Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a new electric speedometer that I want to use with simhub but I need to tell it how many "pulses" per mile it should expect. Do anybody knows the default tones/second/mile that simhub sends to the speedometer?

I know it uses the arduino Tone library and that I can change it if I need to. I'm just not well versed on the use of that particular library.

Thanks.

I just bought a new electric speedometer that I want to use with simhub but I need to tell it how many "pulses" per mile it should expect. Do anybody knows the default tones/second/mile that simhub sends to the speedometer?

I know it uses the arduino Tone library and that I can change it if I need to. I'm just not well versed on the use of that particular library.

Thanks.
Default setting is 367hz (pulses per second) for 290Km/h (it was the values for the e36 cluser) :
upload_2018-10-4_7-37-47.png

I admit calibration process been conceived for the reverse process (plug and calibrate from Simhub according to the speedo. The most easy way before digging in math would be to set a typical value stole from a random car then calibrate it using SimHub.

Default setting is 367hz (pulses per second) for 290Km/h (it was the values for the e36 cluser) : View attachment 272593
I admit calibration process been conceived for the reverse process (plug and calibrate from Simhub according to the speedo. The most easy way before digging in math would be to set a typical value stole from a random car then calibrate it using SimHub.

Thanks for your response, now I understand the settings and what they mean.

My speedometer goes from 0-160 MPH. So, if my math is right, if I set my speedometer for a signal of 4 pulses/second/mile, then my settings should look like this:

Speedo gauge minimum speed: 10
Speedo gauge minimum output: 40
Speedo gauge maximum speed: 160
Speedo gauge maximum output: 640

I will give this a try tonight when I get home and let you know the results.

Last edited:
Hi Wotever,
I know you support arduino boards like the UNO, nano V3, and MEGA.
Do you plan to support any of the Teensy boards, like the Teensy 3.2?
It runs Teensyduino which is essentially Arduino (based on my limited understanding)
Great app by the way, amazing functionality and flexibility.
Mike

Hi Wotever,
I know you support arduino boards like the UNO, nano V3, and MEGA.
Do you plan to support any of the Teensy boards, like the Teensy 3.2?
It runs Teensyduino which is essentially Arduino (based on my limited understanding)
Great app by the way, amazing functionality and flexibility.
Mike
Actually I've never investigated much the teensy, i know that it's more powerful, but there is a big price dilemma , the whole range of small form factor arduinos don't goes above 4€ (when sourced from china, even the arduino micro can be found for this price) while it's really hard to find a teensy for less than 20€. But at the end it would run the same sketch with same features.

But as far as I know it should compile almost out of the box. I've seen some people using simhub on teensy :

Hi.
Can i calculate or get the data from when the wheels lock in rFactor 1/AMS?
To make a graphic light off/on - as in dashboard notification when a wheel lock is happening?
For output to a nextion screen.
Thanks in advance!

Hi.
Can i calculate or get the data from when the wheels lock in rFactor 1/AMS?
To make a graphic light off/on - as in dashboard notification when a wheel lock is happening?
For output to a nextion screen.
Thanks in advance!
It's not a data given as is but you can find rotation properties : DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.Data.wheel01.rotation , when it's 0 and speed is > 0 you can detect a wheel lock :
upload_2018-10-4_23-54-46.png

Thanks for your response, now I understand the settings and what they mean.

My speedometer goes from 0-160 MPH. So, if my math is right, if I set my speedometer for a signal of 4 pulses/second/mile, then my settings should look like this:

Speedo gauge minimum speed: 10
Speedo gauge minimum output: 40
Speedo gauge maximum speed: 160
Speedo gauge maximum output: 640

I will give this a try tonight when I get home and let you know the results.

Turns out that my speedometer requires me to set up the expected pulses per mile. After some basic algebra calculations I determined that, with the settings above, that would be about 14400 pulses per mile.

I set my speedometer to use that number and I connected it to the Arduino via a TIP120 transistor (similar to what you would do for a tachometer) and It didn't work.

While reviewing the instruction manual for my speedometer i found that it was also compatible with 5V square wave signals which is what the Arduino tone library is producing natively. That's when i decided to connect it directly to the Arduino and it is working flawlessly.

In case anybody is wondering which speedometer I got, it is made by speedway and is the model Part # 91065037. So far it seems fully compatible with simhub without any transistors, diodes or resistors. Just connect the signal wire (green) to the Arduino pin and set up simhub.

Wotever Thank you very much for this software.

Wotever updated SimHub, DIY Sim racing Dash with a new update entry:

Windows 10 october update - Hold on !!!!

Hi guys !

With this october comes the next windows 10 major update (aka windows 10 october update). I installed it before the public wave and as often it comes with it's bag of issues, very annoying this time. In my case most graphics apps randomly refuse to start and crashes (windows store apps, simhub ....)

I can only suggest you to hold your update time for Microsoft to solve the bugs.

If you already installed it and you suffer such issues, in my case the rollback worked...

