why you post Drift21 news. Just because it's published by 505? It's not really sim focused, just as the numerous other drift games on Steam. I think Wreckfest would be the better arcade-ish title to feature on the frontpage
EDIT: I've read about the other drift games on Steam now and I have to admit that Drift21 looks more realistic than those. Will read the news to see how it turns out!

Last edited:
FFS,

I stand up speechless, totally speechless in front of sim racers who spend 5k (5000) $ on a useless game like iRacing (or a mediocre sim to be fair),

and then those same guys cheap out on getting more authentic sims for 39$ like ACC AMS2

or a great but older sim for 9$ like pC2, AMS1 or AC

or DR 2.0 or F1 2020 or WRC9 or...

or even ETS2, Wreckfest, Kartkraft or Snow Runner...

I don't understand being so critical against those sims, arcades or games. Sometimes it's only one man team behind the whole game and also they are good value for money even for one test drive. (If you compared them to other options).

Forgot to mention Drift 21 between all the sims (or games if you like) that I mentioned. Isn't it funny?

Also if what I wrote wasn't clear, I mean with this point:
"Sometimes it's only one man team behind the whole game" that they are doing their best with the resources they have. The proof about that is that I can mention many examples about sims (or games) were horrible at launch but the team kept improving and updating.

Again, Drift 21 costs only as much as a car (one car) without a track on iRacing plus a membership for about 2 weeks. I bet it drives better or maybe close to it. I don't think Drift 21 deserves to be deleted from the news page.

Maybe my comment was worded badly. But I think this is a weird choice. There are many less hardcore sim games to report on, and I personally really enjoy playing them. I enjoy reading news about F1 games, My Summer Car, would also love if RD kept up with BeamNG news. But why Drift21? That's why I asked if them being published by 505 is a factor.

I would like to ask wich are the other nice drift games that are not clearly a mobile game port to PC? Because that's what all the others seem like from youtube. For this price i think this title shows a lot of promises: great graphics, great tuning/car building system (i'd like to have the possibility to save some "engine presets" tho) and while the physics may be it's weakest point right know, i think the cars at stock are quite realistic and unwilling to drift, not like most arcade drift games where you can always drif everything.
Still have to try better the new update, but the "fully tuned" 1100hp silvia i made for fun became from "urealistingly too low lateral grip" to "undriveable but beliveable"

Maybe my comment was worded badly. But I think this is a weird choice. There are many less hardcore sim games to report on, and I personally really enjoy playing them. I enjoy reading news about F1 games, My Summer Car, would also love if RD kept up with BeamNG news. But why Drift21? That's why I asked if them being published by 505 is a factor.

I agree man. I have heard a lot of good things about BeamNG but never read about it in RD. Also there are games that we don't even know they exist.

Personally I have 100 to 350 hours in each of the major hardcore simulator while I only have 20 to 50 hours on each car game. This tells that I prefer sims. But I am less critical against a game that I purchased for 6 to 25 Dollars. (Sorry maybe I am repeating the same idea).

Well what you need to keep in mind is that it seems like RD only have a couple of people to cover news stories on the homepage. Theres only so many sims/games you can report on during a week without the homepage becoming so busy that things get missed.

Also personal opinion here but as good as it is at satisfying the inner child with car crashes, BeamNG isnt really a sim is it? its a physics engine with the WORST performance ive ever witnessed. Have to have the worlds best processor to even consider more than 1 car on track or road at once.

Well what you need to keep in mind is that it seems like RD only have a couple of people to cover news stories on the homepage. Theres only so many sims/games you can report on during a week without the homepage becoming so busy that things get missed.

Also personal opinion here but as good as it is at satisfying the inner child with car crashes, BeamNG isnt really a sim is it? its a physics engine with the WORST performance ive ever witnessed. Have to have the worlds best processor to even consider more than 1 car on track or road at once.

This. But slight correction.. only 1 person covering the news! :D

Drift '21 is covered because it looks to be the only simulation orientated drifting game on the market at the moment, as other drift style titles are far too niche and arcade to be in scope of what we cover.

As for BeamNG, I covered it a long while ago, no one was interested, and since then I've come to the conclusion that it isn't really a racing title, so I parked reporting on it a long time ago.

I think Wreckfest would be the better arcade-ish title to feature on the frontpage.

Yeah man, we've reported extensively on this (awesome game!), and continue to do so whenever news springs up (which is increasingly rare nowadays it seems). Worry not, when things happen with it, I'll be posting about it! (link: https://www.racedepartment.com/forums/wreckfest.157/?starter_id=5132)

This. But slight correction.. only 1 person covering the news! :D

Drift '21 is covered because it looks to be the only simulation orientated drifting game on the market at the moment, as other drift style titles are far too niche and arcade to be in scope of what we cover.

As for BeamNG, I covered it a long while ago, no one was interested, and since then I've come to the conclusion that it isn't really a racing title, so I parked reporting on it a long time ago.

I did think it was only you covering news tbh but wasnt too sure so didnt like to say it :roflmao:

All right that's enough with this elitist BS. If it's a racing game, it deserves to be mentioned. Unless of course it's some super silly Fast and Furious nonsense. But even that might interest some. Get over this S#%^. Stop being a snob. As for BeamNG....it's not even a racing game but rather a soft body physics simulator software. I don't see anything related to proper racing action in there.

We don't get any news about BSE either. The most anticipated motorcycle racing game (at least for me). And we got some nice gameplay action on Facebook too. Maybe they have uploaded some stuff on instagram as well.Should i start complaining about RD featuring some goofy game like My Summer Car instead of BSE?

I don't understand why you post Drift21 news. Just because it's published by 505? It's not really sim focused, just as the numerous other drift games on Steam. I think Wreckfest would be the better arcade-ish title to feature on the frontpage.
At least there's no Need for Speed related stuff here.

--------------------------------------
Also, consider Wreckfest a child of Gran Turismo (slightly easier driving physics) and Beam.NG (car deformation.)

I can agree with the fact that there are some other nice titles that didn't get in the news recently, but sometimes you also have to remember that this is just some passionate people mantaining a forum, you can't ask the to actually know all the news.
And i think this title actually deserves to be here as much as wreckfest or more serious ones as it falls in the sim-ish spectrum, i'd even like a little news about arcade titles just to stay updated about what's around.

I don't understand why you post Drift21 news. Just because it's published by 505? It's not really sim focused, just as the numerous other drift games on Steam. I think Wreckfest would be the better arcade-ish title to feature on the frontpage.

This is racedepartment.com, correct? I think you're on the wrong site and might be looking for simdepartmentonly.com

Drift 21 has been updated, and now includes the beautiful EBISU Touge track to the location roster within the simulation.

Joining the already available EBISU School, Driftland, Minami and North complex, the recent June 12th update now adds the EBISU Touge circuit. According to the developers, the new layout is 'a reproduction of the Japanese mountain switchbacks'. Featuring an impressive 1,200 meters of demanding track, the narrow and winding roads present players with very limited visibility, having been designed for experienced drifters with little room for error. Sounds like fun...

Drift 21 Header.jpg

Drift 21 Update Notes:

New content

• Added new track - Ebisu Touge, also known as Shintoge
  • Added new Time Attack challenges - designed specifically for Ebisu Touge
  • Added new Solo Run challenges - designed specifically for Ebisu Touge
Changes
  • Balance tweaks in Driftland, School and Minami time attack challenges

DRIFT21 will available on PC Steam Early Access now.

Got questions about the sim? No worries, head over to the Drift 21 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and fire off questions to the community!

Drift 21 Update 2.jpg
Drift 21 Update 1.jpg

Attachments

• Drift 21 Header 1.jpeg
    Drift 21 Header 1.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.