"double bind" keys? i.e. sequential + paddle to Shift Up

Alex Ball

Web Nerd
Hey guys,

I have a sequential shifter, and obviously my wheel has paddles. I'd like both to be mapped at the same time so I don't have to re-do it every time I change mod - is this possible?

Cheers,
a

Nope, unfortunately - unless you can run 3rd party software that would map your paddle to your shifter - i.e. they both appear as the same button. I'm sure I've seen some about - but it wasn't designed for this purpose so it may not work brilliantly. Can't remember where I saw it though.

AFAIK you can't "double bind". I'm not an expert though...

However, you could make more than one Control Profile. I do that on both rFactor and Race 07 as they both have many different cars that use different gear-change-types (H-Pattern, Sequential Stick, Paddles). This means you can just switch your control profile. I own a G25, and I have many different Profiles:

For rFactor:
G25 - H-Pattern & Paddles
G25 - Sequential Stick
G25 - WRC Configuration
G25 - WRC H-Pattern
G25 - Historic GT
PS3 Controller
Keyboard (for Testing)

For RACE 07:
G25 Paddle Shift CUSTOM
G25 Sequential Shift CUSTOM
G25 H-Pattern CUSTOM

In both games it's pretty quick and easy to switch between the different configurations in the garage (just a few clicks).

Also, in rFactor, you don't need to re-do the whole controller profile. You just make any necessary changes to your existing controller profile, click "Save" and then save it under a different name :)

So, AFAIK, that is the easiest solution.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.