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Deleted member 121730

I am pretty happy with SimHub but there is one thing that I have been trying to get which I am unable to, it is the fuel level for F1 2018. The game shows like +1.40 laps of fuel however no matter which data I get and try or perform some mathematical operation I am unable to get what the game is producing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Wotever,

First off thanks again for this great software! Since last week I'm experimenting with some bass shakers and multiple software packages that are available for that purpose. Compared to SimShaker Wheels and Sim Racing Studio, the SimHub Shake It for bass shakers "Advanced Output configuration" is amazing:thumbsup: Also the possibilities for the Effect configuration are very nice after some fiddling with the available options. Based on testing with the different software packages I think a addition to SimHub would make it further standout.

In SSW there is a tab "Game specific settings" where I enabled the checkbox for rFactor 2 "Curbs & bumpy terrains". When this was enabled I could feel all kerbstones, even all the smaller ones.
SSW - Game specific settings.PNG

Based on some testing it seems that it is using the rf2 specific "Surface Type" telemetry.
rFactor 2 - Shaker input data - Front right - Highlighted.png

Since all related suspension telemetry are not showing large spikes when driving over "Kerbstone 2" it seems that SimHub is not outputting more FrontRightVibration compared to regular flat asphalt. But when I took a closer look at the type of kerbstone I would expect some more vibration compared to regular flat asphalt, especially because the "Kerbstone 2" is very clearly audible (see/hear video above).
Circuit-Kerbstones.jpg

Based on this information and observations I think it would be fantastic (and unique) if it would be possible to add custom ShakeIt effects based on the already available game telemetry data using Ncalc, just like we can add telemetry data when creating a custom dashboard.
[edit]The ability to customise the input data, with Ncalc, that a predefined effect is using would also be a good solution in my opinion.[/edit]
SimHub - GameRawData mSurfaceType.PNG

When that is possible we can control the bass shakers like no other software package is offering :):)

Last edited:
Hi Wotever,

First off thanks again for this great software! Since last week I'm experimenting with some bass shakers and multiple software packages that are available for that purpose. Compared to SimShaker Wheels and Sim Racing Studio, the SimHub Shake It for bass shakers "Advanced Output configuration" is amazing:thumbsup: Also the possibilities for the Effect configuration are very nice after some fiddling with the available options. Based on testing with the different software packages I think a addition to SimHub would make it further standout.

In SSW there is a tab "Game specific settings" where I enabled the checkbox for rFactor 2 "Curbs & bumpy terrains". When this was enabled I could feel all kerbstones, even all the smaller ones.
View attachment 273391

Based on some testing it seems that it is using the rf2 specific "Surface Type" telemetry.
View attachment 273392

Since all related suspension telemetry are not showing large spikes when driving over "Kerbstone 2" it seems that SimHub is not outputting more FrontRightVibration compared to regular flat asphalt. But when I took a closer look at the type of kerbstone I would expect some more vibration compared to regular flat asphalt, especially because the "Kerbstone 2" is very clearly audible (see/hear video above).
View attachment 273393

Based on this information and observations I think it would be fantastic (and unique) if it would be possible to add custom ShakeIt effects based on the already available game telemetry data using Ncalc, just like we can add telemetry data when creating a custom dashboard.
[edit]The ability to customise the input data, with Ncalc, that a predefined effect is using would also be a good solution in my opinion.[/edit]
View attachment 273395

When that is possible we can control the bass shakers like no other software package is offering :):)
Hi ! I thought that I already added a boost on kerbs, I will check as I did it for most games giving the info, but I can't remember having missed it for rf2.

For the ncalc "custom effect" really happy that you suggest it, it's something I've already thought about but i told me it was not what people wants, but technically it's totally possible and whole simhub infrastructure is ready for such a thing.

Hi ! I thought that I already added a boost on kerbs, I will check as I did it for most games giving the info, but I can't remember having missed it for rf2.

For the ncalc "custom effect" really happy that you suggest it, it's something I've already thought about but i told me it was not what people wants, but technically it's totally possible and whole simhub infrastructure is ready for such a thing.

Having the ability to add custom effects (or modifying existing effects) would create fine-grade customisation possibilities. For example I would really love to get only kerbstone vibrations, which would be possible when using Ncalc. Another thing that I can imagine is that someone want the vibrations just based on the G force vert, or just based on the "Damper Vel" for a particular wheel. More game-specific effects telemetry data, just like the SSW - Game specific settings would then also be possible, but you probably already included that in the predefined effects. I've read a lot in the Tactile Immersion thread and I think that a lot of people are interested in more customisation possibilities, especially if the new feature aligns with the current SimHub infrastructure.

Hello Big Wotever, I need your help, I can not run SimHub in mobile mode (android). I have already tried your suggestions in the guide (firewall, antivirus, different smartphones, removed and installed SimHub again ...) but unfortunately nothing. I also try to connect to the IP address from a PC and not on the smart phone and does not even connect. Would you have any other suggestions kindly? I thank you in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes